11-11-2013 09:46 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    Confused me there bud, so the huge data portion was moved to the sd card?

Courtesy of My LT3VO
    Sorry, I was editing that post to get the numbers to line up.

I'm not sure. The after column is actually what is on the SD card. It seems to me that the entire 1.23 MB app is now on the SD card and 708 KB of 15.95 MB of Application data(?) was moved. It also looks like all of the 16 KB of data was moved. We need an expert to explain it fully.(and that ain't me)
    06-16-2013 03:28 PM
    Sorry, I was editing that post to get the numbers to line up.

I'm not sure. The after column is actually what is on the SD card. It seems to me that the entire 1.23 MB app is now on the SD card and 708 KB of 15.95 MB of Application data(?) was moved. It also looks like all of the 16 KB of data was moved. We need an expert to explain it fully.(and that ain't me)
    Saw the video and looked like he did move the entire(most of it anyways) to the Sd card. This is friggin sweet because I'll be using my trusty dusty Class 10 32Gb Samsung sd card. Which'll be more than enough space for all my pictures; vids; music; and games. Wooh! :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO
    tohio likes this.
    06-16-2013 03:39 PM
    Just watched a video where the presenter moved GTA III Ten Year Anniversary APPto the SD card in an S4 with the new update:
    BEFORE (APP on internal memory) AFTER (APP on SD card)
    Total 1.23 GB..............................................1.23 GB
    Application 15.95 MB...................................708 KB
    SD card app 1.21 GB.................................1.23 GB
    Data 16 KB....................................................16 KB
    SD card data 636 KB..................................636 KB

Looks like quite a bit of data was moved.

So the other posters stating that only the apk is incorrect? That would make sense if the previous official method, since GTA did move data with the previous method. Some apps did not, but do not recall which ones. Back then, Gameloft games were not in the market, but on their site, so I never bought one then.
    06-16-2013 07:31 PM
    Works like a charm with S4 16Gb, it was an OS limitation, the phone works fine on android 4.2.2, but my note 10.1 running 4.1.2 dosen work, I ahave to wait for an upgrade.
    besides you can nerver move the entire program, only some files will be moved.
    06-18-2013 08:17 AM
    Question!?

If I upgrade to the S4 today from my Verizion Droid Charge, as far as I know my external SD card is good...I havent had anything pop up about it. admittedly I havent used my external SD card much. as the Droid Charge is the first smartphone ive owned I guess im not as App Savvy as other people.

when I last checked I had 26 apps on my Charge (Facebook, Youtube, Pandora, Netflix, Banking apps, misc.) they all fit comfortably on the 2GB internal phone memory of my Charge. (I saw the S 4 comes with 16 GB internal but its only about 8-10GBs free...and people are complaining about app space...when that is like 2-3Xs the space I have now.)

If I put the SD card with the apps stored on them into a Galaxy S 4 would the S4 let me access the apps? (in essence by passing the S4's inability to store apps on the SD card by preloading (so to speak) moving the apps I want to keep from my droid charve internal memory onto the. SDCard prior to loading it into the S4?)
    06-18-2013 09:08 AM
    No, You need to .install every app in the new one phone and after that move the files to sd.

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S4 usando Tapatalk 2
    06-18-2013 09:20 AM
    download the latest update and now you can move apps to SD card.
    07-16-2013 04:01 AM
    The Charge uses the card for primary storage (sdcard0). The S4 does not. So your card will have a lot of stuff on it that will be junk on the S4. Android system files and app data storage that you did not create. You might consider backing up the card on a PC once you are ready to retire he Charge so you can prepare to clean off the obsolete folders.

Some of the folders may be application data that you can copy back to the correct location after you have reinstalled the apps. This may or may not be worth the effort depending on the app and what you need to recover. Office docs, photos, videos and music can stay on the card. So can anything from apps that allow you to define data location.

Good luck! The Charge was a great phone for its time. I just retired mine two weeks ago for the S4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    07-16-2013 05:33 AM
    I have just installed my sd card onto my android tablet. When I try to install apps, it doesn't use the sd card's memory. It uses the memory already on my tablet. People are telling me to have it rooted. How do I do that?

Please help me!
    07-21-2013 10:34 AM
    Today I receipt the OTA update and I can move apps to SD! :-)

Enviado desde mi SGS4 usando Tapatalk 4
    08-20-2013 03:05 PM
    Please clarify if there are any limits on app size with this update. Does it allow app data on SD? Does it allow the apk (the app itself) on sd or both?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Nop,it does not allow the apk,as the apps need the system files on internal storage to function properly!It does however allow you to move the app data.
    09-20-2013 02:18 PM
    Nop,it does not allow the apk,as the apps need the system files on internal storage to function properly!It does however allow you to move the app data.
    Yeah I'm back to using Foldermount so that I can have more control over what I move to SD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    09-29-2013 07:38 AM
    Yeah I'm back to using Foldermount so that I can have more control over what I move to SD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Well,rooting isn't advisable...but I hope nothing goes wrong!
    10-04-2013 09:03 AM
    I have the same problem, My phone is rooted, jailbroken, unlocked, you name it, and still cannot move my apps to my sd card
    11-11-2013 08:32 AM
    You check if your carrier delivery the update from Samsung allowing that? In my case was a bigger one 430mb

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    11-11-2013 09:46 AM
90 ... 234