New Member-iPhone5 to GS4!!! A couple questions!!

DreLz2000

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Have been a lurker here for awhile & finally decided to join up!! After 2days with this phone it is a blast! Just got a couple questions regarding Android/S4, so about software and some if might have a defective unit:

-while using the S4 since Sunday i've noticed the screen gets hot after about 5min of use(net/facebook) with it getting very hot around the camera lens, is this normal? Happens now & then, along with the charger getting hot too.

-also it seems that when using high-end earphones (Sennheiser ie80 & Shure se215) it seems to have a static/pop sound once you have the volume over 50%, i tested both and they have that same crackle sound but they don't with the earbuds that came with the S4. i tested my earbuds using a friend's S3 & there weren't any problems. have any of you had this problem with your S4 or is it just with mine?

-I'm still using iTunes to manage my music and I'm using iSyncr/Rocketplayer to make it seemless, but it seems that even though iSyncr will transfer/update my library (smartplaylist, playcounts, stars) it seem other music player apps like PowerAmp/BeatsPro doesn't update songs played through those apps (playcounts). Is there something i'm missing in the options or is it just not possible and only through Rocketplayer it will work?

-Lastly, what backup program/app would you recommend that will backup everything (besides gmail for contacts) like the iTunes does with settings and widgets/homescreens, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

aj_84

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome - I too came from a iPhone 5 but used a GS3 for a month to ensure I got get on with it.

Heat: I have noticed it gets warm but not hot. The iPhone too got warm but because of the chassis, you rarely felt it. Believe me, inside it did! I think because it's plastic, it probably feels warmer. If its getting very hot, it's possible something is pushing the phones processor full pelt and is continuing to do so. Might be worth getting a task killer to stop anything you don't want to use and see if it gets cooler. Then test with wifi off, and bluetooth and finally data. If any one of those improve, come back and let us know to take it further.

I have a pair of Bose In hear ones I can test for you but won't be until tonight when I get some music onto the phone.

Good question on the backing up - hopefully someone will answer. Took me almost 4 hours to set it up the way I want it (like the GS3 which mimicked the iphone)

DreLz2000

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome - I too came from a iPhone 5 but used a GS3 for a month to ensure I got get on with it.

Heat: I have noticed it gets warm but not hot. The iPhone too got warm but because of the chassis, you rarely felt it. Believe me, inside it did! I think because it's plastic, it probably feels warmer. If its getting very hot, it's possible something is pushing the phones processor full pelt and is continuing to do so. Might be worth getting a task killer to stop anything you don't want to use and see if it gets cooler. Then test with wifi off, and bluetooth and finally data. If any one of those improve, come back and let us know to take it further.

I have a pair of Bose In hear ones I can test for you but won't be until tonight when I get some music onto the phone.

Good question on the backing up - hopefully someone will answer. Took me almost 4 hours to set it up the way I want it (like the GS3 which mimicked the iphone)

thanks, i had downloaded Titanium Backup but noticed it only works if the S4 is rooted, was told this works the best like iTunes does whenever you restore from backup with all settings/apps & homescreens in place
hopefully i'm not the only one with the sound problem, the static/pop sound happens it when you turn the volume up around 65-70% (along with that anoying warnng message), it's extremely noticeable when u play a song with bass using higher quality earbuds, not the stock ones it came with

DreLz2000

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
mine gets hot with or without the case, currently using the Platinum Case they had @BestBuy until my Spigen case, the heat is mostly coming from the strongest around the lens area

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12