Plastic Covering Galaxy S4 Camera Lens?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people want to remove this sticker so

If you notice, there's a hole in the center of it so it isn't actually covering the area of the lens, so plastic shouldn't be in the way of a good picture

ANDROIDandIOSuser

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is a cutout for the lens.. but.... I noticed when takin photo's into the sun or bright glare
it stopped some reflection that was bouncing onto the lens off the plastic
and the dust or stuff frm my pocket under it was frustrating for me and it can also leave marks on the phone if it gets baked on..as well as the plastic round the sides.. the Sview cover actually let's the lens sit just under flush so wouldn't get scratched on a table for instance

deadstardro

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
BEFORE:
20130509_101213.jpg

AFTER:
20130509_105644.jpg

I know the first photo is a bit blurry from shake, but you can also see how it's a little more cloudy than the photo I took without the plastic. It may be affecting how the light reflects off the lens.

G406

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh maan I never that it would make a difference and wanted to keep it on.
But after seeing the pics taken before and after, I agree that it makes a difference.

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130509_134103.jpg
    20130509_134103.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 575
  • 20130509_134318.jpg
    20130509_134318.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 573

Christiana Johnson

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually just contacted Samsung Customer Service and they said that this plastic piece is indeed meant to be removable and is placed there to protect but that by other means can be protected if the sticker is removed. It is not meant to aid the camera lens. Personally I have had my phone since Saturday and there was a piece of dog hair that got caught underneath and was blocking part of the lens. I would remove it and use a case if you are afraid of it getting scratched. The case will remove more of the risk. Hope that helps anyone with the same question I had.:)

BattleShip10

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Great thanks for the info, but isn't it better to leave it on?
Because the camera is slightly elevated on the back, when you put your phone on the table
the lens is the critical point that would scratch in my opinion.
Buy a decent case for it and the lens will be below the surface so it won't touch a table top. I did and it's perfect.

Lordrill

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks god it got off after trying for 2 weeks! It was that easy just take some tape to a conert and rip it out no problem! Finely!

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people want to remove this sticker so

If you notice, there's a hole in the center of it so it isn't actually covering the area of the lens, so plastic shouldn't be in the way of a good picture
I can only imagine the people over at Samsung..."These guys want to know what to do with the plastic on the lens" :D
46025468.png

Thomas Ebdrup

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for creating this thread :)

I also was looking at the back of the phone and was wondering how fast the camera lens looked dirty... and so I found this thread and now it all makes sense ;o)

Have a great weekend

hop2000

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad I found this thread after doing a search. I've had my S4 for three days now and just rubbed my finger across the back of the lens this morning. Noticed it was already scratched and had some dust under it. I said to myself, what is this cheap looking crap? Came off easily with the battery cover off. I figured it was a protective piece, but it was hard to tell and didn't want to start tearing at my brand new phone. ;)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I see two possible outcomes. Either it's covering up something important or it isn't. If it isn't, then there's no problem removing it. If it is then your picture quality will quickly degrade as the plastic gets scratched up. So there's no reason to keep it on and a possible reason to remove it.

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just removed mine using my fingernail in a few seconds. Quality of picture I think is better. At first look there won't be much difference but looking closely there is. You can see the details more or it's not clouded like they mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles