Swiftkey questions

gadget22

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Swiftkey. Now my question is, is this app safe to use? Once I got it installed I started seeing all they privacy things, and that they will be collecting data. So now I'm thinking of uninstalling it because I'm not sure if it's safe. Any input would really be really appreciated. I just don't want my passwords and personal info compromised...............

totaled

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Swiftkey. Now my question is, is this app safe to use? Once I got it installed I started seeing all they privacy things, and that they will be collecting data. So now I'm thinking of uninstalling it because I'm not sure if it's safe. Any input would really be really appreciated. I just don't want my passwords and personal info compromised...............

A warning says SwiftKey may collect personal data like credit card numbers and passwords. Does it?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's safe to use. Android provide that warning for any keyboard you install. If you think about it, a keyboard can't work unless it reads every keystroke you enter, including passwords, etc. Even the standard Samsung and Google keyboards read everything you enter. Swiftkey is in use by millions of people, and no one has reported any security issues.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

It's safe. Obviously any keyboard can see what you type. That's how it works.

The other stuff is because it can hook into your Gmail, Twitter and Facebook accounts to help better predict what you're going to type. But only if you want it to.

gadget22

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I really appreciate it.. I just wanted to make sure because the app is AWESOME, and I really didn't want to uninstall it.. Thanks guys..

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I really appreciate it.. I just wanted to make sure because the app is AWESOME, and I really didn't want to uninstall it.. Thanks guys..

Awesome? You haven't seen anything yet :)
Just as Phil (above) mentioned about the other stuff/privacy items, I highly recommend doing that, and letting it read/scan your Gmail etc because then it becomes really impressive.
It will learn and know how you type, your style, your tone and will do a great job of predicting your next words.
Take this as a real life example, when spelling foreign names of clients, friends etc, it knows exactly how I spell them or how they are spelled without even me having to manually add the names to the dictionary etc.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

No problem. It is safe to use.. If there was a huge flaw it would of been found since Swiftkey is one of the most popular keyboards.

I use it on every Android device :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

eieio

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
like y'all, i love Swiftkey. it is so well designed that i find it to be incredible.

i do have a few, very few, suggestions for them though:

frequently, when i type a colon, it doesn't know that i want no space between the word prior to the colon and the colon itself, so i'd have to back and remove that space - quite time consuming.

it is a fantastic app. i echo you all.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
like y'all, i love Swiftkey. it is so well designed that i find it to be incredible.

i do have a few, very few, suggestions for them though:

frequently, when i type a colon, it doesn't know that i want no space between the word prior to the colon and the colon itself, so i'd have to back and remove that space - quite time consuming.

it is a fantastic app. i echo you all.

+1

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital