Very jealous

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Damn you Verizon i want my S4. Don't get me wrong I am happy for those of you on other carriers who have yours but i want mine. Is it the 30th yet :( sorry just needed to vent lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Seriously. I can't stay away from these forums and its just making it worse! I signed up for the Best Buy "promise you'll buy from us and we'll give you 50$" promo a while back so I'll be using them. Coming from my OG RAZR, I cannot WAIT for the screen and camera upgrade.... must .. look.. away....

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. I can't stay away from these forums and its just making it worse! I signed up for the Best Buy "promise you'll buy from us and we'll give you 50$" promo a while back so I'll be using them. Coming from my OG RAZR, I cannot WAIT for the screen and camera upgrade.... must .. look.. away....

Lol i know I've become a stalker :eek:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You may be better off getting it straight from Verizon when it releases. Best Buy has been crappy at having new devices in stock on release day.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn you Verizon i want my S4. Don't get me wrong I am happy for those of you on other carriers who have yours but i want mine. Is it the 30th yet :( sorry just needed to vent lol

I'm feeling your pain - I'm trying not to get my hopes up with Verizon and a 32gb version. If they don't release one, I may just stick with my S3 until I see what the Note 3 is all about.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm feeling your pain - I'm trying not to get my hopes up with Verizon and a 32gb version. If they don't release one, I may just stick with my S3 until I see what the Note 3 is all about.

It doesn't really bother me about only having 16GB. I don't use my phone as an mp3 player and I'm not a gamer so aside from ring tones, pics, videos, and the few apps i have, i have enough space. I know this isn't the case for everyone. I didn't think higher GB version phones didn't sell considering so many people want them

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
You may be better off getting it straight from Verizon when it releases. Best Buy has been crappy at having new devices in stock on release day.

Thank you Captain Buzz Kill! :p I can wait a few extra days to save the $50....you can actually use the $50 gift card on the purchase itself....and they'll do pre-orders I'm sure. But yeah, I'm just rationalizing a little.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

At least you have the S3. My phone loves restarting itself whenever it feels like it. In the middle of a call? Reboot. Perusing the forums? Reboot. Oh... did I just reboot? I'd better reboot.

FML.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Captain Buzz Kill! :p I can wait a few extra days to save the $50....you can actually use the $50 gift card on the purchase itself....and they'll do pre-orders I'm sure. But yeah, I'm just rationalizing a little.

Captain Buzz Kill....Lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
At least you have the S3. My phone loves restarting itself whenever it feels like it. In the middle of a call? Reboot. Perusing the forums? Reboot. Oh... did I just reboot? I'd better reboot.

FML.

Sorry for your issues but that made me chuckle. I think the S3 I have now is the longest I've ever kept a phone. My name is Joe and I'm a self confessed phone w h o r e. I get tired of a device and need something else....it's an addiction!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't really bother me about only having 16GB. I don't use my phone as an mp3 player and I'm not a gamer so aside from ring tones, pics, videos, and the few apps i have, i have enough space. I know this isn't the case for everyone. I didn't think higher GB version phones didn't sell considering so many people want them

If the end user had a true 16GB to use, then I'm all for it. Now since I don't have one per se, I can only go by what others are reporting - about 9gb user space. Then there are updates to the software, you add apps, etc.....I'd rather hold out for a 32gb. It would be a mistake (my opinion) for Verizon not to release one.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't really matter since you don't get the 50 mail in rebate. It comes to the same price. I had the 50 off too but went with Verizon because the price would be the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If the end user had a true 16GB to use, then I'm all for it. Now since I don't have one per se, I can only go by what others are reporting - about 9gb user space. Then there are updates to the software, you add apps, etc.....I'd rather hold out for a 32gb. It would be a mistake (my opinion) for Verizon not to release one.

Yea i hear you. But even when I had the 16GB S3 with all my apps i never dropped below 7GB. All my pictures and ring tones were all on my 32GB sd card. Now the stuff on my sd card took up like 20GB of space. Its too bad the option to delete bloatware is gone too replaced with just disabling it :thumbdown: i read on another thread that someone was told by a sales rep at costco (or Sams Club can't remember which) that it would be released the 24th...fingers crossed lol

FYI I'm a phone w h o r e too lmao

Last edited:

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't really matter since you don't get the 50 mail in rebate. It comes to the same price. I had the 50 off too but went with Verizon because the price would be the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah but doesn't Best Buy usually price a little cheaper than the retail stores?

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

If it makes you feel better, Samsung may issue a software update before you get your S4. If some of the bugs get fixed before you even get your phone, you'll definitely appreciate it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

And who knows what other bombshells Google will drop on us with future versions of Android. Similar to the restriction of apps since Ice Cream Sandwich.

"Attention Android consumers effective immediately all videos and music will be restricted to internal memory ...." oh right.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but doesn't Best Buy usually price a little cheaper than the retail stores?

Maybe later but when it's first launched they have the same prices. Sprint is offering theirs for 249 with a 50 rebate just like Verizon but BB is selling it for 249 without the rebate. I was bummed by this too because the best buy gift card comes with no real savings now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I hate Verizon, always the last ones to release phones. It's all their fault we have to wait for the bootloader unlock to be released....

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe later but when it's first launched they have the same prices. Sprint is offering theirs for 249 with a 50 rebate just like Verizon but BB is selling it for 249 without the rebate. I was bummed by this too because the best buy gift card comes with no real savings now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

Oh well, I guess at least if i go with Best Buy I can get an instant $50 off as opposed to waiting for a rebate...

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is available next Wednesday. Do you think I'd get the phone faster if I add my name to the preorder waitlist on Wednesday or if I don't do that and just go to the store when it opens on launch day?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey