05-04-2013 03:08 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    ...and fighting about the ONE-S and the S5 !!! LOL!
    Why does everyone assume successors to phones will have an s attached to them? Is that because of apple or what.

If htc/samsung wanted to be creative and unique they would come up with a name that doesn't possibly infringe apples patents.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 02:58 PM
    Did the OP write an open letter to the Samsung fans that bash the HTC One or any other Android? Probably not. It does work both ways.
    Ry and TomsAndroid like this.
    04-29-2013 02:58 PM
    I agree but then you shouldn't come on the HTC forums and comment about how "pretty" the HTC One is. It works both ways
    The HTC One is very pretty. whats wrong with paying a compliment to the competing team?
    04-29-2013 03:13 PM
    I have seen this go both ways, If you go to the HTC One forums you will see Samsung fans over there bashing the One. It seems you are taking it personal other than enjoying the love og the phone game. I been In the phone game since 2002 and seen people bash phones and love them at the same time. Dont let it get to you bro and love whichever phone you choose. Some people buys a phone because of hype or what the cool kids have ( I call It riding the band wagon ). And then you have the people who buys a device according to there needs. just sit back and enjoy the ride bro its fun.
    paul-c likes this.
    04-29-2013 03:18 PM
    My phone is better than yours! HA SUCK IT... Oh wait.. I'm still on the S3...wow.. I suck .

Just kidding! I've always said both phones are really nice.. But people will bash each phone, throw their chest out, and scream why they think so. Fact of life. Just have to work through it and it will calm down although I do understand how it gets annoying.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    04-29-2013 03:41 PM
    Why does everyone assume successors to phones will have an s attached to them? Is that because of apple or what.

If htc/samsung wanted to be creative and unique they would come up with a name that doesn't possibly infringe apples patents.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    If Apple has a patent for adding an "S" next to the name of their phone name....well then thats beyond stupid
    04-29-2013 03:43 PM
    I wish htc and Samsung would merge.

Keep HTC's build material, speakers,internal storage capacity, launcher, screen quality, but add Samsung's features, removable battery, battery capacity, sd cards, build quality, and processor and you have the perfect phone.

Both companies can learn a lot from each other

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    TomsAndroid and Russ Smith like this.
    04-29-2013 06:47 PM
    I wish htc and Samsung would merge.

Keep HTC's build material, speakers,internal storage capacity, launcher, screen quality, but add Samsung's features, removable battery, battery capacity, sd cards, build quality, and processor and you have the perfect phone.

Both companies can learn a lot from each other

I wish Samsung would just use stock Android. Pretty much every complaint would be addressed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    04-29-2013 06:49 PM
    I wish Samsung would just use stock Android. Pretty much every complaint would be addressed.

But then my s beam, swipe screen shots, Multiview, and pop up video won't work.

Stock Android has some catching up to do

04-29-2013 07:01 PM

If stock Android is a must, no need to even look at the S4 (and One).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    04-29-2013 07:43 PM
    What I find funny is that posting a thread like this will only make the Samsung bashers come out of the woodwork. Better to just let them be, they will leave eventually.
    04-29-2013 07:53 PM
    If you look closely, half the bashing is done by the same handful of people, moreso here than the HTC forum (as far as less but more active haters) but it does happen both places.

It's why I use the ignore function now.
    04-29-2013 08:29 PM

Then my Note 2 would be just a large phone and not a hybrid.

My phone is a good One!
    The Hustleman likes this.
    04-29-2013 09:04 PM
    Why can't we all just hold hands and save our anger for Apple?

Hysterical......thank you for the reality check...hahahahahahahahahahaha
    The Hustleman likes this.
    04-29-2013 10:09 PM
    There both Android... What's not to like

Btw. I chose the the One since I had the GS2 (loved it) and IMHO the S4 looked very similar to the S3, but still an awesome device - wanted to go with aluminum for a change.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    neonworm likes this.
    04-29-2013 10:43 PM
    Why don't people just buy the phone they like and atop yapping about why their's Is better.
    These billion dollar companies laugh all the way to the bank while the minions argue over which is better.
    Enjoy your phone and and act like adults (those thay are).:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    04-29-2013 10:44 PM
    If Apple has a patent for adding an "S" next to the name of their phone name....well then thats beyond stupid
    You patent inventions. You trademark names. And you can't trademark an "S" anymore than you can trademark the word "cat", because then you'd literally have to pay the trademark holder every time you wanted to use the word.
    04-29-2013 10:58 PM
    I agree with everything the OP said in his opening letter.

Except the parts where he specifically mentions ONE fans bashing on S4 fans. Although this maybe factually true, it is not the whole truth and hence is unbalanced.

Statements such as this only serve to polarise / inflame the situation further by implying that it is the ONE fans that is doing all the trolling / hating & bashing. A quick look at the ONE forum and you will see plenty of trolling / hating & bashing going on there too.

The message of the letter is to be commended. The language used unfortunately undermines the intent of the message.
    I couldn't help but laugh at this. It doesn't deserve a response other than the following:

If you or any other HTC One fan sees it fit to create a similar thread in the One forums, have at it. These repetitive "Well, since they do I will too" comments are childish.

I don't speak for everyone who owns an S4. Some people might enjoy flaming the other camp. I personally would have a more enjoyable experience here without the turning of every thread dealing with a technical issue into a debate about who's is bigger..better.
    04-29-2013 11:18 PM
    I couldn't help but laugh at this. It doesn't deserve a response other than the following:

If you or any other HTC One fan sees it fit to create a similar thread in the One forums, have at it. These repetitive "Well, since they do I will too" comments are childish.

I don't speak for everyone who owns an S4. Some people might enjoy flaming the other camp. I personally would have a more enjoyable experience here without the turning of every thread dealing with a technical issue into a debate about who's is bigger..better.
    Pretty sure what he was saying went right over your head.
    antw081 likes this.
    04-29-2013 11:55 PM
    If you prefer a plastic phone with 8gb of space even though its suppose to be 16gb then to each there own.
    04-30-2013 12:03 AM
    Dear HTC One Fans,

I'm a smartphone fan, not a Samsung fan. I enjoy quality tech and will use whichever phone by any manufacturer as long as it meets my needs. I have an iPhone 5 (I've had every iPhone), I have an S4 (I've had the Droid Charge and the S3 before) and I've used pretty much every HTC Smartphone (The One included).

I love android. Admittedly I love pure Android more than a skinned version but I love Android all the same. I enjoy it's features, programming capabilities and really, I love the Androidcentral community and like coming here to share excitement, stories, help others with issues and get issues of my own resolved.

The past couple of days using this forum, I'm seeing more and more hate from HTC One users in the S4 threads than I'm seeing actual posts and conversations about issues or excitement. I cannot help others with their issues and provide better experiences when I have to filter through a lot of posts from you guys hating on our phones and talking to us like we're stupid or uneducated because we chose the phone that best suited our needs. I've used both the S4 and the One and the S4 is the phone for ME. Hence why I'm on here. Hence why the other S4 users are on here. This is where we get excited. Please respect that and limit the hate so we can enjoy our new toys.

Thank you,

Kevin Guinn
    Forum member since March 2011
    To be fair, there has been plenty of HTC One hate from Samsung fans in the HTC One forum as of late. It's like a juvenile little gang war on both sides at Android Central.
    BigDinCA likes this.
    04-30-2013 12:41 AM
    You're joking, right? I mean really... have you not been on the One forums at all? Until a few days ago when the GS4 was finally getting in the hands of the masses, it was all anyone could do not to see a Sammy fan jump onto a random thread, about a device they would never consider buying, and commence to tell everyone how the battery sucks, no microSD sucks, aluminum sucks, Taiwan sucks, blah blah blah. "What's the thread about?" "It doesn't matter, let's just go over there and whiz all over it because there isn't really anything going on in the GS4 forums yet."

You should have said something more along the lines of "look - I know that for the last two months you HTC fans have dealt with some (not all) Sammy fans being complete nincompoops on the forums, but now that the GS4 is out I think that kind of behavior needs to stop. I didn't think so before, when it was aggravating you to no end, but now that it has started to effect me I think it should stop."

I really do agree with you in principle though - the constant device bashing really impedes people from enjoying the forums as a place to go for help, insight and general camaraderie and solidarity.
    04-30-2013 12:43 AM
    Checked out the htc one in the store. I think it looks nice, but not the phone for me. I personally chose the s4 because it is what I wanted. especially for memory expandability and features i liked. And I came from Iphone for the last 4 years. had my gs3 for about 3 weeks then ordered my gs4 which will be here in a couple of days.. using my iphone 3gs right now. it feels so tiny now....
    04-30-2013 12:51 AM
    You could make a list of the "bashers" just from looking at this thread. They are easy to spot, because they got all bent out of shape over someone commenting on the lack of class and couth by a handful of One users who feel the need to come to the S4 forums and start flame wars....

It is a childish attempt at inflating ones ego.

Things such as this ~

Do you really have so little self control you have to come in here bashing?
    What's been posted seems to have gone over your head as well.
    04-30-2013 12:54 AM
    So someone please tell me exactly what this thread has accomplished. If I get a satisfactory answer I'll keep it open. Otherwise it's gonna get closed because it has all the signs of going downhill rather quickly.
    04-30-2013 12:55 AM
103 1234 ...