Samsung Galaxy S 4, Anyone else see lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I notice that when i unlock the device and that weather clock is refreshing everything slows down including when swiping between homescreens
i have lag.

I dont have allot of widgets. not much running.

It doesnt seem right that with a 1.9 ghz dual core and all that ram that there should ever be lag.

Seems like the Gs3 ran smoother.

I look at ram usage and the new touchwiz uses over a gig of ram just running.

I hope that there is going to be a software update soon.

Only thing i can think of is maybe android 4.2.2 doesnt even use all four cores.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Should have kept the HTC One. :p

Android Police reported the lag as well, it'll most likely be fixed in the next update. Samsung added a crapload of software features, so they probably haven't had the chance to optimize everything.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
There is lag on the S4. I notice it when flipping through the screens and sometimes when I wake the phone up, it takes a few more seconds for my widgets to all appear.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just because some people experience lag doesn't mean everyone who has an s4 will. You must remember that every phone is manufactured differently In various plants and countries. Their quality control measures are slightly different, which leads to a slight difference in parts thus ending in a slight difference in performance.

I hope that satisfies you guys who are experiencing lag, because yes the one is not invulnerable to it either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just because some people experience lag doesn't mean everyone who has an s4 will. You must remember that every phone is manufactured differently In various plants and countries. Their quality control measures are slightly different, which leads to a slight difference in parts thus ending in a slight difference in performance.

I hope that satisfies you guys who are experiencing lag, because yes the one is not invulnerable to it either.

I beg to differ! Haven't heard a single complaint about lag on the one! Keep spewing misinformation! Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

crbauhs

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
The lag I see is on the keyboard. Swiftkey. My GS3 would lag with the stock keyboard but not swiftkey, and now its backwards. And as much texting as I do, its already getting old.

Nonya76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed lag. To fix this, I've formed the habit of holding down the home button, going to recent apps, and swiping them away. Usually doubles the available RAM. Lag solved.

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
We shouldnt have to kill everything to stop lag though,
Especially cause android is supposed to do it automatically now.

Plus with 2gb of ram something is going on. I think Samsung should do to touchwiz what htc did to sense on the htc one. which is to scale it down.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I beg to differ! Haven't heard a single complaint about lag on the one! Keep spewing misinformation! Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't spewing anything, my information was not biased it is just my opinion that was formed after five years of owning smartphones, of all manufacturers, that is the single factor that remains consistent among them all. If you don't like it I ask that you keep your comments to yourself please.

You may not notice it right away, but trust me it will be there.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Plus with 2gb of ram something is going on. I think Samsung should do to touchwiz what htc did to sense on the htc one. which is to scale it down.

I agree with you, touchwiz is only becoming, what's the word here... Fatter that's it. Its much more obtrusive now then it was on the s3. To be frank I can't stand carrier skins at all and always run aosp. That way I don't have to worry about that ram issue.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. Touchwiz is almost ridiculously overbearing now. Bogging the phone down. With a 600 snapdragon this thing should be butter smooth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt