Thought i'd throw in my .02 here.

Where I am coming from - I was on an ATT Inspire 4G for about 3 years - 14 months of that was in a rooted condition with Cyanogenmod 7.2. I loved every minute I used Cyanogenmod. I loved using IPCOP to set up an OPENVPN server and having built in support for it in the OS. I loved the degree of tweakability!

Having said that - All good things gotta come to an end and it's the same with the wildwood weed....err my rooted 3 year old phone. It was showing its age and frankly I wanted a change. Still got nuthin' but love for HTC - the Inspire was a great phone for me.

Having never owned a Samsung phone I decided to explore. Got mine Saturday at 9 AM at the local ATT store. First one sold - only black one in stock.

I've been using it for 3 days now.
    No crashes.
    No laggyness.
    Battery life seems very good (although I had an Anker battery in the Inspire that was like a camel).
    Display is positively decadent!
    Fits perfectly in my iGrip - gets me to work using Waze no porblem - no crashes like on the I4G
    Loaded it up with my usual paid apps - im+ pro, Doggcatcher, Subsonic/Ultrasonic and it's been a rock.

Very happy.

Does not feel cheap at all.

Not...one...bit.

I love HTC phones and would be using an HTC One now if they would have put in a removable battery and an SD slot. Gotta have 'em.

Anyhow. There's my feedback.
    04-30-2013 09:40 AM
    Oh, I'll add that the Bluetooth hands-free and AD2P stereo works FLAWLESSLY in my 2012 Civic EX and sounds GREAT.
    04-30-2013 09:55 AM