Which launcher is the best?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, as a brand new android user, this completely changes the phone! I downloaded Nova. I LOVE how I can have 7 buttons on the fixed row at the bottom.

Can someone explain exactly what this app does? Does it disable Touchwiz? Is it saving system usage, or adding to it? The phone seems faster with Nova for some reason.

Question though: how do I get back to the normal phone? lol
Prepare to be blown away. Head over to www.mycolorscreen.com and see all the great screens you can setup on your phone.

Nova Launcher replaces your Touchwiz launcher but you can go back easily. Just go to the Nova settings by double tapping your screen. Scroll down to the bottom and select default home. Choose Touchwiz etc and you are back to where you were before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Apex is where it's at. Great launcher. Go launcher is fun sometimes...but I've felt lately they keep bloating the thing with all their add-ons lol. It's like the alternate touchwiz now lol.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as to why everyone is so fascinated about Nova Launcher. I prefer Apex Launcher myself. It has more features, especially in the free version and is almost identical in a lot of ways.

But no one ever really talks about Apex, only Nova. Weird.

I'd swear the developers have to know each other being as it's hard to tell the two launchers apart.
They are very similar. The one thing I like about Nova over Apex is the ability to add multiple apps at one time.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova launcher prime but check out Lightning Launcher. It is amazing. More difficult to learn but you can place icons anywhere you like without a grid and you can do vertical scrolling. I'm still experimenting with it.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My only issues w/Nova (or Apex) is you can't change the font...for myself it seems tiny on the S4. Also I wish the app drawer had a "vertical pagination (?)" option...this was on the HTC One I had and I got accustomed to it.
I did notice on Holo Launcher it allows changing font size.

Anyway I'm using Nova for now...

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love Nova Launcher Prime. I just finished playing around with Next Launcher 3D Lite. It looks amazing but it's not for me.

I love cars so I'll compare it this way. :)

Next Launcher 3D is like Lamborghini Aventador.

Audi RS5 is like Nova Launcher Prime.

:)

jenden

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The launcher I like is Next Launcher by the makers of Go Launcher. It cost a little but runs great with a lot of extra features and I can use Next and Go launcher themes.

Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Liquid Smooth 4.3

xShadowBladex

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have tried a lot of different launchers. The one I really like is nova prime since it gives me the stock experience. I also tried out smart launcher which is cool if you like simplicity. If you have 4.4.2 in the settings,more tab you should find the default applications tab its an easier way of switching launchers. I do also sometimes use the google now launcher but its not available in the play store you will have to download aptoide on chrome if you want the launcher. If you want a windows look get launcher 8. And if you want a ios look get mihome it has some chinese when looking for themes though. Those are just a few suggestions you could try.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I try every new launcher that comes out and always fall back to Adw.ex Just love it

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app