Primary Shortcuts - cant seem to edit them. Any ideas?

SimonZed

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I am a first time android user having bought an S4 yesterday. The move from Apple hasnt been too frustrating in terms of set up and getting used to the phone. Am now (2 days in) starting to really enjoy the Android and Samsung experience!!:)

Question though if I may gang, I have spent hours on the net looking for information on how to move/edit the 4 primary shortcuts at the bottom of the homescreens (ie the Phone Icon, Contacts Icon, Messaging Icon and Internet Icon.)

Long story short I have found some information on the net, and I have downloaded Samsung manual for help, but there seems to be a button missing from my phone when I go into the lock screen menu and I when I put my finger on the apps to move them nothing happens (ie the manual says at page 42 that you can press on them and then drag them to another screen and then insert a new app into the space created.)

One bit of information I saw on the net seemed to suggest that this feature was not available depending on my carrier?!

Anyway I have spent more time looking for the answer to this question than I spent setting up the phone so any assistance would be most welcome and appreciated!!

THANKS
Simon

SimonZed

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
FYI - I found a sly dog work around and just downloaded Go Launcher EX which allowed me to customise whatever I wanted. So its all good... loving the Android experience all the more now!

Coldeskimo

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here. BTW have downloaded Go launcher but would prefer to understand the Samsung version first. I also cannot locate the shortcuts option in the 'lock screen" menu that many sites are claiming is available??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol