07-20-2013 09:17 PM
129 ... 456
tools
    I dropped my new S4 straight up such that it landed on the bottom edge on hard tiled surface and now the screen is not able to turn back on and I see some dead greenish pixels on the top surface if I press the side power button. So I guess LCD is broken. With no insurance on any ideas how to get it repair and how much is the cost?
    07-20-2013 12:30 PM
    Not sure about other types of plans but with square trade I had to certify the phone was in good working order when signing up. I got it for my Note 2 since I paid almost $700 for it. I had a 100 gift card for Amazon, so I bought it from there. I did not for my Nexus 4 because it is a bit less at 400. Some people think it is not worth it but I felt better about having it.
    Does anyone read agreements now a days? If you see the agreements for Insurance plans on phones ALL OF THEM STATE that by buying the insurance you are saying the phone has not been previously damaged and is in working order with.

By purchasing the insurance, you are accepting their terms and under law ignorance is NOT an excuse to breach an agreement or contract.
    I can't believe how much fraudulent encouragement is given in this forum.

I applaud you OP for doing the right thing, however DON'T accept the insurance fraud option from the BB employee. Is your integrity really worth a bit of plastic, silicone, copper, PCV and some silver and gold plating?
    Edit: Never mind seems he opted for fraud.
    singjai likes this.
    07-20-2013 04:02 PM
    You have to get it at purchase

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Don't know if anyone said this yet. But I'd get insurance through my carrier...wait 30 days.. then call it in. I usually call mine in as stolen so I can still use the old one as a charger...if nothing else.
    But, I've been told by 2 different carriers (and more than just one rep) that you have to wait 30 days and then the insurer (Asurion in most cases in the States) will honor the policy.
    At least, they were gonna honor mine...but I didn't have the money...and then someone bought me a new one anyway.. (although I've never figured out why they did!)
    07-20-2013 07:53 PM
    Does anyone read agreements now a days? If you see the agreements for Insurance plans on phones ALL OF THEM STATE that by buying the insurance you are saying the phone has not been previously damaged and is in working order with.

By purchasing the insurance, you are accepting their terms and under law ignorance is NOT an excuse to breach an agreement or contract.
    I can't believe how much fraudulent encouragement is given in this forum.

I applaud you OP for doing the right thing, however DON'T accept the insurance fraud option from the BB employee. Is your integrity really worth a bit of plastic, silicone, copper, PCV and some silver and gold plating?
    Edit: Never mind seems he opted for fraud.
    Don't EVER commit insurance fraud 'cause they haven't been committing fraud on us, right? And the carriers are not overcharging us. And the phone makers aren't making billions by laughingly stating that we're getting a "deal" by paying $250 for "a $700 phone" that will end up being only $50 in 6 months.
    I respect one having a moral compass...but don't start believing that corporations are people like Republicans and most Democrats here in the U.S.A. seem to think. *sigh* Why do I have a feeling someone here is a corporate shill? Hmmm??
    07-20-2013 09:17 PM
129 ... 456