07-30-2014 07:32 AM
52 123
tools
    Thanks so much!
    05-08-2013 01:26 PM
    I'm having an issue with the pics being uploaded all choppy and pixellated I have upgraded to the latest version and still the same result. Anyone else having this issue? (I've tried enabling/disabling the 'high quality' option and still the same: pixels)
    Yeah, happening to me as well. Fully updated, I even tried the old fix of adjusting the high image quality toggle, but that makes the photo look worse. This might have to be resolved again on IG's side.
    05-08-2013 05:12 PM
    When I want to show off just how great my new S4's camera is, Instagram goes wonky on us '
    Omer San Gabriel likes this.
    05-08-2013 05:37 PM
    When I want to show off just how great my new S4's camera is, Instagram goes wonky on us '
    Oh no ;(

Mine is working fine now after the update (instagrams)

Have you tried uninstalling & rebooting etc?

Hope your able to get it fixed.

How are you liking the phone otherwise?
    05-08-2013 06:33 PM
    I'll try to uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps. I'm loving the phone; I do miss a couple of features/options that were on the Note 2 and are missing here, but otherwise a greaaaat phone overall.

Posted via Android Central App
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    05-08-2013 06:44 PM
    Hi, has the problem been resolved after you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? I have the same problem with my S4
    05-20-2013 10:03 PM
    If you're talking about the pixelated issue, then no, it hasn't been fixed and what's more, it seems to be a server issue as I've seen the same thing on SEVERAL Android phones that used to look great before (yeah, it's only on Android... thanks Instagram ').

That being said, one way to improve this is to DISABLE the 'High quality processing' from the app's option. It's not top notch, but it does reduce the pixelation.

If you're talking about the pictures not showing up or only showing colors or lines, then yeah, updating to the latest version fixed this.
    CathyLe88 and justrabe like this.
    05-21-2013 07:31 AM
    Hi

I just got the S4 and the lux (brightness sun) feature isn't even showing up. Did they change this for all of android? Do you think this will be changed in the future?

Thanks
    05-21-2013 06:41 PM
    Hi

I just got the S4 and the lux (brightness sun) feature isn't even showing up. Did they change this for all of android? Do you think this will be changed in the future?

Thanks
    With their latest update, they removed it completely.. im guessing only on our phones because it's still there for my iPad and old iPhone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-21-2013 11:55 PM
    Try ubersync in playstore. Works awesome and pics come in clear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-2013 01:35 AM
    Ummm... isn't ubersync an app to sync Facebook photos to contacts? Not really the issue here :P hehe
    05-23-2013 05:21 PM
    Go to Options and click on advanced features. You will see that there are two options that already have been clicked (have 2 blue checks)
    UNCHECK the second option!
    I just did it & now it works PERFECT!

- - - Updated - - -

Go to Options and click on advanced features. You will see that there are two options that already have been clicked (have 2 blue checks)
    UNCHECK the second option!
    I just did it & now it works PERFECT!
    06-02-2013 06:49 PM
    Sorry, but the word PERFECT does not apply here... Yes, if you disable the "Advanced Processing" the image results in a 'better looking' one because it's actually a little blurred out, but if you use images that have many straight lines (especially if they're diagonals) or text, you can still see the pixelating effect. And this is not S4 only, it's happening to a lot of Android devices, even ones that used to work without issues. This is an Instagram issue on their end, not our handsets.
    06-03-2013 09:16 AM
    Did you find a resolution to this problem. I am having the same issue and dont know how to fix it. : /
    06-17-2013 04:32 PM
    I just went into my advanced features and uncheck the second box, it works good if the picture you take does not have bright colors, like pinks or reds. However if the pictures do have those bright colors the edits still change to bright green.
    06-17-2013 04:38 PM
    And the picture becomes close up or large. If i take picture of whole body they will just let you crop the small square like head and shoulder only!
    06-17-2013 04:42 PM
    Everyone who has this issue, please take one moment to submit a Bug to Instagram here: https://www.facebook.com/help/contac...64531043625021

I'm pretty sure, they'll ignore it, until several people will report this issue. Spread the word!
    06-28-2013 03:40 AM
    Guys! It's not about instagram, it's about the phone in general! I'm facing this issue in different apps and only on a slow network. Looks like the TCP protocol is broken, but it's unbelievable, so I don't even know what to think and waiting for a system update with the fix.
    Keeton likes this.
    07-24-2013 04:26 AM
    The lux removal was just for the s4. When I had one they removed that feature. I have the HTC one now and it's still there.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-24-2013 06:52 AM
    Everyday my instagram app crashed! Uninstall anf install ocer and over again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-24-2013 12:48 PM
    I'm having an issue with the pics being uploaded all choppy and pixellated I have upgraded to the latest version and still the same result. Anyone else having this issue? (I've tried enabling/disabling the 'high quality' option and still the same: pixels)
    I've been experiencing this issue also and it has ruined the Instagram experience for me. I've emailed them and messaged them on FB offering usability testing or beta feedback etc. but get no response.
    I've been an advocate of Instagram from day one but have finally given up. Gutted.
    Tried every possible setting within Instagram and on the SG4 itself but appears that some more development is needed on the app.
    I'm also hoping and holding out for an Android version of the Camera+ App as it's awesome. Unfortunately I have received no response from the developers on that front either.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-24-2013 03:59 PM
    Im having the same problem as well but, every time i change my new profile picture, it becomes blurry and way too sharpened.
    07-27-2013 06:14 PM
    I have updated to latest version of instagram and I still have the same problem. Some filters doesnt work... when I try to apply those filters then some other filter appear, and when I post the picture it gets black or blurry. Some filters that have never worked on my Samsung s4 is x pro II, sutro and brannan. Anyone knows why?
    10-04-2013 04:33 AM
    I have updated to latest version of instagram and I still have the same problem. Some filters doesnt work... when I try to apply those filters then some other filter appear, and when I post the picture it gets black or blurry. Some filters that have never worked on my Samsung s4 is x pro II, sutro and brannan. Anyone knows why?
    02-25-2014 08:07 AM
    I've got the same problem !! Have S4 too and even my tgese three filters don't work. I asked other Android users (non S4 users) , their filters are working. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it back. Didn't help 😭
    02-25-2014 08:10 AM
52 123