Cannot move apps to SD card with Samsung Galaxy S4

mlacunza

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No, You need to .install every app in the new one phone and after that move the files to sd.

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S4 usando Tapatalk 2

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The Charge uses the card for primary storage (sdcard0). The S4 does not. So your card will have a lot of stuff on it that will be junk on the S4. Android system files and app data storage that you did not create. You might consider backing up the card on a PC once you are ready to retire he Charge so you can prepare to clean off the obsolete folders.

Some of the folders may be application data that you can copy back to the correct location after you have reinstalled the apps. This may or may not be worth the effort depending on the app and what you need to recover. Office docs, photos, videos and music can stay on the card. So can anything from apps that allow you to define data location.

Good luck! The Charge was a great phone for its time. I just retired mine two weeks ago for the S4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Shen Skim

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have just installed my sd card onto my android tablet. When I try to install apps, it doesn't use the sd card's memory. It uses the memory already on my tablet. People are telling me to have it rooted. How do I do that?

Please help me!

Black-Stars

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Please clarify if there are any limits on app size with this update. Does it allow app data on SD? Does it allow the apk (the app itself) on sd or both?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Nop,it does not allow the apk,as the apps need the system files on internal storage to function properly!It does however allow you to move the app data.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Nop,it does not allow the apk,as the apps need the system files on internal storage to function properly!It does however allow you to move the app data.

Yeah I'm back to using Foldermount so that I can have more control over what I move to SD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

mlacunza

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You check if your carrier delivery the update from Samsung allowing that? In my case was a bigger one 430mb

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol