Plastic Covering Galaxy S4 Camera Lens?

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.

I received my AT&T Galaxy S4 on Friday and love it so far. Only problem I had with it is I've noticed that on the camera lens there seems to be a piece of plastic on it with a circular cutout for the "eye" of the camera (sorry don't know anything about camera lingo lol).

If I touch the camera lens it makes a sound like there is indeed a plastic piece on top it. I've removed the back cover and tried running my fingernail across the lens to see if I could get the plastic piece to come off but it seems to be part of the lens itself.

This wouldn't normally bother me except that there are two small piece of hair and some dust that have gotten underneath this plastic. Is this plastic removeable or is this the actual design of the camera lens?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

excusemeflox

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This thread made me realize there's plastic covering the camera! Yes, it is removable. Start on the outer edge and use your nail to lift it.

Pictures looked great before this...would never have even known it wasa there!

Juan Clyncke

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Great thanks for the info, but isn't it better to leave it on?
Because the camera is slightly elevated on the back, when you put your phone on the table
the lens is the critical point that would scratch in my opinion.

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Are we really supposed to be removing it? Or is it meant to stay on? When I bought my S4 at the ATT store I noticed it and asked them about it. The guy tried peeling it off and couldn't - so we assumed it was meant to stay on.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Great thanks for the info, but isn't it better to leave it on?
Because the camera is slightly elevated on the back, when you put your phone on the table
the lens is the critical point that would scratch in my opinion.

I doubt it is rated for high optical clarity. I'd take it off.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Are we really supposed to be removing it? Or is it meant to stay on? When I bought my S4 at the ATT store I noticed it and asked them about it. The guy tried peeling it off and couldn't - so we assumed it was meant to stay on.

yes its suppose to come off

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wanna no does it makes pics look better if not I'm keeping it on, the phone actually has tape all around it I took mines off the sides bottom and top

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I got mine off by removing the back cover and being a little rough with it. Just hooked a fingernail and got it off. I'm attaching a picture so you can see what it looks like.

20130429_140112.jpg

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol... really people? It isn't that hard to remove... just use tape... it sticks to the tape and comes off easily

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this topic. 20 minutes ago I was fuming because of how disgusting the camera looked to do all the link and dirt getting under the plastic part just from being in my pocket. Ripped it right off and now my phone's looking sexy again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800