04-30-2013 03:52 PM
164 ... 567
tools
    Maybe I'll try that one. I was using the swype I bought from the play store. I only bought it and used it over the preinstalled because I could change the theme and color of the keyboard as I don't like the standard one as much.
    The pre-installed Swype is best I've used. I really like the dedicated mic key that SwiftKey doesnt have. Swype makes one-handing it easy.
    04-30-2013 02:19 PM
    Post pics if you decide to do it.
    I will if the metal is thick enough and confident enough that my friend won't screw up.

My phone is a good One!
    04-30-2013 02:22 PM
    I love my phone and I'll be the first to admit that there is stuttering from time to time and it sucks. Especially when texting and the keyboard can't keep up. I'm still keeping it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Any other area with stutter? Have you tried the developer trick that Eric and I have been posting?

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d
    04-30-2013 02:22 PM
    I will if the metal is thick enough and confident enough that my friend won't screw up.

My phone is a good One!
    Be careful, the One is too sexy to mess with.
    04-30-2013 02:23 PM
    Apparently there was an update sent out a day or two ago to the unlocked Snapdragon 600 versions. I'm hoping that its a fix for the UI stuttering. I've tried forcing gpu rendering and that's made a pretty drastic difference. While I don't mind turning the animations off for now, forcing the GPU rendering makes me feel like I'm now doing their job for them.

Still optimistic it'll be fixed shortly, though.

I don't have the phone yet, is the GPU setting in the normal settings?

04-30-2013 02:24 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...upsetting.html

Right now, the One fanatics are trashing a poor guy whose decal fell off of his $600.00 smartphone, including poster(s) from this thread.
    I'd like to see a Death Match between them and the Crackberry fanatics. Now that would be entertaining.
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    04-30-2013 02:28 PM
    I don't have the phone yet, is the GPU setting in the normal settings?

No, the GPU setting is also in the developer settings.
    04-30-2013 02:43 PM
    No, the GPU setting is also in the developer settings.
    Thanks

04-30-2013 02:44 PM
    Kevin and I both discussed this outside of this thread and there's no issues here. We're all here to help try and figure out this situation.
    Kevin OQuinn and craZDude like this.
    04-30-2013 03:01 PM
    Any other area with stutter? Have you tried the developer trick that Eric and I have been posting?

I took it down to .5 I might try zero. Nothing big outside the keyboard. Just a few small transition lags. Nothing I'm to concerned about

04-30-2013 03:01 PM
    WOW....I just really wish you 2 would quit bickering back and forth....you have used up about 4 of the 7 pages in this thread fighting with each other about which phone is better and\or protecting your phone's feelings. I can't believe I had to sift through all of you guys back and forth finger pointing to try and get an opinion of the phone itself.

And...I can say...for someone who is supposed to be a moderator...I would think you would have not entertained the jabs that lured you into such a conversation and instead tried to facilitate a more healthy environment.
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    04-30-2013 03:03 PM
    WOW....I just really wish you 2 would quit bickering back and forth....you have used up about 4 of the 7 pages in this thread fighting with each other about which phone is better and\or protecting your phone's feelings. I can't believe I had to sift through all of you guys back and forth finger pointing to try and get an opinion of the phone itself.

And...I can say...for someone who is supposed to be a moderator...I would think you would have not entertained the jabs that lured you into such a conversation and instead tried to facilitate a more healthy environment.
    Kevin and I both discussed this outside of this thread and there's no issues here. We're all here to help try and figure out this situation.
    Make sure to read all posts mocko. He said they discussed it out of the thread and everything is good now.. No more worries and arguing. It will continue to happen till people calm down some more.. Happened with the S3. People just can't see a phone as pro and cons.. It's a flame war on who is right and wrong.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    04-30-2013 03:14 PM
    The point is you seem to be far more concerned over the lag issue, created by the AC review and not really noted anywhere else, than with the far more serious issues concerning the One, such as the capacative buttons, camera quality etc. By your "logic", since you have no issues on the One you aren't posting over one the One threads. Therefore, since you DONT OWN AN S4 you should be moderating here, rather than actively generating debate.
    I think we're going to call this one done. Look for a new thread soon with some good, solid information on this topic. Thanks for putting up with it everyone. It's appreciated. It did all get worked out, everyone is on the same page.

Thread closed.
    madlaw1071 and Johnly like this.
    04-30-2013 03:18 PM
    MORE DISCUSSION CAN BE HAD HERE
    Johnly likes this.
    04-30-2013 03:52 PM
164 ... 567