11-09-2013 12:33 PM
124 123 ...
tools
    So I bit the bullet and bought the Spigen neo hybrid case sight unseen from Amazon Prime (love my free shipping). I was looking for a case that didn't add that much bulk to my phone, provided some protection, and still kept a good look for the device. In the past, I have always preferred to use my phone naked, but something about the size of the S4 screamed "put a case on it". I have the White Frost S4. I received the case in two days and it was very well packaged. The case is in two parts, the protective rubber back and then the white outter ring/sealer.

The fit, design, and feel of the case is amazing! It does everything I was hoping it did and looks better than I thought it would. I'm really glad that I went with the white on white configuration! I didn't and doubt I will use the "jellybean" home button covers, but they are nice to have with the case.

Onto my one and only gripe....the cutout for the charging port at the bottom. It's cut to only accept the Samsung micro USB charger (the one with the rather flat had). This is an issue for me, because I have chargers all around me in my living/working situation (two in the bedroom, 2 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 1 at work, 1 in the car) and only 1 of them is Samsung. Therefore, I would have to take the case off to charge with the others. VERY ANNOYING.

Other than that, great case. See the pictures and let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-imag0023.jpg   Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-imag0024.jpg   Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-imag0025.jpg   Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-imag0026.jpg   Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-imag0028.jpg  

Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-imag0029.jpg  
    Mooem, weesy, roberts68 and 13 others like this.
    05-03-2013 09:30 AM
    That is a sharp looking case!

However the USB issue would be a deal breaker for me. Plus, I much prefer having my case cover the buttons. Makes for having a lot less dust and grime getting wedged into the buttons themselves.

If they made that case with covered buttons and a better USB space, I'd order one ASAP.
    05-03-2013 09:35 AM
    It really is quite annoying. Thankfully my juice pack charger still fits too. I have access to 3 more Samsung cables that I just found out about, so I'm going to start down that path. I forgot to mention that the volume rocker and power button covers make the buttons really easy to press, like that a lot.
    05-03-2013 09:39 AM
    That actually looks great! Is the speaker muffled at all when you lay the phone flat on its back?
    05-03-2013 09:49 AM
    Wow that case looks excellent I was torn between the case u have and the spigen slim Armor case your review just help me decide thanks ps lets us know how that case holds up in a few months I read some bad reviews for that same case made for the gs3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    05-03-2013 09:51 AM
    Looks pretty sleek...might have to reorder lol
    05-03-2013 09:58 AM
    I ordered mine in white color, it's looking great. Thanks for sharing photos. Can't wait for mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    JAshworth03#AC likes this.
    05-03-2013 10:07 AM
    That actually looks great! Is the speaker muffled at all when you lay the phone flat on its back?
    not anymore than normal that I have noticed. volume rocker is def easier to manipulate
    Mooem likes this.
    05-03-2013 10:11 AM
    I hope it lasts. I'm worried about it holding up with me taking it off and putting it back on so often, we'll see!

Wow that case looks excellent I was torn between the case u have and the spigen slim Armor case your review just help me decide thanks ps lets us know how that case holds up in a few months I read some bad reviews for that same case made for the gs3

05-03-2013 10:19 AM
    US mail just delivered mine in Red. I just put it on and had not noticed the charging port issue. I will just shave down my cables with a knife to fit. Like it so far. I bought a Speck Candy Shell the first day and it fits good but is very slick and will not stay put on the center console of my truck. I think this Neo Hybrid will stay put.
    05-03-2013 10:42 AM
    US mail just delivered mine in Red. I just put it on and had not noticed the charging port issue. I will just shave down my cables with a knife to fit. Like it so far. I bought a Speck Candy Shell the first day and it fits good but is very slick and will not stay put on the center console of my truck. I think this Neo Hybrid will stay put.
    Can you post some pictures of the red one?
    weesy likes this.
    05-03-2013 11:58 AM
    Nice looking case, but for some reason it makes the GS4 kind of look like an iPhone.
    05-03-2013 12:55 PM
    I didn't really consider that until you just said something, but it kind of does. very box like with the case on it. reminds me of the style of the iphone 4/4s, but thinner. and of course sexier.
    05-03-2013 01:23 PM
    Can't wait for mine to come in...... I ordered the metal slate or the blue looking one for my black mist s4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-03-2013 02:08 PM
    Ordered mine from amazon doesn't ship till the 15th

05-03-2013 04:10 PM
    Ordered mine from spigen on april 20. Still nothing. Silver. Anyone who ordered from spigen actually get theirs? And did you get an email with tracking info before hand?
    05-03-2013 04:34 PM
    I bought it in yellow and still waiting

How does it fit in and out of your pocket?

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!
    05-03-2013 07:43 PM
    The soft rubber back doesn't pull my pocket out or anything. If I'm wearing jeans or khaki shorts, it stays in place and feels great. If I'm wearing slacks, it tends to shift into a landscape orientation every now and then.
    roberts68 likes this.
    05-04-2013 12:30 PM
    Can you tell us where you ordered it from? (Most sites are saying it won't be available till May 15 or so)
    05-04-2013 01:38 PM
    I'm confused... SGP Store says white ships in 3-5 days, amazon is saying to doesn't ship until the 15th yet people are getting their orders from amazon. Just luck of the draw or are they putting amazon orders on the back burner?
    05-04-2013 02:50 PM
    I ordered mine from Amazon and I'm a prime member. It originally said shipping in 5-6 days, then Amazon said expected delivery May 15th, but sure enough it came in 2 days.

I'm confused... SGP Store says white ships in 3-5 days, amazon is saying to doesn't ship until the 15th yet people are getting their orders from amazon. Just luck of the draw or are they putting amazon orders on the back burner?
    05-04-2013 03:19 PM
    Pretty impressed, was originally gonna go with the white neo, but went white slim armour. Amazon as well, not shipping till 10th

And what do you guys think, screen protector or not? I'm leaning toward not?

Also got the s view for when I go out, slim armour case for when around the house lol.
    05-04-2013 03:46 PM
    Received my red today.

The Samsung USB cable fits fine. I had another one laying around and that one fit fine also!

The only one that didn't fit is the Samsung dock that I ordered. Damn it!

Needless to say I won't be keeping the Neo-Hybrid for that reason.

Instead I'll stick with the S-View cover. It fits the dock well.

Am going to eBay the Neo-Hybrid. Listed as SPIGEN Neo Hybrid Dante Red case for Samsung Galaxy S4

John
    Attached Thumbnails Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-nh2.jpeg   Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-nh3.jpg   Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review-nh4.jpg  
    05-04-2013 04:16 PM
    I ordered mine from Amazon and I'm a prime member. It originally said shipping in 5-6 days, then Amazon said expected delivery May 15th, but sure enough it came in 2 days.
    Fair enough. I'm a prime member as well. It said out of stock when I placed mine so we'll see when it ships.

They haven't even sent me the email saying when they expect it yet so I'm not holding my breath.
    05-04-2013 04:21 PM
    Received my red today.

The Samsung USB cable fits fine. I had another one laying around and that one fit fine also!

The only one that didn't fit is the Samsung dock that I ordered. Damn it!

Needless to say I won't be keeping the Neo-Hybrid for that reason.

Instead I'll stick with the S-View cover. It fits the dock well.

Am going to eBay the Neo-Hybrid.

John
    Wait the Samsung universal dock made by them doesn't work? That's pretty ****. I ordered mine a few days ago and was hoping this would be compatible. Dammit.
    ThisTechBoi likes this.
    05-04-2013 04:23 PM
124 123 ...