Tiny speck of dust inside screen, build quality?

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S4, and mine came with a small grey speck of dust inside the screen. It's very tiny, small enough that I thought it was a cluster of stuck grey pixels until I inspected it with the screen off very very carefully. Getting a replacement as soon as stock is available again.

Anyone else experience anything similar? It's so small that it's not a huge deal... but I prefer not having dust inside a brand new $700+tax phone on a 3-year plan.

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
No one? I'd like anyone who owns one to scan over their screen while it's white and check :p Just kind-of curious what to expect with the replacement.

Debbie Choi

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine came like that too! I went to AT&T and they refused to exchange it for me...they even claimed I dropped it when there clearing isn't any sign of damage on the phone....

Debbie Choi

May 16, 2013
Visit site
lol. Sorry, I wrote that out of frustration. I contacted ATT again and they contacted Samsung about the problem. Turns out it was a factor defect, so ATT kindly gave me a new one. Problem solved.

Ryan Gehret

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a tiny tiny tiny dust speck under my S4's screen too; didn't notice it until about a week after though. It bugged me sooooo bad but now I don't really care. I also have dust inside the tiny gap between the glass and screen bezel, and I can't get some of it out. That still bugs me! :mad:

I paid full price for the phone aswell....ah well, I still love the phone as much as ever.

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a tiny tiny tiny dust speck under my S4's screen too; didn't notice it until about a week after though. It bugged me sooooo bad but now I don't really care. I also have dust inside the tiny gap between the glass and screen bezel, and I can't get some of it out. That still bugs me! :mad:

I paid full price for the phone aswell....ah well, I still love the phone as much as ever.

I used to have stuff stuck between the frame and the glass on my s3 but i got it out. No biggie

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a speck of dust as well. Noticed it immediately when I got it (pre-ordered it). Didn't care much since I wanted to show it off :cool:

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

Ryan Gehret

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm able to get most of mine out, but there's parts where there's no gap that dust enters... Cant get it out. Oh well, I've learned to not worry so much about it and use the phone, haha. :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon