Is it possible to remove "Wi-Fi Connected" from notification area? This looks like it is just wasting space in the notification area.

Osho
    05-02-2013 01:55 PM
    Are you referring to your Notification bar at the top? As long as you have WIFI on you are going to get the icon for it in that area and no way to remove it. At least you know when it IS on and it does not take up that much space.
    05-02-2013 02:14 PM
    Are you referring to your Notification bar at the top? As long as you have WIFI on you are going to get the icon for it in that area and no way to remove it. At least you know when it IS on and it does not take up that much space.
    No, I am not referring to the notification bar at the top. I am referring to the notification panel that shows when one slides down the finger from the top of the display. In addition to the various settings toggles, there are notifications listed there. And, I have a persistent "Wi-Fi Connected" notification there. I don't need to see that. I can already see from the notification bar at the top that Wi-Fi is connected.

Osho
    05-02-2013 02:32 PM
    I'm sure you'd be able to remove that if your phone is rooted.
    05-02-2013 02:43 PM
    Can't be removed unless rooted. It's the same on the S3.
    05-02-2013 04:01 PM
    No, I am not referring to the notification bar at the top. I am referring to the notification panel that shows when one slides down the finger from the top of the display. In addition to the various settings toggles, there are notifications listed there. And, I have a persistent "Wi-Fi Connected" notification there. I don't need to see that. I can already see from the notification bar at the top that Wi-Fi is connected.

Osho
    Yes that is different and yes like the other 2 said if your phone was rooted then you could keep it from being in the Notification center.
    05-02-2013 04:28 PM