What keyboard are YOU using?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
For the 1st time ever ive stuck with stock Samsung, find it incredibly easy and set up perfectly. Wbu?

Sent from my s4 (Lol Htc One users)

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ya...the lack of auto-correct kills the Samsung keyboard for me. Other than that missing, critical feature, I quite like it.

I've tried a ton of different keyboards but I keep going back to Swiftkey myself.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
using the pre-installed Swype and loving it. It's dead balls on accurate and I really appreciate the dedicated mic button for dictation.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey. There is no substitute. The only thing the stock Samsung has over it is the dedicated number row.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There's got to be a setting somewhere to turn on auto-correct. That's what Swiftkey is famous for, and I can't imagine Samsung would have use the Swiftkey engine without getting the auto-correct feature.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
There's got to be a setting somewhere to turn on auto-correct. That's what Swiftkey is famous for, and I can't imagine Samsung would have use the Swiftkey engine without getting the auto-correct feature.

Other threads are saying that Apple blocked Samsung from using autocorrect. So, the Swiftkey version that comes with the S4 will not autocorrect. However, the Swiftkey you can buy at the Playstore does autocorrect. Its the first app I install on my phones. Well worth the $ IMO.

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Other threads are saying that Apple blocked Samsung from using autocorrect. So, the Swiftkey version that comes with the S4 will not autocorrect. However, the Swiftkey you can buy at the Playstore does autocorrect. Its the first app I install on my phones. Well worth the $ IMO.

I just don't get how Samsung cannot use auto-correct but every other keyboard out there can...makes no sense to me.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock keyboard especially how the top has easy access to the number and the SwiftKey engine is great but I have to stick with my SwiftKey 3 from the play store. I need auto correct and stock doesn't offer it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get how Samsung cannot use auto-correct but every other keyboard out there can...makes no sense to me.

Not true. HTC and LG stock keyboards also don't auto correct. Although I believe AOSP stock keyboard does it just fine.

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Not true. HTC and LG stock keyboards also don't auto correct. Although I believe AOSP stock keyboard does it just fine.

Not true. I've used both the LG Optimus G and the HTC One and both stock keyboards autocorrected.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Not true. I've used both the LG Optimus G and the HTC One and both stock keyboards autocorrected.

You sure about that? I just came from the One to an S4(don't ask why) and the HTC One didn't auto correct. I even tested it. LG not so sure about, I just asked a friend about it with a G and that's what he told me.

CreeperCode

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
You sure about that? I just came from the One to an S4(don't ask why) and the HTC One didn't auto correct. I even tested it. LG not so sure about, I just asked a friend about it with a G and that's what he told me.

I came from a One to the S4 also lol. It definitely auto-corrected. I don't think it was a setting I had to turn on either. I really liked the stock keyboard on the One too.

I would have known if it didn't auto-correct because the S4 doesn't and it's nigh unusable for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar