Is there a plastic film over the camera lens?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
its a piece of plastic with a hole in the center... well that's how it was on mine. Took me about 5 min to figure out how to get it off, had to have the back off the S4 to do it.

Ranger Danger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, thanks for posting this. I started to see some dirt and lint beginning to accumulate right around the lens. I was wondering what the problem was. I'm removing the film now. Thanks!

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried to take it off when I noticed it the day I got the phone. After not being able to I just figured it was supposed to stay there. Is it intended to be removed?

*How did you guys get it off?

DeerFilm

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I took some pictures, and the photos seem fine with the plastic on, so are we supposed to take the plastic off. Will it give you better photos? And does the manual mention anything if we should keep it on or off. If it protects the lens and does not make much difference on the photos, then I will keep it on.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I took some pictures, and the photos seem fine with the plastic on, so are we supposed to take the plastic off. Will it give you better photos? And does the manual mention anything if we should keep it on or off. If it protects the lens and does not make much difference on the photos, then I will keep it on.

It doesn't cover the lens, so it won't impact the quality of the pictures in any way.