07-20-2013 09:17 PM
129 ... 3456
tools
    UPDATE: Got my replacement today which was a brand new phone out of the back of the store. They let me keep my old box and battery so ive got spares of everything!
    Cynthia Guerrero likes this.
    05-14-2013 03:34 PM
    My coworker dropped my first S4. May from about 2 feet off the floor on some thin carpet. Didn't look like it tumbled too hard but after waking it up it had a thin purple line going from top to bottom of the screen. AT&T swapped it out no problems. They didn't ask what happened and there were no physical marks, so don't ask, don't tell LOL. The guy was like "ooh never seen that before.... let me get you another one".
    05-14-2013 03:54 PM
    So last night, I placed my 3 day old S4 on the desk. Came back after few minutes and tried to turn it on and saw a flash on the screen and then boom!...most of the screen was black and at the top I would see some dead pixels. (no one else had touched the phone). I was like what the hell happened to it as I didn't drop it or anything. Took it back to t-mobile (i didn't have insurance). The rep looked at it and saw the screen had hair line thin crack at the very top of the screen. I was so surprised to see that since I had not drop my phone or even throw it at the desk etc, just regular use and changing sim card, taking out battery few times. Anyways, I had to buy the insurance and they replaced my phone with a new one. I have ordered the cover for it and screen but now I am worried to even touch the freaking phone. Is the screen on S4 so fragile??. I mean I have my iPhone 4 and I even accidently dropped it multiple times but nothing happend. That was just bizarre.
    06-04-2013 05:44 PM
    ^^ sounds fishy to me. Was it the screen cover(gorilla glass) or the actual screen board?(under the glass) either way just sounds like a freak manufacturing defect

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    06-04-2013 05:59 PM
    If it's a Sprint phone, you have 30 days to put insurance on it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    06-04-2013 06:04 PM
    ^^ sounds fishy to me. Was it the screen cover(gorilla glass) or the actual screen board?(under the glass) either way just sounds like a freak manufacturing defect

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    It looked like crack on the glass but who knows...I have seen much worse cracked glass phones still showing the screen. The t-mobile rep said it was my fault and so its not covered under warranty but since I switched to them just 3 days back they will give me a new phone but have to signup for insurance for 6 months at least. Come to think of it now, this must be a manufacturing issue as the crack was really thin and insignificant. I was just surprised the screen is so delicate on this phone that for some reason it cracked when I never even dropped the phone.
    06-04-2013 06:42 PM
    Hi. I literally just did the same thing with no case from like 5 feet onto a tile floor screen down! i screamed i just dropped my phone and needless to say i was afraid to pick it up. My 6 year old picked it up and said its not broken. Thank you jesus.
    cessperience and jayzee like this.
    06-06-2013 11:46 PM
    I just dropped mine too while taking it out of my pocket. Good thing I got a Neo Hybrid case on it. I'm glad it's still working ok because I bought the phone full payment, without a plan, unlocked, so if I break it, I don't think I can still have it replaced.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-07-2013 06:39 AM
    I have carrier insurance on my phone and my daughter's phone. $6.99/mo each but I like the piece of mind that it buys me. Its not that hard to come up with $199 deductible. $700 would be a different story! Ouch!
    06-07-2013 05:00 PM
    Gee, what a neat honest idea!
    06-07-2013 05:27 PM
    Yeah i didnt get any insurance because ive never dropped a phone before. Do you think bestbuy would take it back?
    And this is why everyone should have insurance because you never know what will happen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    06-07-2013 06:40 PM
    I emailed Samsung customer care to inquire how much to replace a broken LCD. I just wanna be ready in case I drop and break it. Approximate cost is S$280 (US$230). Approximate only because they advised to bring the phone down to the service center for assessment and an actual quotation will be provided.

06-09-2013 05:45 AM
    I destroyed a screen on my S3 and sent it back to Samsung for repair. It was $125 for repair.

06-09-2013 06:46 AM
    The exact same happened to me I have never broke a phone before and it had leather case on too, luckily I had insurance with bank defo must be super sensitive lcd modules .
    06-15-2013 03:59 PM
    I had the identical thing happen, even filed a claim in Asurion then after the pain of giving up my cc authorization for$175, I called Tmobile who transferred me directly to Samsung... After 20 min ib asked to be escalated, they sent mea UPS o overnight label, and ate paying for the screen. I rejected the New Asurion phone so I'll get back my money on that. I did do a warranty exchange soi am using this phone now, New handset only... When Samsung in Plano Tx mails my phone back I'll send that phone to Tmobile and the whole ordeal is a lesson to always torture the manufacturer if you feel you are in the right.

It pays to complain!
    06-24-2013 09:33 PM
    Unfortunately, I dropped my month old new S4 and it cracked the screen. I purchased a Squaretrade warranty the day I bought it and filed a claim. I could not have been happier I did. I paid the deductible ($99), but since they had to wait on parts and it took more than 5 business days to repair and return it (it actually took 12 business days, but I had my S3 to keep me mobile until it was repaired) they refunded my deductible and I got my newly repaired phone back today and it looks and works just like it did before I was a klutz and dropped it. I would highly recommend Squaretrade to anyone. It was well worth the $5.95 I pay a month for the next two years. Their service was very courteous and they kept me informed all the way through the process.
    06-25-2013 12:35 AM
    I dropped my computer, actually knocked it off my nightstand, and it hit hard on my hardwood floor. The screen shows no clear crack, but now has a full screen of blueish and pinkish streaks in the background. Although, on my Google screen it shows perfect, only when a site opens does it show the damage screen. This page here shows perfect, however if I drag it down a little, the crazy screen is right behind it. Can a screen be shocked, and not really broken? and if so, is there any way to repair, besides replacing? Thanks for any help.
    07-03-2013 10:55 PM
    Do you have insurance on your phone that may be the only way to fix it. Or google where to fix cracked Galaxy screens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-04-2013 10:11 AM
    07-16-2013 08:13 PM
    Maybe Squaretrade accidental coverage? I got it for my laptop and activated it about a week after I got the laptop.

Amazon.com: 2-Year Smartphone Accident Protection Plan (Above $400): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Getting insurance to cover an accident after the fact is dishonest and could possibly be prosecuted for insurance fraud. I agree that talking with BB isn't gonna do much good. Other than that the OP should own up to his mistake, learn from it and from now on if he wants insurance on his phone or anything else he should get it when it's purchased.

This is probably why BB has that policy to begin with.

Didn't your parents teach you any better....
    chubb likes this.
    07-16-2013 08:37 PM
    I thank you all for your condolences for this tragic loss haha. I wound up getting insurance through square trade. I'll keep y'all updated to see how it works.
    I wish we had a "Strong Dislike" button.

I have never dealt with Square Trade but I would have to assume that somewhere you had to state in some way or another the device is/was in working order at the time of signing up for that insurance.
    chubb likes this.
    07-16-2013 08:40 PM
    Wish you could buy insurance for broken integrity.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AC Forums mobile app
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-16-2013 08:50 PM
    Yeah but u don't tell them u drop it. Cause that phone goes to rma and new or refurbished unit comes from them .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    And people wonder why phones cost so much...
    07-16-2013 08:51 PM
    Even if the agent said "Don't worry about it, we do it all the time", that doesn't make it right. That employee just stole from his/her employer, it doesn't matter if he's covered by paper work, or by fudging with policies.

But hey enjoy your new phone....
    chubb and Aquila like this.
    07-16-2013 09:08 PM
    Even if the agent said "Don't worry about it, we do it all the time", that doesn't make it right. That employee just stole from his/her employer, it doesn't matter if he's covered by paper work, or by fudging with policies.

But hey enjoy your new phone....
    Exactly, +1, +1000000000000000! And we all wonder why insurance coverage for everything cost so g** da** much! Entitlement mentality will kill this whole world soon enough!
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-19-2013 06:57 PM
129 ... 3456