Worst battery ever

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get that before it shut itself off. 6 hours of on screen time on the first charge cycle. That's almost in the Note 2 territory.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Wow, you got twice the life I did. Doesn't mine seem bad? My iPhone 5 blew this out of the water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 44

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea what's killing my battery so fast? Phone gets really hot too.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Life Companion
It's your data. That burns way more than when on wifi especially LTE. Toggle your data off with a widget like widgetsoid or power toggles. It's fast and saves lots of battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I use my droid all day and for the most part i have to be plugged in because by the second my battery is at one bar. I just bought this phone. It is fast, even on the battery.

Which phone do you have

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Colonels

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Try this:

Power off phone, remove battery for 2 minutes, then put it back in.

I have no idea why but this would fix random run away processes that killed my galaxy s3 battery exactly like what's happening to you.

I'm getting about 12 hours usage screen using 71% total time screen on 4:40 hours

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you got twice the life I did. Doesn't mine seem bad? My iPhone 5 blew this out of the water.

Were you using the maps that much? On my first cycle of the battery I noticed google maps used around 30-40% battery and I didnt even use maps, Found out the latest updates of maps was causing this, uninstalled the update and battery life was a lot better...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Without knowing the screen on time, I don't think those screenshots are too informative.

Nope. I'm not sure what maps was doing.

Whatever it is doing it is eating your battery! Does the S4 Have a task manager like other Galaxy Phones? On my Note 2 I will periodically close all running apps and clear the RAM just incase there is a rouge app.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Were you using the maps that much? On my first cycle of the battery I noticed google maps used around 30-40% battery and I didnt even use maps, Found out the latest updates of maps was causing this, uninstalled the update and battery life was a lot better...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
It's Google Now. Sucks life out of your phone and uses location services/maps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol