07-20-2013 09:17 PM
129 123 ...
tools
    Well as the title suggests, i dropped my brand new galaxy s4. the screen didn't crack and there doesn't appear to be any damage to the outside of the phone but now there are a few hairline cracks below the glass and the phone displays a green hue over everything and it gets much worse when the keyboard is up. Is there any way to repair this? Any help would be appreciated. I'm so sick about the whole thing that I could scream. This is the first phone ive ever broken
    04-30-2013 03:20 PM
    That sucks , so sorry that happened. I would just go use my insurance if you got any. Maybe you will get lucky and get a brand new one since it's so early since it was released they probably don't have already of CLNRs.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    04-30-2013 03:24 PM
    Yeah i didnt get any insurance because ive never dropped a phone before. Do you think bestbuy would take it back?
    04-30-2013 03:32 PM
    Nope
    04-30-2013 03:34 PM
    Thats what i was afraid of. So i guess im out of luck until replacement parts become availible. Any idea when that will be?
    04-30-2013 03:38 PM
    Thats what i was afraid of. So i guess im out of luck until replacement parts become availible. Any idea when that will be?
    Go in and talk to them. You have nothing to lose at this point.

04-30-2013 03:40 PM
    Is there maybe a window of time to get insurance or does it need to be purchased right away? Maybe get insurance on it without telling them it is already broken and then put in a claim in a couple weeks?
    Jennifer Vanegas likes this.
    04-30-2013 03:41 PM
    Is there maybe a window of time to get insurance or does it need to be purchased right away? Maybe get insurance on it without telling them it is already broken and then put in a claim in a couple weeks?
    You have to get it at purchase

04-30-2013 04:14 PM
    You have to get it at purchase

Maybe Squaretrade accidental coverage? I got it for my laptop and activated it about a week after I got the laptop.

Amazon.com: 2-Year Smartphone Accident Protection Plan (Above $400): Cell Phones & Accessories
    brianphrack likes this.
    04-30-2013 04:22 PM
    Go into the store and since ur phone shows no bodily damage, tell them it started doing this all of a sudden.....u have 30 days from getting a new phone to return it or exchange it....

Sorry to hear this :-(

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    mrsroboto likes this.
    04-30-2013 04:34 PM
    I know Sprint allows (or at least used to) you to get insurance within the first 15 days or so from purchase.

So very sorry.
    04-30-2013 04:39 PM
    Yeah i didnt get any insurance because ive never dropped a phone before. Do you think bestbuy would take it back?
    What carrier do you have? I know I bought a phone from walmart and Verizon let me throw insurance on it a week later. Step 1, walk into carrier. Step 2, say you want to put insurance on a line. Step 3, obtain such insurance. You may have to wait a month for it to kick in but it should work.
    04-30-2013 05:14 PM
    Well as the title suggests, i dropped my brand new galaxy s4. the screen didn't crack and there doesn't appear to be any damage to the outside of the phone but now there are a few hairline cracks below the glass and the phone displays a green hue over everything and it gets much worse when the keyboard is up. Is there any way to repair this? Any help would be appreciated. I'm so sick about the whole thing that I could scream. This is the first phone ive ever broken
    Should have put a case on it.

Use the insurance, if you don't have that, you are S. O. L.

common sense to get one or both, especially insurance since it protects against loss or theft (things beyond your control).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 and Live2ride883 like this.
    04-30-2013 05:17 PM
    What carrier do you have? I know I bought a phone from walmart and Verizon let me throw insurance on it a week later. Step 1, walk into carrier. Step 2, say you want to put insurance on a line. Step 3, obtain such insurance. You may have to wait a month for it to kick in but it should work.
    That's insurance fraud.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Mr.Willie, Wilbur, Aquila and 5 others like this.
    04-30-2013 05:18 PM
    That's insurance fraud.
    Technically not, if they allow you a window to decide if you want to purchase insurance or not. In this case, I think he does.
    BillyMichael92 likes this.
    04-30-2013 05:29 PM
    I thank you all for your condolences for this tragic loss haha. I wound up getting insurance through square trade. I'll keep y'all updated to see how it works. Just as a side note it did have a speck candy shell case on it and the fall was about 4 feet onto a tile floor.
    04-30-2013 05:58 PM
    I thank you all for your condolences for this tragic loss haha. I wound up getting insurance through square trade. I'll keep y'all updated to see how it works. Just as a side note it did have a speck candy shell case on it and the fall was about 4 feet onto a tile floor.
    Really that's crazy I thought speck was good.

04-30-2013 06:35 PM

I thought they were good too. I've always used them with no incident. Its a good thing I still have my nexus 4
    04-30-2013 06:49 PM

That's the crazy thing about these phones. As we argue build quality and durability it only takes 1 crazy weird fall and they can break.

Hope it works out for ya

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    04-30-2013 07:50 PM
    Do you have an old phone on the same carrier? If you do, here is what to do: go to your account and go to the section that says to add a different phone to your account (in other words, you are going to be replacing the phone you have with another one. In doing so, you are going to be asked to select a plan, insurance, and premium data. Once you do that, you add back your s4, replacing the other phone, and, again, select the plan, insurance, and data for your s4. Problem solved.
    04-30-2013 08:00 PM
    Technically not, if they allow you a window to decide if you want to purchase insurance or not. In this case, I think he does.
    Actually technically it is fraud. Even tho you can buy insurance a week later... it's under the premise that the phone is still in working order. So if you get insurance knowing that your phone wasn't working before you bought the insurance... you are being fraudulent.
    04-30-2013 08:10 PM
    Don't volunteer any information. This is what the phone looks like is that covered. If they decide it is your fault, so be it but don't tell them it was the result of... Who knows it could be a weakness in the phone was tested by the drop. I mean I have dropped many phones an never lost one but put the burden on them to tell you why it isn't working correctly.
    04-30-2013 08:12 PM
    Can't you return it it's within it's 14 days and they should replace it since its your first screen crack apple will replace one cracked screen device only once then after that the owner has to pay for repair.
    04-30-2013 08:15 PM
    Can't you return it it's within it's 14 days and they should replace it since its your first screen crack apple will replace one cracked screen device only once then after that the owner has to pay for repair.
    I took to to best buy and he said that since it appeared to be drop damage then it was unlikely that Samsung would replace it and that since I didn't have geek squad protection they couldn't replace it. I've already paid for insurance as stated above.
    Is there a better solution for this? I'm not trying to get a freebie I just want a phone that works.
    04-30-2013 08:25 PM
    Well, I hope it turns out well for the OP.

This thread has learned me something. When I get my S4 I am going to double case. Slim fit case, and then a case over that. It seems like it was shock that produce the crack, not a puncture.
    04-30-2013 08:26 PM
129 123 ...