Questions about S4 lag

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with earlier posts. The lag is definitely overblown. I have had mine since launch.

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Has Samsung addressed this lag issue officially in some statement or something? Have they acknowledged this problem many users seem to be facing? Just wondering.... as I'm sure a simple OS update can fix this problem.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Has Samsung addressed this lag issue officially in some statement or something? Have they acknowledged this problem many users seem to be facing? Just wondering.... as I'm sure a simple OS update can fix this problem.

Why would they? It isn't any diff than the s3 or note2.. Samsung values features over performance. That is the trade-off.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Why would they? It isn't any diff than the s3 or note2.. Samsung values features over performance. That is the trade-off.

Or because it's not a huge deal and most people won't even notice it before they fix it with an update? I'm guessing you're another one that hasn't even used the S4, yet spends his time here trying to put it down.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

No offense brother, but you have an HTC One as your avatar picture. You really think you're giving a 100% insightful and unbiased opinion about Samsung or either phones? Not trying to pick on you, but you really have no clue what Samsung is thinking.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Or because it's not a huge deal and most people won't even notice it before they fix it with an update? I'm guessing you're another one that hasn't even used the S4, yet spends his time here trying to put it down.

You are absolutely right, about the first part, kind of. For most people the lag is not an issue(although there is no real "fix" unless you lighten up the software load). I personally prefer sheer speed, but I definitely understand the vast majority don't even notice. For those people, the s4 is often the best phone choice.

No offense brother, but you have an HTC One as your avatar picture. You really think you're giving a 100% insightful and unbiased opinion about Samsung or either phones? Not trying to pick on you, but you really have no clue what Samsung is thinking.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

If you look at my other posts you will see I congratulate people on their s4 and often agree its the best phone on the market for people with removable battery/storage/software features in mind.

All I am saying is that is the trade off. By purchasing an s4, you are sacrificing performance over software features(and obviously a few other things like storage, removable battery etc.).

edit: Also, no offense taken! :cool: We are all on the same team.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You are absolutely right, about the first part, kind of. For most people the lag is not an issue(although there is no real "fix" unless you lighten up the software load). I personally prefer sheer speed, but I definitely understand the vast majority don't even notice. For those people, the s4 is often the best phone choice.

If you look at my other posts you will see I congratulate people on their s4 and often agree its the best phone on the market for people with removable battery/storage/software features in mind.

All I am saying is that is the trade off. By purchasing an s4, you are sacrificing performance over software features(and obviously a few other things like storage, removable battery etc.).

edit: Also, no offense taken! :cool: We are all on the same team.

You're hilarious. "I prefer sheer speed". You picked a phone that has a very simple and light UI and think because it moves smoothly in most places that it's the fastest (sounds very familiar). It doesn't benchmark first. Doesn't win in browser testing. Doesn't win in gaming performance, but you like "sheer speed". Gotcha.
You're commenting on the S4's performance without owning one. People who own the S4 or want to buy one aren't sacrificing performance at all. Quite the opposite (especially if you own the Exynos 5 Octa).

Perhaps spending your time over in the HTC One forums might be a better fit for you.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You're hilarious. "I prefer sheer speed". You picked a phone that has a very simple and light UI and think because it moves smoothly in most places that it's the fastest (sounds very familiar). It doesn't benchmark first. Doesn't win in browser testing. Doesn't win in gaming performance, but you like "sheer speed". Gotcha.
You're commenting on the S4's performance without owning one. People who own the S4 or want to buy one aren't sacrificing performance at all. Quite the opposite (especially if you own the Exynos 5 Octa).

Perhaps spending your time over in the HTC One forums might be a better fit for you.

I spent a good amount of time with the several S4s. In real world use I get around SLIGHTLY faster than the S4. We are talking fractions of seconds here. Also, yes, I agree that the Exynos version is a beast, but very few in the US have those. It'ts not like I am saying this phone is a giant piece of **** and you shouldn't buy it..Why are you guys so damn sensitive? I think it is a great phone, I keep repeating it, yet you guys keep telling me to go away. I am an android fan, this entire forum is a better fit for me. Don't try to shut me up just because I have legitimate criticisms. I have legitimate criticisms about my htc one too.

billyblue123

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
i have been using the S4 LTE since 20 days and i can tell you the phone is driving me crazy, LAG LAG LAG it is so frustrating to see a beautiful phone and can't use anything from it because its becoming very slow, i have turned off all possible apps and have tried all possible way to make it faster but NO, i am using the phone just to make calls and send smss now as if i am using the old mobile back to 1990 and still its driving me crazy.

any solution here? should i return it back and go back to Blackberry?

HELP

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
i have been using the S4 LTE since 20 days and i can tell you the phone is driving me crazy, LAG LAG LAG it is so frustrating to see a beautiful phone and can't use anything from it because its becoming very slow, i have turned off all possible apps and have tried all possible way to make it faster but NO, i am using the phone just to make calls and send smss now as if i am using the old mobile back to 1990 and still its driving me crazy.

any solution here? should i return it back and go back to Blackberry?

HELP
Just wait for the Google Edition ROM to become available for loading onto the carrier version.

JLeung1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Tried it since this afternoon. No issues and battery is fine. I tried just GPU rendering the other day with minimal results. Doing both makes quite the difference.

Can you explain how to disable Hw overlays and what exactly it does?

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
This issue has been beaten to death in every possible way!! Just get the htc one already or apple or whatever device that's not samsung. It would make both sfans and anti-sfans happier (maybe not the anti-sfans).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney