(SOLVED) How to move music AND playlists to phone?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I do apologize if this is a duplicate but I seriously couldn't find what I was looking for (most questions that i searched SD Card were about moving apps)..

I finally got my MicroSD Card in the mail and it's all installed in the new S4 (had to replace it!)
But I came from iPhone 4S and I had a lot of playlists from my iTunes.. How do I move that to the S4? (and can I automatically put that on my MicroSD card?)

I heard of iSync but I think you have to pay $5 after a certain amount.. I was hoping to do this for FREE if possible (without having to drag and drop because like I mentioned, I have a lot of play lists and would hate to add songs in there one by one)..

any ideas? :)

ETA: Solved! - Thank you everyone!

Last edited:

theGleep

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to move music AND playlists to phone?

I just caved and took the SD card out of my phone, and put it in a USB adapter. Now my PC thinks it's a file system. An doesn't mind copying files to it at all.

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Yiu can akso download easy phome sync. That is wjat i used to sync my itunes to my galaxy. You can also go omto yiur files called my files andove anything around you want. You can put it all on your sd card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

slittle#AC

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Go to Samsung and download their Smart Switch. You just need to back up your iPhone to iTunes and then follow Smart Switch directions. It didn't work on my laptop so I tried another computer and it worked like a dream and moved and converted all of my music, photos, text messages, etc. You get to select what you want to transfer to the S4. Also, there is a Smart Switch Mobile and it will tell you what apps you had on your iPhone and will find the same or recommended Android apps. The music conversion and photos transfer probably took under a minute. Love Smart Switch!!

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Easy Phone Sync moved everything off of my iPhone 4S.

All music to my SD card with album art etc.

John

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Thanks everyone! I tried Samsung smart switch but it kept crashing.

So I ended up using easy phone sync. Thanks a bunch everyone!

zigzagler

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Go to Samsung and download their Smart Switch. You just need to back up your iPhone to iTunes and then follow Smart Switch directions. It didn't work on my laptop so I tried another computer and it worked like a dream and moved and converted all of my music, photos, text messages, etc. You get to select what you want to transfer to the S4. Also, there is a Smart Switch Mobile and it will tell you what apps you had on your iPhone and will find the same or recommended Android apps. The music conversion and photos transfer probably took under a minute. Love Smart Switch!!

How much files did you have to transfer (in terms of GB)? I've got an iPhone 5 64GB with 6.79GB left & over 20GB of pictures in it & when I did the Samsung Smart Switch, my phone was literally connected to my MAC for over 24 hours! Still, it's at 67% of converting my pictures!

I had to stop it cause I need to use my phone after that long...however, I managed to get my messages, voicemails, calendar & more than 50% of my photos over. Still need to migrate my iTunes songs over.

So my question is:
1) Should I continue using the smart switch to migrate my iTunes songs/playlist? EDIT: I think I'll use the Easy Sync Tunes Pro to migrate but will it recognise the photos that I've already migrated?
2) I noticed the photos migration has used up my phone storage instead of my SD card, how do I move those data across to my SD card instead?
3) I still can't figure how to turn off the "freakin" snapping camera noise! Can someone please help?

***Sorry for the little rant as I'm still trying to get used to the Android ecosystem...***

Thanks guys!
[/LIST]

[/LIST]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome