Dropped Galaxy s4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you elaborate more? I'm not sure what you mean.

Call your carrier and tell them your phone is messed up and not responding correctly most likely they will warranty it for you . They will ship the new phone first than u can ship your old one back. I do this all the time it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Call your carrier and tell them your phone is messed up and not responding correctly most likely they will warranty it for you . They will ship the new phone first than u can ship your old one back. I do this all the time it works.

With Verizon, they can charge you up to like $300 for a damaged phone, anything not defect

sent from Galaxy Note 2

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
With Verizon, they can charge you up to like $300 for a damaged phone, anything not defect

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Yeah but u don't tell them u drop it. Cause that phone goes to rma and new or refurbished unit comes from them .

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
They inspect it when they receive it and make their own opinion of what happened. And then you get a surprise charge on your bill. I was told this when the glue on my razr's screen was failing to hold. Luckily they agreed that it was a defect and I didn't get any charges

sent from Galaxy Note 2

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
They inspect it when they receive it and make their own opinion of what happened. And then you get a surprise charge on your bill. I was told this when the glue on my razr's screen was failing to hold. Luckily they agreed that it was a defect and I didn't get any charges

sent from Galaxy Note 2

I never got charged just saying try it or try some other method and you have 30 ti get insurance

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll try that. I'll take it back tomorrow and see if they are willing to listen. It shouldn't have broken inside a nice case from a little less than 4 feet. My naked all glass nexus 4 didn't event break from a fall like that. I don't like the idea of filing insurance fraud so I won't but I do wanna keep the insurance for when I get this repaired in case it happens again. The local repair shop quoted me $400 because the part is so hard to come by at this point. So at this point it looks like a have 3 options
1. Lie to the insurance company which I don't want to do
2. Lie to best buy and say that "it just started doing this"
3. Tell them the truth and say it shouldn't have broken from a fall like that and if they won't replace it, at least give me an option to repair it

I'm thinking option 3. Thoughts?

Three is the most ethical and honest way.
Option two isn't so bad and you don't have to tell them what happened. However most people don't want to work with you if they think you're trying to pull the wool over their eyes

Best Buy won't be able to fix it. I wouldn't want the Geek Squad working on my GS4 either. They will either replace it or say that they can't replace it because of abuse/neglect/dropping/etc.

It also doesn't matter that it was in a case or that it only fell a couple of feet. A phone can fall a couple of feet and shatter the screen if it hits in the worst spot possible. Unfortunately it happened to you in this case.

I wouldn't even want Geek Squad working on the ex wife's phone. :)

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
just do this. purchase insurance from a third party, you should have a certain time to purchase it. wait 1 or 2 weeks then make a claim, simple!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It sucks no doubt about that!! But I don't understand why so many people think it is ok to fraud somebody over something when it is your fault that the item was broken. I see it much more in this forum for phones than probably any other items. Just because it is a big company or an insurance company doesn't give you the right to screw them over because of something you did (I'm not talking to the OP, he seems to want to do the right thing).

For the OP, seeing you did have a case on it does that company provide any warranty and/or guarantee? Since their product was on the phone when it broke you should try getting with them, you never know. Good luck.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why are so many people in favor of trying to scam either the retailer or the OEM or the insurance carrier? How about, don't defraud anyone? The ONLY honest option is to either pay to have it repaired by Samsung or a 3rd party repair place or to purchase a new phone. You may be able to sell yours as is to someone else via craigslist, etc. but certainly don't lie about it.

It might be a good idea to print this thread out and take it to Best Buy so that they can be aware of the extend of their inability to help you with canned assistance and perhaps they can have someone refer you to a place within their organization that can offer more specific help for your area.

The decision to purchase or not to purchase insurance is a value proposition that includes some risk either way. If you have insurance and don't require it, or even only have to do one replacement, then you may often be losing money (assuming over the course of two years). If you do not have it and damage a device you have to buy a new one or pay for repairs yourself. If during the course of two years you have to replace it twice, obviously the insurance would have been the better value.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Txtuff and nothingistrue thanks for saying what needed said. I just can't believe so many people think nothing about right and wrong these days. Lack of morals these days is shocking, no wonder this country is the way it is. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore.

To the op I would either sell it and use that money towards a new one. Or get it fixed and take it as a lesson learned.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
oh please. they screw us over all the time by giving us crap signal and overpriced deals. They also overcharge for the phone and when it comes to helping us out they don't give a crap.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
And then you sign a contract with the network for lets say ?30 per month for 24 months then half way through that contract you signed they put the price up by 15% and you cant do anything about it!

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No one forced you to sign that contract or have a smartphone either.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
No one forced you to sign that contract or have a smartphone either.

no one forced me that's right, but I signed for a specific price as agreed. simple really.

to the OP, do what you believe is right, I know what i'd do

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
And then you sign a contract with the network for lets say ?30 per month for 24 months then half way through that contract you signed they put the price up by 15% and you cant do anything about it!

Be definition they cannot change the price of a contract at least not here in the US.

I saw this thread yesterday and did not comment. I feel for the OP. We all have times where we feel the victim, and sometimes by our own hand. The problem is this type of thinking just increases the cost for everyone. That this fine, some can most likely afford it, but many cannot. Then they come here and complain about the cost. The carrier gets their money it the insurance company getting defrauded. Some people have no moral compass that that is fine. Very seldom can you lie and cheat your way to prosperity.

If you can't go an buy another phone with ease, get insurance. If you cannot replace the screen with ease, get a screen protector. Just simple things can save us all headaches that can test our integrity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers