Light Flow on the Galaxy S4 - working properly for you?

xfengx

May 13, 2013
Visit site
i have updated the lastest update.
However,when i turned off the accessibility for light flow so as to stop the "talking" function,my main apps like ,"whatsapp" n etc notifications dont work anymore. =(

atlprettygirl2145

May 28, 2013
Visit site
i have updated the lastest update.
However,when i turned off the accessibility for light flow so as to stop the "talking" function,my main apps like ,"whatsapp" n etc notifications dont work anymore. =(

If you have an app such as titanium backup you can freeze Samsung text speech engine and googles as well. That solved my problem

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

swithin

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Light Flow 3.8.0 is running on my Galaxy S3.
The LED blinks just fine, but is not terminated when I look at the text message, phone call, etc that it is notifying me about.

This only started with I decided to use FOLDERS on my application.
Once I started putting my application icons in Folders, my S3 would shout out every time I opened or closed any folder.
So I had to turn OFF the "Accessibility | Services | Light Flow Lite".
(The "Accessibility | Services | TalkBack" was already off.)
With the "Light Flow Lite" service off, then at least the "shout outs" stop, but the LED notifications do not terminate like the used to, before I started using Folders.

I did find one annoying fix...
I can open up Light Flow, and only then will the blinking stop.
So every time I get an LED notification, then I have to look at the message that the notification is about, and then open up Light Flow to get the blinking to stop.
Lots of extra clicking to terminate each notification.

Are there any other similar-but-better applications out there?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Light Flow 3.8.0 is running on my Galaxy S3.
The LED blinks just fine, but is not terminated when I look at the text message, phone call, etc that it is notifying me about.

This only started with I decided to use FOLDERS on my application.
Once I started putting my application icons in Folders, my S3 would shout out every time I opened or closed any folder.
So I had to turn OFF the "Accessibility | Services | Light Flow Lite".
(The "Accessibility | Services | TalkBack" was already off.)
With the "Light Flow Lite" service off, then at least the "shout outs" stop, but the LED notifications do not terminate like the used to, before I started using Folders.

I did find one annoying fix...
I can open up Light Flow, and only then will the blinking stop.
So every time I get an LED notification, then I have to look at the message that the notification is about, and then open up Light Flow to get the blinking to stop.
Lots of extra clicking to terminate each notification.

Are there any other similar-but-better applications out there?

this is a sgs4 thread...not sgs3

cyanfalcon

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4. The default notifications work fine. Missed Calls, Phone Signal etc....However when I try to add a contact I do the following. I press the smiley guy with the plus icon. I pick my contact. It says contact added. I check enable notification, I go to light. I change the color to the color I want for both SMS, MMS and Missed Call. But it never works. In the notification menu the colors actually appear on missed call and phone signal in the menu. On my settings LED Indicator only notifications is checked. In Accessiblity Light Flow Lite is on. Please Help. :-[

Last edited:

Frans De Klerk

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I am new to this site, and just to inform those who have got light flow to work. please tell me how.
Because mine does not work doesn't matter what i do..

Using Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.:'(

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope this helps someone...I'll offer my settings for 100% working Light Flow.

I am using an AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337...Light Flow has worked perfectly for me both stock rooted and with my current setup, running an international ROM Goldeneye 7.4.

SETTINGS (these options are enabled in my settings...anything not listed is NOT checked):
settings/my device/accessibility/services/Light Flow -> ON (it will not work if you don't turn this on in the phone's settings!)
-Enable Light Flow
-Root Mode
-Samsung Root Mode

Yes there are other things checked but these are the only ones that are actual settings for making it work.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have never gotten lightflow to work without that annoying talkback stuff. I don't blame the author of that software (who posts a trail version and urges you to try before buy) but I regret the purchase. I uninstalled and probably will not try again.

TechAddict

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty I'm tempted to uninstall Lightflow and even wipe the device and start again. It's a bit confusing with different places to set lights and sounds at the moment what with the main 'Sounds' setting, then the apps themselves and then within Lightflow also. At the moment I have a few apps not doing what they should and I can't figure what the culprit is. E.g.:

1) I have 3 email accounts. Each set (via the individual email settings pages) to get a notification, different sound but no light. In Lighflow none of the Email account are enabled for within the app. At the moment I get nothing for two accounts and on one, I get the dealt notification sound DESPITE the sound being set to a different sound in both the LF app and in the email settings? So, not sure what's causing the problem. Is it Lightflow because it's monitoring notifications but for these 3 emails notifications within LF are turned off? Or is it the device and it's own Mail settings? Even with setting up the app for email it's a bit confusing IMO, there's a general email tab then one for each of the accounts and it's not clear if just one or all should be enabled or whatever.

2) I have notifications in LF enabled for FB Messenger. There are two icons for FB messenger. One (I assume) for the stand alone messaging app and one for FB (the messaging tab). There are also settings under Facebook. I'm not sure of the exact cocktail to get this to work right but, despite having Blocking Mode on I had a FB notification come through at 3am which really made me happy!!

I like the concept of the app but am tempted to bin it merely to see if I can get the device working better without it and make the whole process of settings notifications less confusing. For seasoned users who know the ins and outs I'm sure it's fine. Trouble is, when it doesn't function as you'd expect its hard to fathom where to start to trouble shoot!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have tinkered around with several apps and had different levels of luck. I have always used Motorola phones in the past, but the last two Motorola's I had were just not good smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and although I am still testing, so far I am having very good luck with this app. I haven't tried colors like Orange or Yellow yet(had issues with this previously with other apps), but the biggest change I made that seems to really make a difference was to turn off all of the LED settings under my device. I also have had no talkback issues and am running with airview/airgesture/multiwindow all active. I am curious about directmode and a few other settings and will post back once I have tested further. So far though, this seems to be a great app. My phone is rooted and running 4.2.2 Android

bluedevil1976

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
OK....
I used to have the Galaxy Nexus from YEARS ago! Just got the S4 back in November 2013. I LOVED the Light Flow Lite app. I got it to work at one time, but now I can't figure out how to get it to work again. It was frustrating because the light would stay on, even after I cleared the notifications, so I uninstalled it. Tried it again, can't figure it out. I went to the settings and turned light flow on and off again, went to light flow notifications and followed all of those instructions and it said to make the missed call red, which I did...but mine didn't have a "test" option. I've tried rebooting and nothing. It's getting super frustrating!
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Melissa

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon