Raising the volume level without a warning? and Going back a track using headphones?

Vizjer

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, as I recently switched from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S4. I've had my phone for almost a week, and like most people use my phone to listen to music. It seems whenever I plug in the samsung headphones that came with the phone and try to raise the volume (while the screen is off) I end up getting this pesky message asking "Raise music above safe level, etc..."

While I appreciate Samsung's concern, I don't need this warning every time, and this is beginning to become a huge annoyance. Perhaps I am missing this in the settings, but is there something I can do so I don't receive this message?

Also, while on the issue of music, coming from an iPhone I was able to go back a track by clicking 3 times. I've tried this with the Samsung headphones, and it doesn't seem to work. Is this feature unavailable on android/samsung? Since I bike while listening to music, having this type of control is extremely important for me.

Thanks.

Also I've attached a screenshot of the warning message I receive.
Screenshot_2013-05-01-20-23-29.png

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, as I recently switched from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S4. I've had my phone for almost a week, and like most people use my phone to listen to music. It seems whenever I plug in the samsung headphones that came with the phone and try to raise the volume (while the screen is off) I end up getting this pesky message asking "Raise music above safe level, etc..."

While I appreciate Samsung's concern, I don't need this warning every time, and this is beginning to become a huge annoyance. Perhaps I am missing this in the settings, but is there something I can do so I don't receive this message?

Also, while on the issue of music, coming from an iPhone I was able to go back a track by clicking 3 times. I've tried this with the Samsung headphones, and it doesn't seem to work. Is this feature unavailable on android/samsung? Since I bike while listening to music, having this type of control is extremely important for me.

Thanks.

Also I've attached a screenshot of the warning message I receive.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-.../w291-h517/Screenshot_2013-05-01-20-23-29.png

Volume warnings cannot be turned off with stock TouchWiz ROMs or any other OEM-skinned Android ROM. This option can only be turned off with stock (though this feature has disappeared with updates) or AOSP-based custom ROMs. Since you're using a new device that has just received root (for Qualcomm-based handsets) recently, you're pretty much stuck with the annoying warning notifications.

Headphone remote controls are more of a niche factor in Android, but it would be nice if Google or at least Samsung implement this feature.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It must be the Samsung headphones that cause that pop up warning because I've never seen that using my Bose headphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, it'll pop up for any headphones, or even when you plug it into your car stereo. It bugged me at first, but after a week I stopped caring.

Noldarrainwolf

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually found that when you hold the volume up key on the side of the phone before you get the warning, the volume up actually goes through... The turn it down a few click...

Hope it helps

- - - Updated - - -

I actually found that when you hold the volume up key on the side of the phone before you get the warning, the volume up actually goes through... The turn it down a few click...

Hope it helps

vicente1

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
it a nice work around but i would love to simply turn that notification off though.i installed set the volumes and the notification still came up failed thanks though.