Galaxy S4: How to turn developer mode off

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to turn developer mode off

I don't really like it because after that I have to re install all my stuff back, and it isn't just a little bit! :banghead:

But sometimes you have to do a factory reset. :)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

I totally agree. I have done the factory reset and now the problem is fixed. I have been adding my apps back all day lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I totally agree. I have done the factory reset and now the problem is fixed. I have been adding my apps back all day lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

Yup, that's what I hate about a factory reset! Have to redo everything again! :banghead:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Unis Elahi

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

For lock screen you should go to settings>more>application manager and then click option button and click reset app preferences

Your screen will be unlocked

Fri 13

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At least with 4.3 (don't know for earlier android versions) you can disable developer mode first turning it off with its slider in developer settings AND then dragging settings application from app launcher to top of desktop to easily access its information (same as settings > applications > all > settings app) and then clearing its cache and settings.

It will warn you will lose all accounts etc. But at least mine were intact and even every setting what I had previously set.

So no need to do factory reset etc.

I was searching a this information since Android 2.3 until today I accidentally got idea to try it by this way as I didn't mean to activate developer mode :rolleyes:

ashleybaby26

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I have tried this but when I go into the settings button on the all applications, clear data is greyed out. And clearing only the cache doesnt remove developer options. Do you have any idea how to activate the clear data button or any other way to remove developer options without hard resetting?

Tonto444999

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

You don't need a factory reset to hide the developer options. To hide the developer options, do this:
Settings > Apps > All > Settings > Clear data
Developer options should be hidden now unless you tap Build number 7 times again.
I have a Motorola Droid Mini in case you're wondering.

Last edited:

Vikram Singh11

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Go to your android settings.Find 'apps' option. Here all the apps are shown. click on All tab which show all apps( system and downloaded). Here find 'settings'. click on it and then click on clear data. It will give a warning message. Click on OK. that's it. Your developer mode will be gone from Settings.

-Vicky

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to your android settings.Find 'apps' option. Here all the apps are shown. click on All tab which show all apps( system and downloaded). Here find 'settings'. click on it and then click on clear data. It will give a warning message. Click on OK. that's it. Your developer mode will be gone from Settings.

-Vicky

I tried doing this but the clear data button is grayed out and I can't clear it. I have a galaxy note 3 running 4.4.2. Thanks.

judeatandroid

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't have the ON " in blue & white on top right of the screen on my Galaxy S4

How can I turn it off?

In order to hide the developer options, go to settings---manage applications-----tap on settings app----tap on clear data. That should do it. You're welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tfensir hakim

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
hi
when you activate an exchange email adresse thos options are disabled ( swipe and patern) delete you echange account and u will be able to use them again

regards

W3Ads India

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Open Settings on your device.
Go to Applications
Then swipe the screen from right to left till you see the list of ALL apps.
Find the Settings app and open it.
Now tap the Clear data button.
Now go back to Settings. Developer options should not be visible there any more.

Enjoy!