Galaxy S4 and Instagram problem!! Please help!!

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Kind of ridiculous that they would take the auto enhance feature away instead of fixing it. ]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Kind of ridiculous that they would take the auto enhance feature away instead of fixing it. ]

Yea. It was kinda my fave to use lol.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

its wasnt an auto enhance or auto fix, it was a HDR feature.. and yea it is retarded that they took it away instead of fixing it... also the high quality image upload works now so you can turn it back on

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with the pics being uploaded all choppy and pixellated :( I have upgraded to the latest version and still the same result. Anyone else having this issue? (I've tried enabling/disabling the 'high quality' option and still the same: pixels)

bnsrf

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with the pics being uploaded all choppy and pixellated :( I have upgraded to the latest version and still the same result. Anyone else having this issue? (I've tried enabling/disabling the 'high quality' option and still the same: pixels)

Yeah, happening to me as well. Fully updated, I even tried the old fix of adjusting the high image quality toggle, but that makes the photo look worse. This might have to be resolved again on IG's side.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
:'( When I want to show off just how great my new S4's camera is, Instagram goes wonky on us ??'

Oh no ;(

Mine is working fine now after the update (instagrams)

Have you tried uninstalling & rebooting etc?

Hope your able to get it fixed.

How are you liking the phone otherwise?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll try to uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps. I'm loving the phone; I do miss a couple of features/options that were on the Note 2 and are missing here, but otherwise a greaaaat phone overall.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about the pixelated issue, then no, it hasn't been fixed and what's more, it seems to be a server issue as I've seen the same thing on SEVERAL Android phones that used to look great before (yeah, it's only on Android... thanks Instagram ??').

That being said, one way to improve this is to DISABLE the 'High quality processing' from the app's option. It's not top notch, but it does reduce the pixelation.

If you're talking about the pictures not showing up or only showing colors or lines, then yeah, updating to the latest version fixed this.

ajl1086

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I just got the S4 and the lux (brightness sun) feature isn't even showing up. Did they change this for all of android? Do you think this will be changed in the future?

Thanks

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I just got the S4 and the lux (brightness sun) feature isn't even showing up. Did they change this for all of android? Do you think this will be changed in the future?

Thanks

With their latest update, they removed it completely.. im guessing only on our phones because it's still there for my iPad and old iPhone

questionsanswers

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Go to Options and click on advanced features. You will see that there are two options that already have been clicked (have 2 blue checks)
UNCHECK the second option!
I just did it & now it works PERFECT!

- - - Updated - - -

Go to Options and click on advanced features. You will see that there are two options that already have been clicked (have 2 blue checks)
UNCHECK the second option!
I just did it & now it works PERFECT!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but the word PERFECT does not apply here... Yes, if you disable the "Advanced Processing" the image results in a 'better looking' one because it's actually a little blurred out, but if you use images that have many straight lines (especially if they're diagonals) or text, you can still see the pixelating effect. And this is not S4 only, it's happening to a lot of Android devices, even ones that used to work without issues. This is an Instagram issue on their end, not our handsets.

Mariam Khan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I just went into my advanced features and uncheck the second box, it works good if the picture you take does not have bright colors, like pinks or reds. However if the pictures do have those bright colors the edits still change to bright green.

Last edited: