Dropped Galaxy s4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Well as the title suggests, i dropped my brand new galaxy s4. the screen didn't crack and there doesn't appear to be any damage to the outside of the phone but now there are a few hairline cracks below the glass and the phone displays a green hue over everything and it gets much worse when the keyboard is up. Is there any way to repair this? Any help would be appreciated. I'm so sick about the whole thing that I could scream. This is the first phone ive ever broken :'(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That sucks , so sorry that happened. I would just go use my insurance if you got any. Maybe you will get lucky and get a brand new one since it's so early since it was released they probably don't have already of CLNRs.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Drov

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there maybe a window of time to get insurance or does it need to be purchased right away? Maybe get insurance on it without telling them it is already broken and then put in a claim in a couple weeks?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there maybe a window of time to get insurance or does it need to be purchased right away? Maybe get insurance on it without telling them it is already broken and then put in a claim in a couple weeks?

You have to get it at purchase

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Go into the store and since ur phone shows no bodily damage, tell them it started doing this all of a sudden.....u have 30 days from getting a new phone to return it or exchange it....

Sorry to hear this :-(

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i didnt get any insurance because ive never dropped a phone before. Do you think bestbuy would take it back?
What carrier do you have? I know I bought a phone from walmart and Verizon let me throw insurance on it a week later. Step 1, walk into carrier. Step 2, say you want to put insurance on a line. Step 3, obtain such insurance. You may have to wait a month for it to kick in but it should work.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well as the title suggests, i dropped my brand new galaxy s4. the screen didn't crack and there doesn't appear to be any damage to the outside of the phone but now there are a few hairline cracks below the glass and the phone displays a green hue over everything and it gets much worse when the keyboard is up. Is there any way to repair this? Any help would be appreciated. I'm so sick about the whole thing that I could scream. This is the first phone ive ever broken :'(

Should have put a case on it.

Use the insurance, if you don't have that, you are S. O. L.

common sense to get one or both, especially insurance since it protects against loss or theft (things beyond your control).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What carrier do you have? I know I bought a phone from walmart and Verizon let me throw insurance on it a week later. Step 1, walk into carrier. Step 2, say you want to put insurance on a line. Step 3, obtain such insurance. You may have to wait a month for it to kick in but it should work.

That's insurance fraud.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I thank you all for your condolences for this tragic loss haha. I wound up getting insurance through square trade. I'll keep y'all updated to see how it works. Just as a side note it did have a speck candy shell case on it and the fall was about 4 feet onto a tile floor.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I thank you all for your condolences for this tragic loss haha. I wound up getting insurance through square trade. I'll keep y'all updated to see how it works. Just as a side note it did have a speck candy shell case on it and the fall was about 4 feet onto a tile floor.

Really that's crazy I thought speck was good.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Really that's crazy I thought speck was good.

That's the crazy thing about these phones. As we argue build quality and durability it only takes 1 crazy weird fall and they can break.

Hope it works out for ya

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an old phone on the same carrier? If you do, here is what to do: go to your account and go to the section that says to add a different phone to your account (in other words, you are going to be replacing the phone you have with another one. In doing so, you are going to be asked to select a plan, insurance, and premium data. Once you do that, you add back your s4, replacing the other phone, and, again, select the plan, insurance, and data for your s4. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.