Best Buy won't have S4 in stock for walk in buys till June 5th

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Talked to someone @ my local Best Buy yesterday in Indianapolis, IN and they told me that they don't plan on having any S4's in for purchase till June 5th. I know shame on me for not preording my phone but I really was torn between the One and S4. Just curious has anyone else heard similar dates for the phone or did I talk to someone that just wanted to get me off the phone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If no 32gb is released, no harm no foul for me, since I have less than 4gb free in my 32gb S3. The bloat hogged 9.6gb is too low for me in the 16gb version.

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a funny story about something similar that happened to my wife and I when she was getting her S3. We walked into BB to purchase the phone since they had it for 149.99 and Sprint had it for 199.99 and was told we would have to be put on a list that they didn't have any for walk in customers. I asked when they would be getting them in and the rep had no clue. So I paid 50.00 to get the gift card and my wife and I left the store. We didn't even get to our car and I received an email from BB stating that my order was ready for pick up. We went back in and walked back out with the GS3. I just think it's funny how these retailers work or are forced to work it makes no sense to me. Now i'm not saying this will be your case but it happened to my wife and I and just thought I would share.

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Walked into AT&T on Sat and picked up one - did not have a preorder.
Was holding out for the 32 but I caved in and got the 16
It seems like it's going to be plenty big for me with the 64gb sd card

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine, but while I was picking mine up at the local BB Mobile this past Friday, a guy walked in and asked if they had the S4 in stock, (they did), he sat down and bought one.

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I may just have to walk in and see what happens. I know they are having a shortage of the phone due to manufacturing issues but June 5th seemed a little on the crazy side to me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a funny story about something similar that happened to my wife and I when she was getting her S3. We walked into BB to purchase the phone since they had it for 149.99 and Sprint had it for 199.99 and was told we would have to be put on a list that they didn't have any for walk in customers. I asked when they would be getting them in and the rep had no clue. So I paid 50.00 to get the gift card and my wife and I left the store. We didn't even get to our car and I received an email from BB stating that my order was ready for pick up. We went back in and walked back out with the GS3. I just think it's funny how these retailers work or are forced to work it makes no sense to me. Now i'm not saying this will be your case but it happened to my wife and I and just thought I would share.

I think you got ripped off if you paid $150 for a gs3. I got my note 2 from best buy for $37.now, if it was a gs4,then that would be another story

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Walked into AT&T on Sat and picked up one - did not have a preorder.
Was holding out for the 32 but I caved in and got the 16
It seems like it's going to be plenty big for me with the 64gb sd card

I am resisting temptation on getting a 16GB, I just know I won't be happy and would only end up selling it foe a 32GB or a GN3 later on. So I am holding firm on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze