I hook up my phone in my car to use Spotify, but I keep getting a warning about extended listening at loud volumes being harmful. I can just hit ok and then turn up the volume again, but having to do this practically every other time I start listening to Spotify is annoying. Anyone know how to turn this warning off permanently?
    slappy#IM and chunktv like this.
    04-28-2013 06:52 PM
    I'm looking for a resolution to this as well. I listen to Pandora, and my own Shoutcast stream and have to deal with the same BS while I'm trying to drive. This is a real hazard for a lame warning not to blow out your eardrums.

chunktvlive.com
    05-24-2013 05:44 PM
    Yes this is annoying. My volume randomly turns up and down along with the notification

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-11-2013 08:49 AM
    It's so annoying, sometimes I listen to podcasts and I need the sound up a little higher since it's not music...
    06-11-2013 09:20 AM
    Also getting the notification - intermittently - on this VZW S4. Very annoying. PPL need to be complaining to VZW.
    06-11-2013 10:46 AM
    Same with me, would love to know a fix (am rooted if need be).
    06-11-2013 11:37 AM
    I'm rooted as well, and was about to load a ROM that didn't have this lol.

But it's annoying. So is the 5% perma-low brightness that you can't change.
    06-11-2013 11:39 AM
    Same with me, would love to know a fix (am rooted if need be).
    If you are rooted, it's probably an easy fix...I just don't know what it is that needs to be fixed!

If I can figure it out, I'll post up here.
    06-11-2013 11:46 AM
    After setting up adapt sound I can still get that same warning but I feel like it occurs at a much higher volume than before. I could be wrong though. I'm getting the warning now after hitting the volume + over 9 times from 0. Thats much higher than what I would normally ever use with headphones so I haven't even noticed it the last couple of weeks.
    06-11-2013 11:47 AM
    After setting up adapt sound I can still get that same warning but I feel like it occurs at a much higher volume than before. I could be wrong though. I'm getting the warning now after hitting the volume + over 9 times from 0. Thats much higher than what I would normally ever use with headphones so I haven't even noticed it the last couple of weeks.
    The default level for the warning is at "10", so that would be right where you're getting it.

Here are instructions for those rooted to remove it:
    [GUIDE | TUT | HACK] Remove Android 4.2.x safe volume message - xda-developers

EDIT: Just tried this using the "easy" method (1st method), and it didn't seem to work on my S4...
    06-11-2013 12:40 PM
    Here's how I got around it. I use Poweramp for my music player. Thankfully it has a preamp and EQ so I just boosted the preamp a bit, tweaked the EQ a bit more and now the "default" sound level for music is high enough that I never get that annoying warning even when turning it up a fair bit.
    06-11-2013 01:18 PM
    Mine does it too, but it doesn't do it all the time. Once it comes once, it wont come on again until after a while. It's annoying when it does come on though.
    06-11-2013 05:43 PM
    Try going to a public place where the noise level is moderately high. Now go to your sound settings and Adapt sound. Now do the listening test, but basically click no to any sound you don't hear VERY well. That way you trick your phone into thinking you're partially deaf. That way you can turn the volume up without recieving the warning. It worked for me no modding required.
    06-14-2013 04:25 AM
    I have this issue as well. When Im riding my bike listening to music, my phone is in my pocket and I use the controls on my headphones to boost the volume. Its annoying when the volume won't go up, and I have to slow down or stop to get my phone out of my pocket and click the "ok"
    06-14-2013 07:55 AM
    I friggin' love you, thanks!
    Try going to a public place where the noise level is moderately high. Now go to your sound settings and Adapt sound. Now do the listening test, but basically click no to any sound you don't hear VERY well. That way you trick your phone into thinking you're partially deaf. That way you can turn the volume up without recieving the warning. It worked for me no modding required.
    06-14-2013 09:07 PM
    Why do we need a kludge to "fix" such a shonky "feature"? I have so much admiration for Android until they do something as stupid as this! At least if they feel like they must put a limiter on there to prevent them from being sued or whatever they should at least include the option to turn it off permanently, whereby it becomes the user's responsibility.
    06-23-2013 07:34 PM
    Why do we need a kludge to "fix" such a shonky "feature"? I have so much admiration for Android until they do something as stupid as this! At least if they feel like they must put a limiter on there to prevent them from being sued or whatever they should at least include the option to turn it off permanently, whereby it becomes the user's responsibility.
    Well there is a more elegant solution: root and install a different ROM. That's the route I went. Installed Slim Bean and amongst the ton of other awesome features, is the removal of the high volume warning.
    Scott Swain and ihbsbA like this.
    06-24-2013 12:11 AM
    This did not work for me
    07-29-2013 01:35 PM