Galaxy S4 being outperformed by Z10 in delivering Gmail - wtf?

loucifer75

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 is set to Sync Every 5 Minutes, Push is set to On, but Gmail takes at least 10 minutes longer than the Z10 to notify me of new messages. I am getting the red light and sound on the Z10 within a minute of receiving a Gmail, what gives?

Does it make any difference if I use the Gmail app integrated in the phone, or the Email Accounts app?

I want the email to come as immediately as possible. Also, some outgoing mail took 15 minutes to be delivered and they all went through at different intervals.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 is set to Sync Every 5 Minutes, Push is set to On, but Gmail takes at least 10 minutes longer than the Z10 to notify me of new messages. I am getting the red light and sound on the Z10 within a minute of receiving a Gmail, what gives?

Does it make any difference if I use the Gmail app integrated in the phone, or the Email Accounts app?

I want the email to come as immediately as possible. Also, some outgoing mail took 15 minutes to be delivered and they all went through at different intervals.

The Gmail app is better than the stock email app as far as speed. Make sure you have sync selected for your gmail account and it should push immediately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo