Open Letter to The HTC One Fans Who Bash on The S4

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Why don't people just buy the phone they like and atop yapping about why their's Is better.
These billion dollar companies laugh all the way to the bank while the minions argue over which is better.
Enjoy your phone and and act like adults (those thay are).:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
If Apple has a patent for adding an "S" next to the name of their phone name....well then thats beyond stupid

You patent inventions. You trademark names. And you can't trademark an "S" anymore than you can trademark the word "cat", because then you'd literally have to pay the trademark holder every time you wanted to use the word.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything the OP said in his opening letter.

Except the parts where he specifically mentions ONE fans bashing on S4 fans. Although this maybe factually true, it is not the whole truth and hence is unbalanced.

Statements such as this only serve to polarise / inflame the situation further by implying that it is the ONE fans that is doing all the trolling / hating & bashing. A quick look at the ONE forum and you will see plenty of trolling / hating & bashing going on there too.

The message of the letter is to be commended. The language used unfortunately undermines the intent of the message.

I couldn't help but laugh at this. It doesn't deserve a response other than the following:

If you or any other HTC One fan sees it fit to create a similar thread in the One forums, have at it. These repetitive "Well, since they do I will too" comments are childish.

I don't speak for everyone who owns an S4. Some people might enjoy flaming the other camp. I personally would have a more enjoyable experience here without the turning of every thread dealing with a technical issue into a debate about who's is bigger..better.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't help but laugh at this. It doesn't deserve a response other than the following:

If you or any other HTC One fan sees it fit to create a similar thread in the One forums, have at it. These repetitive "Well, since they do I will too" comments are childish.

I don't speak for everyone who owns an S4. Some people might enjoy flaming the other camp. I personally would have a more enjoyable experience here without the turning of every thread dealing with a technical issue into a debate about who's is bigger..better.

Pretty sure what he was saying went right over your head.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Dear HTC One Fans,

I'm a smartphone fan, not a Samsung fan. I enjoy quality tech and will use whichever phone by any manufacturer as long as it meets my needs. I have an iPhone 5 (I've had every iPhone), I have an S4 (I've had the Droid Charge and the S3 before) and I've used pretty much every HTC Smartphone (The One included).

I love android. Admittedly I love pure Android more than a skinned version but I love Android all the same. I enjoy it's features, programming capabilities and really, I love the Androidcentral community and like coming here to share excitement, stories, help others with issues and get issues of my own resolved.

The past couple of days using this forum, I'm seeing more and more hate from HTC One users in the S4 threads than I'm seeing actual posts and conversations about issues or excitement. I cannot help others with their issues and provide better experiences when I have to filter through a lot of posts from you guys hating on our phones and talking to us like we're stupid or uneducated because we chose the phone that best suited our needs. I've used both the S4 and the One and the S4 is the phone for ME. Hence why I'm on here. Hence why the other S4 users are on here. This is where we get excited. Please respect that and limit the hate so we can enjoy our new toys.

Thank you,

Kevin Guinn
Forum member since March 2011

To be fair, there has been plenty of HTC One hate from Samsung fans in the HTC One forum as of late. It's like a juvenile little gang war on both sides at Android Central.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You're joking, right? I mean really... have you not been on the One forums at all? Until a few days ago when the GS4 was finally getting in the hands of the masses, it was all anyone could do not to see a Sammy fan jump onto a random thread, about a device they would never consider buying, and commence to tell everyone how the battery sucks, no microSD sucks, aluminum sucks, Taiwan sucks, blah blah blah. "What's the thread about?" "It doesn't matter, let's just go over there and whiz all over it because there isn't really anything going on in the GS4 forums yet."

You should have said something more along the lines of "look - I know that for the last two months you HTC fans have dealt with some (not all) Sammy fans being complete nincompoops on the forums, but now that the GS4 is out I think that kind of behavior needs to stop. I didn't think so before, when it was aggravating you to no end, but now that it has started to effect me I think it should stop."

I really do agree with you in principle though - the constant device bashing really impedes people from enjoying the forums as a place to go for help, insight and general camaraderie and solidarity.

AshManMB

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Checked out the htc one in the store. I think it looks nice, but not the phone for me. I personally chose the s4 because it is what I wanted. especially for memory expandability and features i liked. And I came from Iphone for the last 4 years. had my gs3 for about 3 weeks then ordered my gs4 which will be here in a couple of days.. using my iphone 3gs right now. it feels so tiny now....

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You could make a list of the "bashers" just from looking at this thread. They are easy to spot, because they got all bent out of shape over someone commenting on the lack of class and couth by a handful of One users who feel the need to come to the S4 forums and start flame wars....

It is a childish attempt at inflating ones ego.

Things such as this ~

Do you really have so little self control you have to come in here bashing?

What's been posted seems to have gone over your head as well.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So someone please tell me exactly what this thread has accomplished. If I get a satisfactory answer I'll keep it open. Otherwise it's gonna get closed because it has all the signs of going downhill rather quickly.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So someone please tell me exactly what this thread has accomplished. If I get a satisfactory answer I'll keep it open. Otherwise it's gonna get closed because it has all the signs of going downhill rather quickly.

Because there's an awesome ice cream shop across from my ATT store? The birthday cake with a chocolate covered waffle cone is epic!

My phone is a good One!

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I had originally requested you keep this open but there is no point in me fighting it. You may close the thread if you'd like.
Kevin

Last edited:

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Kevin

I can't say I have noticed HTC fans hating more than Samsung fans to be honest. Some people love Samsung and see them doing no wrong, and some feel the same way about HTC.

I currently have a Galaxy S3, and before that I had a Galaxy Note, and before that I had iPhones. Now, I am waiting for my HTC One to be delivered - my first HTC. Both phones ( actually all three brands) are brilliant and no-one in their right mind could honestly say otherwise. Anybody who blindly follows a single company is a fool to them self - better to look at all phones available to you and choose the one that is right for you. Of course, Samsung have been carrying out some pretty unpleasant tactics recently according to the news (ie paying students to rubbish HTC) which I think is kinda pathetic. I also think that, looking at the HTC One and S4, HTC have spent more time really thinking about what people use a smartphone for and taking some pretty bold risks, for which they should be commended. Samsung seem to have become obsessed with cramming stuff on which is designed to impress, but is of little real-world value.

Samsung outspent every other manufacturer last year on marketing, so it's little surprise they have sold so many phones, especially when the S3 was(is) such a great phone too. Not perfect, but very, very good. The S4 will be even better - lighter, better screen, higher res camera, faster etc. But, to me at least, they haven't spent as much time really thinking about what to put on the phone, unlike HTC who I think have. Almost every review I have read about the S4 says that the software they have put on it is pretty useless. That is why I am going to try the new HTC next. I don't think it will be perfect either, but for me it is the best fit right now.

But I agree, the rampant fanboyism on both sides achieves nothing; let's have a mature discussion about these phones instead! There are so many interesting things to discuss about them.

-Robsa

PS Wouldn't your post have been better in the HTC One forum?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Checked out the htc one in the store. I think it looks nice, but not the phone for me. I personally chose the s4 because it is what I wanted. especially for memory expandability and features i liked. And I came from Iphone for the last 4 years. had my gs3 for about 3 weeks then ordered my gs4 which will be here in a couple of days.. using my iphone 3gs right now. it feels so tiny now....

Apart from the fact that you are using a 3gs. How is that old guy holding up..? We are talking 2009 here (6 years).

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just want to get my two cents in before it is closed!! :D

This place rocks!! (big compliment)

When you have a lot of people discussing whatever, a lot of good info comes to the surface. Yeah, we have to put up with the crappy stuff too. But, in my opinion, the crappy stuff is in the minority. Just like our system of government. We have to put up with the crappy stuff, because it comes along with our freedoms. There is a LIMIT on how much crappy stuff our government will take, and the same goes for here. With all that said, being a newbie into this, the S4 has knocked me down.. From my newbie position, and doing a lot and I mean a lot of reading, the S4 has my name on it..The SD card and the removable battery are a big plus. Then you add the camera in, a no brainer to me. However, a lot of people can feel the exact same way over the HTC ONE, and guess what, they be correct too. Being an older gent (72), I have found out from the length of my years, that you can have people can have different opinions/conclusions on the same subject/topic, and they ALL BE CORRRECT.

HTC people, enjoy your phone. S4 people, including myself are going to really enjoy this phone.. (big wrinkled old grin)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had originally requested you keep this open but there is no point in me fighting it. You may close the thread if you'd like.
Kevin

Well yeah, but when it goes the direction of getting into flamewars, insults, etc it's not worth keeping open. Seems things have gotten better since my post. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Kevin

I agree with closing. This did nothing but bait a flame war.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You could make a list of the "bashers" just from looking at this thread. They are easy to spot, because they got all bent out of shape over someone commenting on the lack of class and couth by a handful of One users who feel the need to come to the S4 forums and start flame wars....

It is a childish attempt at inflating ones ego.

Things such as this ~

Do you really have so little self control you have to come in here bashing?

LOL.

Goes both ways.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members