Samsung responds to Galaxy S4 storage woes

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64GB Ultra SanDisk microSD but that's not the point. We are being charged for 16GB when in reality there's only less than 9GB. I have 8.44GB since Bell also decided to ADD their bloatware.

Samsung needs to correct this if Apple (love them too) had done this the Internet would've crashed with all the backlash. I am waiting for my S-Cover Samsung.

I agree it's 2013 and 32GB should be the standard anyways.

You're being charged for 16gb and you get 16gb. Not all of that is user accessible however, just as they advertise.

Apple does do this. The last 16gb iPhone I had was a little under 12 gigs that were user accessible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The op said it comes with a free sd card, how do I get that?

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
it's hard to get away from the fact it is disappointing that from a 16gb system... you really have a little over half of useable memory. you might as well called it an 8gb system cause that's how much you really have to use.

in a two year contract i found myself accumulating over 1,000 pics on my 4s and over a gig of memory... who knows how much more space a 13mp x1000 takes. add some apps and a few songs and use a couple of more (I just downloaded nova 3 for my moga wireless on my n4 and that was over a gig) and you still will have a good bit left... but going back to my 4s, with all the apps and photos and such thinking 6 gigs free was still a lot, one day i took a 6gb movie on my 4s before and i think it was only because i ran out of memory during a special event and missed plenty of the end which was the best part. i was very upset about that... thats the worst part... when you needed that extra few... it wasnt there. man, just about as much samsung bloat on top of the few that Jelly bean takes... that's one fat OS.

HTC really did it right... forget 16 and just go straight to 32/64 on their flagship phone when you know you're OS will take a ridiculous amount of space to try and package in a 16mb phone. should have dropped in a free sd card.

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hope this helps for beyondpod: it's under General settings:
ajapaty2.jpg
pavava6e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding out for a minimum 32Gb S4. I'd just at a 64Gb.

Why do I have to justify WHY I want a 32Gb or 64Gb? When buying a car do I have to come up with reasons why I choose the V8 over the V6 or 4 cylinder? I want it 'cause I want it. If Verizon & Samsung want my money then they'd be offer me what I want or they don't get it. For cryin' out load they are a retail company NOT supplying what their customers want. I'm not giving in....

They advertise having 16Gb, 32Gb or 64Gb. IF they don't offer them then its false advertising.

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Me personally, I have no problems with internal storage until it comes to games and Google music. Most apps allow cache to the sd card, I root so I have the virtual folder to my external sd card. Problem comes when have downloads are 1GB and I can only have 2. I stream my music and cache from Google music and that only does on the internal storage. I have too much music even for a 32gb sd card.

All they have to do is allow apps to install on onsd card again and that'll solve these issues. Why did they take that away anyways?

Sent from my SPH-L710

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding out for a minimum 32Gb S4. I'd just at a 64Gb.

Why do I have to justify WHY I want a 32Gb or 64Gb? When buying a car do I have to come up with reasons why I choose the V8 over the V6 or 4 cylinder? I want it 'cause I want it. If Verizon & Samsung want my money then they'd be offer me what I want or they don't get it. For cryin' out load they are a retail company NOT supplying what their customers want. I'm not giving in....

They advertise having 16Gb, 32Gb or 64Gb. IF they don't offer them then its false advertising.

That's not what false advertising means.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon