Does the remote control function work wit DirecTV?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, for you lucky folks who already have this phone, does anyone have a DirecTV DVR, and if so, does the remote control function of the S4 work with it?

Thanks!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So does it just let you flip through channels or can you also navigate all menus and record shows. Can you get to the guide and to the menu, basically, could it replace the directv remote completely?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Would love to see a screen shot of what the remote app looks like when controlling the directv dvr, a video would be even better!

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So does it just let you flip through channels or can you also navigate all menus and record shows. Can you get to the guide and to the menu, basically, could it replace the directv remote completely?

Yes to all of the above. Picture a universal remote :)

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Yes you can get the guide and menu. Its awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
u4e2yqe5.jpg

Notice you can switch from tv remote format to direct tv one
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It will record using direct TV. Watch on is a great feature on the S4. I wish Sammy would advertise it more than those air gestures which most people will never use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am skipping the GS4 because as I Note 2 owner, I feel obligated to wait on the Note 3, but boy I sure hope it will have that feature too, that looks great!

So fast forwarding through recorded shows and managing your recording all works?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a DVR setting from Comcast boxes, but I haven't looked too hard. I've set it up for three different rooms in the house, where there are different combinations of TV, cable box, AV receiver, and BR player. It works sort of like a plain vanilla version of the Logitech Harmony remotes, meaning you can turn everything off and on with one remote. Although it doesn't turn everything or on with one button press -- when you press the power button, a list of your devices for that room pops up and you tap each one to turn them on/off. It also allows you to differentiate when you just use the TV as a monitor, but change channels with the cable box and change the volume with the AV receiver.

This is also a boon for my wife, who is partial to all of the lifestyle and reality shows that are scattered about the "dial" at any given time. I've set it up so all those types of shows that are currently on show up on the S4 screen when you hit On TV. Awesome feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae