Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 06:23 PM
    What is the animator thing do in developer options? I set it to. 5

Yes or 0...
    04-29-2013 06:23 PM
    What is the animator thing do in developer options? I set it to. 5

Turn all 3 off. It's the speed in which the animation performs. If you turn it to 10x you'll see exactly how the animations work, but your phone will feel like mud. Turning them off helps. Samsung should go back and fix the animations so that it isn't necessary, but this should help for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    04-29-2013 06:26 PM
    Turn all 3 off. It's the speed in which the animation performs. If you turn it to 10x you'll see exactly how the animations work, but your phone will feel like mud. Turning them off helps. Samsung should go back and fix the animations so that it isn't necessary, but this should help for now.

Ok. Turning all three off.
    04-29-2013 06:30 PM
    I read a review that said that they only noticed lag when they had the eye tracking and air gestures on and that it was noticeably better when those features were disabled.
    I'm curious about this too. How much worse (if at all) does the phone lag when these things are on?
    04-29-2013 06:35 PM
    You seem to be in denial about something. People are reporting lag with stock Touchwiz apps while in the app. This is different than the animation trick. Scrolling through the Gallery or Messaging app should be butter smooth, but people are reporting that it's not. So basically, there's the problem that your posted solution solves, and then there's REAL lag, which will require a software update to cure most likely.

It isn't always ONE vs S4, sometimes it's just "I have a problem with my device" and those folks just want to know if others have the problem.

To everybody else. If you have an S4 and have this issue, then please post your response. If you don't have an S4, then do you really need to come in here and troll? Nope, didn't think so. If you have an S4 and AREN'T experiencing the lag in TouchWiz apps, then maybe you can offer assistance or more information so the root of the problem can be discovered (assuming it's not an inherent software flaw).
    One more thing regarding this. I didn't downplay the situation at all. In fact, I offered my advice and it seems to have helped at least one person so far. So because I offered up a way to fix this issue, or at the very least greatly help it, I'm in denial? As a moderator, you should appreciate that I've been active in trying to help on these issues so that people can enjoy their phones.

ztrawhcs likes this.
    04-29-2013 06:35 PM
    Far too much bloatware on this device really. It doesn't lag tremendously, but for a 1.9ghz quad core device there is definitely some noticeable lag when there shouldn't be. Hate all you want, but my iPhone 4 NEVER had any lag. I'm debating on returning this phone, and holding off for something better, but WOW the display is so AWESOME! That and the 9gb of available storage has me thinking twice about this device. I guess it is what it is, when you upgrade as often as I do.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-29-2013 08:09 PM
    It all comes down to the fact that with all these new sensors and features samsung should have designed the phone and software for it run smoothly with everything turned on.

If we have to turn everything off for it to be smooth whats the point of having the features.

Hopefully its a software thing
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-29-2013 08:13 PM
    Has anyone used a Note 2? I would guess that after an update this thing will run as smoothly as that. They know how to fix it.

04-29-2013 08:21 PM
    Has anyone used a Note 2? I would guess that after an update this thing will run as smoothly as that. They know how to fix it.

Most people don't understand that like most OS, they ate more like beta when phones first come out. It's not like the HTC One isn't riddled with bugs.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d
    04-29-2013 08:28 PM
    Most people don't understand that like most OS, they ate more like beta when phones first come out. It's not like the HTC One isn't riddled with bugs.

Exactly.

04-29-2013 08:34 PM

The HTC isn't riddled with bugs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 08:34 PM
    It all comes down to the fact that with all these new sensors and features samsung should have designed the phone and software for it run smoothly with everything turned on.

If we have to turn everything off for it to be smooth whats the point of having the features.

Hopefully its a software thing
    It seems to work the same with them all on or off. So I don't think that's the problem. It has to do with Touchwiz and it's animations. I have all animations turned off and it does move quicker. This is something that Samsung should have fixed out of the box. But there is hope that a software update can alleviate these issues. This phone is packed with power it's just Samsung didn't quite polish the OS enough.

04-29-2013 08:36 PM
    The HTC isn't riddled with bugs.

This is why I'm not too worried about your supposed "lag" on your S4. The One isn't riddled with bugs? Bluetooth audio issues, capacitive button issues, Beats Audio issues, etc. It's also had its moments of lag, but its minor, just like the S4. I'm sure there's other issues, as well.

04-29-2013 08:45 PM
    This is why I'm not too worried about your supposed "lag" on your S4. The One isn't riddled with bugs? Bluetooth audio issues, capacitive button issues, Beats Audio issues, etc. It's also had its moments of lag, but its minor, just like the S4. I'm sure there's other issues, as well.

Yes from owning both the S4 and the HTC One I can say the one has no lag compared to the S4, is always fast, its downfall comes in battery life and sound clipping from time to time, but the S4 feels as bad as the S3 I used to own, it is a little faster but nowhere near the S4
    04-29-2013 08:55 PM
    I am not an S4 owner but have owed many Samsung Galaxy devices. My last four; the international Note, ATT Note, S3 and Note 2, all on ATT, have been remarkably bug free out of the box. My Note 2 is fantastic with only minimal changes on updates. I am kinda lurking to see if the 32GB model drops since my upgrade is not till the first week in June. Not sure what to make of the 9 GB of usable space and the so called lag. Maybe they did put in too many bells and whistles for the S600 to handle but Samsung's QC is better than that. They have worked too hard to build the Galaxy brand.

I am sure they will get a handle on this and get an OTA with optimization and fixes out soon!
    04-29-2013 08:59 PM
    I am not an S4 owner but have owed many Samsung Galaxy devices. My last four; the international Note, ATT Note, S3 and Note 2, all on ATT, have been remarkably bug free out of the box. My Note 2 is fantastic with only minimal changes on updates. I am kinda lurking to see if the 32GB model drops since my upgrade is not till the first week in June. Not sure what to make of the less than 9 GB of usable space and the so called lag. Maybe they did put in too many bell and whistles for the S600 to handle but Samsung's QC is better than that. They have worked too hard to build the Galaxy brand.

I am sure they will get a handle on this and get an OTA with optimization and fixes out soon!
    Well that's the problem. It does need to be addressed, but its nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

04-29-2013 09:08 PM
    Well that's the problem. It does need to be addressed, but its nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

It's by no means a major issue, and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend the GS4 to anyone interested(already have). But there is some slight stutter(lag) when switching from page to page. Normally I'd say this is a nonissue but for a 2013 phone with a MASSIVE quad core processor with 2GB of ram, I along with many others are surprised to see this. The S3 was such a monumental leap forward from the S2, that it seems like the S4 is merely an evolution rather than a revolution. However I cannot get over how awesome the display is!!! The best display I have seen anywhere ever! This bests my retina iPad by far. This reason, along with the reputation Samsung has makes this device an obvious winner.
    04-29-2013 09:15 PM
    It's by no means a major issue, and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend the GS4 to anyone interested(already have). But there is some slight stutter(lag) when switching from page to page. Normally I'd say this is a nonissue but for a 2013 phone with a MASSIVE quad core processor with 2GB of ram, I along with many others are surprised to see this.
    They had the same issue with the GS3. They're very committed to Touchwiz and its animations, but tend to release the software a little janky. That's why I referenced the Note 2 earlier. It shows they can fix the issue.

04-29-2013 09:21 PM
    They had the same issue with the GS3. They're very committed to Touchwiz and its animations, but tend to release the software a little janky. That's why I referenced the Note 2 earlier. It shows they can fix the issue.

Not going to lie, and say my GS4 is super buggy, but I don't remember having too much lag with my GS3, and I was an early adopter too. It's not a deal breaker, but kind of a let down for a flagship phone of 2013.
    04-29-2013 09:25 PM
    I was playing with an S4 today, to make the final determination on whether I was returning my One to get the SGS4 or if I was going to order a case for my One. I did notice some lag. Not super bad, but it was there. Some things just didn't feel "instant".
    XChrisX likes this.
    04-29-2013 09:26 PM
    Not going to lie, and say my GS4 is super buggy, but I don't remember having too much lag with my GS3, and I was an early adopter too. It's not a deal breaker, but kind of a let down for a flagship phone of 2013.
    I'm guessing it won't be long before it's fixed. With so many people noticing it, I'm sure it's something they're working on. Could be worse; could be buttons not working or faulty hardware.

04-29-2013 09:28 PM
    I just came from an iPhone 5 so it is a little disappointing but I am enjoying the screen and hardware build quality. Widgets and Nva are fun to play with.

Anyone try using another SMS app and see any difference?
    04-29-2013 09:30 PM
    I just came from an iPhone 5 so it is a little disappointing but I am enjoying the screen and hardware build quality. Widgets and Nva are fun to play with.

Anyone try using another SMS app and see any difference?
    Can't replicate the SMS issue. I'm glad this is all software stuff that's not particularly difficult to fix, though.

04-29-2013 09:34 PM
    SMH..how pathetic that it seems that Samsung still hasn't gotten its act together. I have a gn2 and this thing lags like crazy especially when trying to wake the phone up. This will be my last Samsung as it seems as if they are putting all of their muscle into gimmicky perks instead of an optimized users experience.
    04-29-2013 09:38 PM
164 12345 ...