So in MA, it's the law that the carrier has to charge tax on the fully unsubsidized price, but if I buy from a second-party vendor, they just charge tax on the $200 price. It looks like my options are either buy from Amazon, Radio Shack, or Best Buy. Which do you think is the best place to buy, and do you still get the 1 year warranty if you buy from these vendors.
    05-02-2013 01:28 PM
    Walmart Wireless has it for $168 and does not charge tax outside of MD. I believe they just received stock today for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Walmart Wireless
    05-02-2013 01:30 PM
    So in MA, it's the law that the carrier has to charge tax on the fully unsubsidized price, but if I buy from a second-party vendor, they just charge tax on the $200 price. It looks like my options are either buy from Amazon, Radio Shack, or Best Buy. Which do you think is the best place to buy, and do you still get the 1 year warranty if you buy from these vendors.
    You would obviously have the one year manufacturers warranty as long as you can provide proof of purchase. The only drawback is if you get an "iffy" device or need to exchange it for some reason, you'd have to send it back if you purchased on-line. Many states require tax on the full value of the device and I feel your pain.
    05-02-2013 01:35 PM
    You would obviously have the one year manufacturers warranty as long as you can provide proof of purchase. The only drawback is if you get an "iffy" device or need to exchange it for some reason, you'd have to send it back if you purchased on-line. Many states require tax on the full value of the device and I feel your pain.
    Thanks! I'm also wondering if buying in the store on the release or preordering it next Wendesday (the day my upgrade becomes available) would get me the phone faster.
    05-02-2013 03:46 PM