Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So I bit the bullet and bought the Spigen neo hybrid case sight unseen from Amazon Prime (love my free shipping). I was looking for a case that didn't add that much bulk to my phone, provided some protection, and still kept a good look for the device. In the past, I have always preferred to use my phone naked, but something about the size of the S4 screamed "put a case on it". I have the White Frost S4. I received the case in two days and it was very well packaged. The case is in two parts, the protective rubber back and then the white outter ring/sealer.

The fit, design, and feel of the case is amazing! It does everything I was hoping it did and looks better than I thought it would. I'm really glad that I went with the white on white configuration! I didn't and doubt I will use the "jellybean" home button covers, but they are nice to have with the case.

Onto my one and only gripe....the cutout for the charging port at the bottom. It's cut to only accept the Samsung micro USB charger (the one with the rather flat had). This is an issue for me, because I have chargers all around me in my living/working situation (two in the bedroom, 2 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 1 at work, 1 in the car) and only 1 of them is Samsung. Therefore, I would have to take the case off to charge with the others. VERY ANNOYING.

Other than that, great case. See the pictures and let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 380
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 374
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 374
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 367

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That is a sharp looking case!

However the USB issue would be a deal breaker for me. Plus, I much prefer having my case cover the buttons. Makes for having a lot less dust and grime getting wedged into the buttons themselves.

If they made that case with covered buttons and a better USB space, I'd order one ASAP.

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It really is quite annoying. Thankfully my juice pack charger still fits too. I have access to 3 more Samsung cables that I just found out about, so I'm going to start down that path. I forgot to mention that the volume rocker and power button covers make the buttons really easy to press, like that a lot.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow that case looks excellent I was torn between the case u have and the spigen slim Armor case your review just help me decide thanks:) ps lets us know how that case holds up in a few months I read some bad reviews for that same case made for the gs3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine in white color, it's looking great. Thanks for sharing photos. Can't wait for mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope it lasts. I'm worried about it holding up with me taking it off and putting it back on so often, we'll see!

Wow that case looks excellent I was torn between the case u have and the spigen slim Armor case your review just help me decide thanks:) ps lets us know how that case holds up in a few months I read some bad reviews for that same case made for the gs3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

specularius

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
US mail just delivered mine in Red. I just put it on and had not noticed the charging port issue. I will just shave down my cables with a knife to fit. Like it so far. I bought a Speck Candy Shell the first day and it fits good but is very slick and will not stay put on the center console of my truck. I think this Neo Hybrid will stay put.

sfazngiants

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
US mail just delivered mine in Red. I just put it on and had not noticed the charging port issue. I will just shave down my cables with a knife to fit. Like it so far. I bought a Speck Candy Shell the first day and it fits good but is very slick and will not stay put on the center console of my truck. I think this Neo Hybrid will stay put.

Can you post some pictures of the red one?

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't really consider that until you just said something, but it kind of does. very box like with the case on it. reminds me of the style of the iphone 4/4s, but thinner. and of course sexier.

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for mine to come in...... I ordered the metal slate or the blue looking one for my black mist s4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine from spigen on april 20. Still nothing. Silver. Anyone who ordered from spigen actually get theirs? And did you get an email with tracking info before hand?

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought it in yellow and still waiting

How does it fit in and out of your pocket?

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The soft rubber back doesn't pull my pocket out or anything. If I'm wearing jeans or khaki shorts, it stays in place and feels great. If I'm wearing slacks, it tends to shift into a landscape orientation every now and then.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Can you tell us where you ordered it from? (Most sites are saying it won't be available till May 15 or so)

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused... SGP Store says white ships in 3-5 days, amazon is saying to doesn't ship until the 15th yet people are getting their orders from amazon. Just luck of the draw or are they putting amazon orders on the back burner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC