Open Letter to The HTC One Fans Who Bash on The S4

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
We don't really know how much Samsung is making because they refuse to break out smartphone and tablet sales. Also they only announce shipped, not sold numbers. Now why is that...

And another one.

You make it sound like all McDonald's food is bad.

It's almost like the HTC fanboys are acquiring some Apple fanboy-like snobbery based on perceived build-quality.

Again. Samsung phones aren't crap and they're making money hand over fist. Scoreboard.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And another one.

It's almost like the HTC fanboys are acquiring some Apple fanboy-like snobbery based on perceived build-quality.

Again. Samsung phones aren't crap and they're making money hand over fist. Scoreboard.

I'm not saying Samsung phones are bad; I'm just saying that high sales alone don't make a phone good.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And another one.

I usually agree with you, but... Apple sells in higher numbers than everybody, and their phones certainly aren't the best. They may be very good, but not the best. Sales numbers are not everything.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I usually agree with you, but... Apple sells in higher numbers than everybody, and their phones certainly aren't the best. They may be very good, but not the best. Sales numbers are not everything.

My point is that if the Samsung phones were as bad as HTC fans are making them out to be, they wouldn't sell. Especially in the US with carrier subsidies, people are paying essentially the same prices for Samsung and HTC phoned. Samsung isn't putting out junk if that many people are buying their phones. Apple isn't putting out junk either.

My even bigger point is that none of these phones suck as much as the opposite side's fans are making them out to be.

And lol @ this open letter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We don't really know how much Samsung is making because they refuse to break out smartphone and tablet sales. Also they only announce shipped, not sold numbers. Now why is that...

They're clearly making more than HTC though.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My point is that if the Samsung phones were as bad as HTC fans are making them out to be, they wouldn't sell. Especially in the US with carrier subsidies, people are paying essentially the same prices for Samsung and HTC phoned. Samsung isn't putting out junk if that many people are buying their phones. Apple isn't putting out junk either.

My even bigger point is that none of these phones suck as much as the opposite side's fans are making them out to be.

I think Samsung phones are great phones.. I prefer the one but it doesn't mean that the s4 is in any way inferior.. My girl prefers her s4..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ahh see I didn't see that in your post. I agree with that. The S4 isn't junk, it's just different than the One, and vice versa.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
And another one.

Still doesn't change the fact that best selling doesn't mean "best". All you need to sell the most is a GOOD product and build brand awareness better than the rest through vastly superior marketing. That doesn't have to mean I'm agreeing with those who are saying Samsung isn't good.

radlink14

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like there's finally a draw in the smartphone competition :) we can agree that the HTC one and Samsung galaxy s4 has converted many people to happyniness! My boyfriend, a blackberry user for about 4 years finally has gotten an android phone. Its not the HTC one nor the s4, but he is super happy. HTC one and s4 both have android! At the end of the day, let's be happy we are all supporting healthy competition with a common platform! Who says we all can't be united, wed be easier heard and favored :)

Do you guys ever see an iPhone user bash another iPhone user? I personally haven't, wondering if anyone else can relate?

Kind regards,
Ramon

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Still doesn't change the fact that best selling doesn't mean "best". All you need to sell the most is a GOOD product and build brand awareness better than the rest through vastly superior marketing. That doesn't have to mean I'm agreeing with those who are saying Samsung isn't good.

What's best depends on who is buying the product. For me nothing is better than the Note 2 because it does everything I need without having to carry around an extra device or two.

My phone is a good One!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Still doesn't change the fact that the One and the S4 are both good phones. I'm not trying to argue which is "best".

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's all about picking which you like best.

Do you like a minimalist phone with emphasis on aesthetics with the best screen and speaker sound available on a phone without the extra features and content with 32 or 64gb of storage, the one is the best choice for you.

Do you prefer a phone with all the features you can get whether you will use them or not (the choice is there), a great screen, not the best but still great, expandable storage where you can get up to 96gb with use of microSD cards, removable battery for when/if the battery dies in the middle of the day, the fastest processor, the largest capacity battery, then get the s4

No wrong choice, no right choice

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The S4 has a much better looking screen than the Htc One. The HTC One looks colorless, washed out and doesn't pop. S4 has better color and makes photos and movies pop.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The S4 has a much better looking screen than the Htc One. The HTC One looks colorless, washed out and doesn't pop. S4 has better color and makes photos and movies pop.

*rolls eyes*

No. Just...no.

The One has a screen that is dead on accurate for color when compared to the S4's stock setting. That 'pop' you speak of is a screen whose color calibration is so far off that it creates colors that don't exist in nature. Just because it 'pops' doesn't mean it is better. (It means exactly the opposite, actually)

The saving grace for the S4 is that it has the different screen modes, which allow you to fix the colors to be accurate.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like there's finally a draw in the smartphone competition :) we can agree that the HTC one and Samsung galaxy s4 has converted many people to happyniness! My boyfriend, a blackberry user for about 4 years finally has gotten an android phone. Its not the HTC one nor the s4, but he is super happy. HTC one and s4 both have android! At the end of the day, let's be happy we are all supporting healthy competition with a common platform! Who says we all can't be united, wed be easier heard and favored :)

Do you guys ever see an iPhone user bash another iPhone user? I personally haven't, wondering if anyone else can relate?

Kind regards,
Ramon

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
I'm not sure I'd qualify it as healthy because the OEMs and carriers aren't delivering us OS updates as fast as would be best for us, the customer. I know why they do it. So we have to buy newer phones more often If we want that. But I don't like it.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Dear HTC One Fans,

I'm a smartphone fan, not a Samsung fan. I enjoy quality tech and will use whichever phone by any manufacturer as long as it meets my needs. I have an iPhone 5 (I've had every iPhone), I have an S4 (I've had the Droid Charge and the S3 before) and I've used pretty much every HTC Smartphone (The One included).

I love android. Admittedly I love pure Android more than a skinned version but I love Android all the same. I enjoy it's features, programming capabilities and really, I love the Androidcentral community and like coming here to share excitement, stories, help others with issues and get issues of my own resolved.

The past couple of days using this forum, I'm seeing more and more hate from HTC One users in the S4 threads than I'm seeing actual posts and conversations about issues or excitement. I cannot help others with their issues and provide better experiences when I have to filter through a lot of posts from you guys hating on our phones and talking to us like we're stupid or uneducated because we chose the phone that best suited our needs. I've used both the S4 and the One and the S4 is the phone for ME. Hence why I'm on here. Hence why the other S4 users are on here. This is where we get excited. Please respect that and limit the hate so we can enjoy our new toys.

Thank you,

Kevin Guinn
Forum member since March 2011
You need to address the same letter to Galaxy S4 fans. Neither HTC One fans nor S4 fans have cornered the market in fanboyism.
And how do HTC fan boys in a message board keep you from enjoying your new toy?

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nothing like alleged adults arguing like kids over a phone. Just reading some of these threads makes me appreciate my children who act like adults.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

epik16

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
*rolls eyes*

No. Just...no.

The One has a screen that is dead on accurate for color when compared to the S4's stock setting. That 'pop' you speak of is a screen whose color calibration is so far off that it creates colors that don't exist in nature. Just because it 'pops' doesn't mean it is better. (It means exactly the opposite, actually)

The saving grace for the S4 is that it has the different screen modes, which allow you to fix the colors to be accurate.

Saving grace? The option to have vivid colors and then more accurate ones than the iphone or HTC1 in movie mode makes it the better screen. More accurate whites, deeper blacks, and also a significantly larger screen in a smaller, lighter, body that is more comfortable to hold in your hand.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Nothing like alleged adults arguing like kids over a phone. Just reading some of these threads makes me appreciate my children who act like adults.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

You sir win post of the day. Not sure why we can't all get along. More competition especially between android devices is a benefit to us as consumers. Samsung may need a little push now to innovate with their design just as apple is getting a push to innovate its software from Samsung and others. Not only would there be less innovation if we all bought just one phone but things sure would be boring as hell if we didn't all like different things.

In the end both are great devices. There are a few things I like better about the S4 but I decided on the One based on other things that may have been more of a priority *for me*. Why can't we all just be happy that these are two of the best Android devices we have seen and that we are able to make a choice between the two?

Last edited:

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know know. Put a different device that also runs ios, let it gain traction and we'll see if bashing takes place between ios products.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Saving grace? The option to have vivid colors and then more accurate ones than the iphone or HTC1 in movie mode makes it the better screen. More accurate whites, deeper blacks, and also a significantly larger screen in a smaller, lighter, body that is more comfortable to hold in your hand.

Not really. It would be a better screen if it actually came calibrated properly out of the box instead of having to have different modes to accomplish it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo