Worst battery ever

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Calidoc

Do you have Air View and Split Screen and SMart Stay and those new features installed? What about Beautiful Widgets?
Those are the only things that I added yesterday when my phone decided to go crazy overnight, before that my phone worked great for 2 charge cycles.
I suggest turning them off / uninstalling them to see if it fixes your issues, although your GPS usage is strange as mine does not show that yet I am experiencing similar battery drain since last night.

I think your phone is bugged if you had GPS off but it still shows on. DO a factory reset.

Airview, smart stay and that stuff is off I do have beautifuk widget (2 going). I'll tl uninstall and see what happens.

edit: Sorry, I have 2 go weather widgets going. ***** Hey the point of widgets if they use so much battery that you can't run them.

Colonels

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Airview, smart stay and that stuff is off I do have beautifuk widget (2 going). I'll tl uninstall and see what happens.

edit: Sorry, I have 2 go weather widgets going. ***** Hey the point of widgets if they use so much battery that you can't run them.

honestly it's just like live wallpapers... you have the option to use them but you will suffer!

i would remove all widgets at first to see if that is the source of your problem, if it is, then add them back slowly monitoring the performance till you identify the culprit.

my battery is back to normal, normal charging this morning and discharging now

vinnyvv

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey question, i have a nokia lumia 920, i was wondering if the galaxy s4 battery is better with the battery life. I have had problems with my nokia getting hot and battery draining. I want to get the S4 so badly but i see some people are having problems with their battery. Anyone have a Nokia lumia 920 and moved to s4 or used both and can relate?

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

Is the goggle maps for using navigation? That eats battery big time

honestly it's just like live wallpapers... you have the option to use them but you will suffer!

i would remove all widgets at first to see if that is the source of your problem, if it is, then add them back slowly monitoring the performance till you identify the culprit.

I get what you're saying, but I have most every feature turned off on this phone...to the point it's unusable. No wifi, no GPS, no widgets, no air view, no autostay or whatever, and no motion. I mean, I might as well have my iPhone. What's the point of the features if you have to turn them all off? I'm not just talking about ne little extra feature, but major functions.

Colonels

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I get what you're saying, but I have most every feature turned off on this phone...to the point it's unusable. No wifi, no GPS, no widgets, no air view, no autostay or whatever, and no motion. I mean, I might as well have my iPhone. What's the point of the features if you have to turn them all off? I'm not just talking about ne little extra feature, but major functions.

There is definitely something wrong with your phone. It should last as long as iPhone 5 with most options turned on. You just need to find the thing that is killing your battery (GPS related for sure) then start turning the other features back on.
The full usage bar on GPS is definitely wrong.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
OP was compare to iPhone. Shocker.

It's not the worst. I was the NHL Playoff for an hour, Texting, Browsing, few minutes on YouTube and had 30% left after a 12 hour shift at work.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There is definitely something wrong with your phone. It should last as long as iPhone 5 with most options turned on. You just need to find the thing that is killing your battery (GPS related for sure) then start turning the other features back on.
The full usage bar on GPS is definitely wrong.

So, I did a full reset and now the GPS does not show it is running anytime the phone is on. If you notice from my screen shots, the GPS was always running, as indicated by the full bar on my battery usage. However, I thought the full bar just meant that GPS was enabled (like Wifi). Now, after the reset, the GPS bar shows only when it's being USED. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Will report back. Thank you guys for your help with this so far.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
OP was compare to iPhone. Shocker.

It's not the worst. I was the NHL Playoff for an hour, Texting, Browsing, few minutes on YouTube and had 30% left after a 12 hour shift at work.
Go Canucks. Lol :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by speed13<br />
<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by planoman<br />
Is the goggle maps for using navigation? That eats battery big time
<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by Colonels<br />
honestly it's just like live wallpapers... you have the option to use them but you will suffer!<br />
<br />
i would remove all widgets at first to see if that is the source of your problem, if it is, then add them back slowly monitoring the performance till you identify the culprit.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Just buy a second battery and use your phone. That is one of the pluses of the S4. You can use a toggle widget to turn off bluetooth, wifi and data when not in use. You will be fine. Don't handicap your phone to get an extra hour of battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm really curious as to all the people having bad battery performance..are you switching from an iPhone? If this your first Android? Seems like I feel maybe people are downloading all these free apps now and getting some rogue app that is constantly using GPS or data even when not in use. You have to be careful about downloading apps. Also I would definitely turn off all the air crap. Air view, air touch, air smell, air air, it all lol. I can bet that is also a battery drain. And if your phone is acting that bad I would just do a complete factory reset. Then download a few important apps you need to get through the day and go from there. Monitor your battery life daily and if it is good, download another app. I knew people that would hit the app store and download the most goofy apps they could find simply because it was never available for iPhone. They'd end up having problems. And I have Google now on my one x and it is not that big of a drain either.

Colonels

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery life back to normal screenshots to prove it.

Another thought is that Air View uses the sensors on screen and the night I got battery drain the phone was in bed but the sheet was covering the screen. Maybe it was combo of bugged air view and proximity sensor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-27-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-27-28.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-27-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-27-46.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-27-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-27-36.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So, I did a full reset and now the GPS does not show it is running anytime the phone is on. If you notice from my screen shots, the GPS was always running, as indicated by the full bar on my battery usage. However, I thought the full bar just meant that GPS was enabled (like Wifi). Now, after the reset, the GPS bar shows only when it's being USED. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Will report back. Thank you guys for your help with this so far.

My GPS always on problem is back. I started an independent thread to try to get more help.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...id-reset-fixed-day-later-problem-returns.html

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
After week of using s4 I'm happy with life of S4 battery :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367670210608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367670210608.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367670222713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367670222713.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 35

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Post Screen on Times! That's the only way to accurately compare battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
atyte6ar.jpg
usegy8uz.jpg
e3utyqa4.jpg
Post Screen on Times! That's the only way to accurately compare battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Odakle si Savicu?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers