Air View/Gesture/Screen bug, or defective phone.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
2 reasons why they probably don't work.

1. The feature is not turned on in settings. You have to go in settings and turn it on for the specific thing you want to do. To do this, pull down the notification menu and HOLD "smart screen" or "smart stay", etc.
2. You're not using the Samsung app associated with it.

I do agree -- I hate these finicky features. But I just stopped using them because they're only supported by Samsung apps.
Biggest thing to see if it is working: check the icon on the notifications bar. Is it there? With smart stay, you'll see an eye -- for example.

rataplanroy01

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same thing....using GMail.
I then tried "Email" and it works!

Hi,
I had the same thing, for me it was missed it that caused the air view not to work anymore in the standard email app.
When you want missed it to monitor notifications of other programs it asks you for access in the accessibility options menu, when this is turned on, the air view is not able to give a preview of the message in the email app and shows a small square and a triangle.
Disabling missed it in the options menu gives me back the preview in the email app when using air view.
I had to do a hard reset and install all my apps one by one to figure out which one was causing this behavior.
Thought I'd give you the heads up and save you the trouble of a hard reset :)

trenton_5

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I found another app to have a compatibility issue with Air View also. It was Light Flow Light.

The symptoms were as follows:

Air View was working fine with all of the advertised and compatible applications, but later when trying to use it in the native email app, the preview box was shown as a tiny little empty box
uALYsKb.png
. It continued to work on all of the other associated apps.

After turning off Light Flow in the Accessibility menu, everything was back to normal.

Good luck to those of you having issues.

kavita802

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having terrible issues with my galaxy s4 it?s annoying me so bad that I want to switch back to Iphone. I hope someone can help me.
Major problem number is that my phone zooms in everywhere: on apps, the home screen, even the keyboard which is very annoying when texting. When it zooms on the keyboard and I am typing wrong information is typed. Then I have to backspace and the phone would freeze excessively so I have to wait a few seconds to type again. Sometimes when I backspace everything is wiped out and I have to start all over again. When phone is in the ridiculous zoom mode there is a blue glow border around the screen. Also, I have installed the 3D home app on my phone since I purchase the phone, so I never use the phone without the app.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
My Air View has a bug in it where it freaks out thinking my finger is there when it's not so it freaks out jumping from one thing to the other. I think it's only happened in the messaging app

f1usgp

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Which tip worked?

My Air Gesture only turns on when I am using the internet. Otherwise it does nothing with no notification in the bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox