05-05-2013 11:57 AM
76 1234
tools
    Frankly, I find it interesting what others are using.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.
    torch29 and Topgonzo like this.
    05-03-2013 04:05 PM
    Coming from an Apple user, it's been very frustrating that I could not upgrade the storage (I now have a 64GB SD card) I also have 2 fully charged spare batteries. One kept in my car, and one in my office. So thats two things right off the bat, SD slot and removable battery.

I attend a lot of hockey games, as a fan and a professional writer. The pictures and videos I took with the iPhone sucked. Now I have a phone that takes amazing pictures, and not having to worry about storage. Plus by brothers have the S3. The camera on that was also great/ better. So I figured the one on the S4 would have to be better, and it is.

And finally (but in all honestly, this didn't matter at all) it was cheaper. I purchased my iPhone 4GS 18 months ago. I was eligible for an upgrade on May 1st, and so I took advantage of the phone coming out a few days earlier than that and jumped on it. As of now I have no regrets and absolutely love it.
    05-03-2013 04:06 PM
    I like the idea of the removable battery, for sure!
    05-03-2013 04:07 PM
    I tried the HTC One but it would kill apps during multitasking. I also find multiview om the S4 handy. So for business the S4 works better.
    05-03-2013 04:13 PM
    We'll heres what did it for me other than everyone else stating the obvious. The phone is an investment. I, (like most of us on here i'd imagine) are locked-in a two year contract with your cellular providor. If you go to "trade-in/up" when your ready to upgrade, are you going to get a decent amount back? or crap? I came from a HTC Titan (which i liked) This past March i upgraded to a Nokia 920 (which i hated) But when i attemted to trade the Titan in, my local At&T store woudn't give me anything for it. Now the One is a great looking phone. However, looks are not everything. Personally, I think the S-4 looks great and for what it can do, the features it has, and how versatille the device is, for me it was the best pick for my money. The Zoe feature is great, but it is my understanding that the images saved on it are only hosted by HTC servers for a limited time and are then deleted? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.) And the fact that you can't delete Blink-feed, no expandible memory or battery option, sealed it. Plus I am hopefull when my contract upgrade elligibity kicks in, I'll get a decent trade allowance for the Sammy. Unfortunately with my hystory with HTC devices I am simply not comfortable going through that again. I don't care how good the phone looks when it's new. Aluminum is a "soft" metal and after 18 or so months of "normal" use, is it still going to command a decent trade price? Also, coupled with HTC's current financial position in the smart phone market being a little shakey. I just don't know...Just my $.02
    05-03-2013 05:16 PM
    I was SO close to getting the HTC One. I think I fell in love with the design. I went in to Best Buy Monday night with the intent of getting it but instead walked out with the Galaxy S4! I went back and forth between the One display in BB Mobile and the GS4 in the Samsung "store" for about 45 minutes. I decided that even though I think TouchWiz is too bloated I think Sense 5 looked too scaled back. The biggest thing though was the camera. I don't care what you call it, Ultrapixel or whatever, its still 4 MP. If I am going to have this phone for the next 2 years, I don't want it to only have a 4 MP camera. The Zoe highlights are cool but once you have about 100 of them with the same 6 themes its going to get old anyway. I am really happy with my decision and I think my white GS4 and pink flip cover look stellar!
    05-03-2013 07:00 PM
    1)Physical home button! 2)Screen (is there a bezel?). 3)Software features. Gimmicks? I use the air gestures and motions all the time. 4)Removable battery. 5)Micro sd card compatible. This is in order of importance to me. I absolutely love the physical home button!

Let's see, the One has ummm build quality. Ugh..
    05-03-2013 07:19 PM
    It's funny how worked up the one users get.

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4
    Its funny how upset you s4 users get when someone says your phone isn't the best

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-2013 07:35 PM
    Played around with both & I chose the S4 b/c:

1. 5'' screen
    2. AMOLED. I like it better than LCD.
    3. Better specs
    4. TW options and tweaks. I especially like multi-window
    5. Better ergonomics in hand. Don't like the curved back of the One.
    6. Removeable/upgradeable battery
    7. MicroSD support

05-03-2013 07:58 PM
    Its funny how upset you s4 users get when someone says your phone isn't the best

Keep ur cheap phone on the nexus 4 forums.

satannik likes this.
    05-03-2013 08:18 PM
    Keep ur cheap phone on the nexus 4 forums.

Ill try to keep my half the cost phone that does the same things with my half the cost carrier for the same service off your forums.

05-03-2013 09:05 PM
    Ill try to keep my half the cost phone that does the same things with my half the cost carrier for the same service off your forums.

I love me some Nexus 4, but LTE/Display/Camera are enough to spend the extra cash for. Can't really compare the two.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-03-2013 09:14 PM
    Lets play a game. In this game, if I see you trolling, I give you an infraction for being disruptive. Get two of those, and you win a vacation.
    Game starts after this line
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    05-03-2013 09:29 PM
    I did choose the hTc One but also bought the S4. Why?

According to my family & friends, I need help. LOL

Seriously, I love Super Phones. I see them more as Toy than a Communication Device which is why I upgrade every 4-6 months my S4 & One are my 20th & 21st. I have a separate accounts, I went with Bell as well because they offer mobile TV and I love NFL (Steelers fan).
    05-03-2013 09:39 PM
    Samsung makes good products as a general rule. HTC, not so much.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-2013 10:01 PM
    I wish EVERYONE on this (and all forums) would TURN OFF their annoying sigs..period. "Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software).

Who cares!!?? It's just wasting forum space IMO.

Please people, turn sigs OFF.
    Wasting forum space? What would you call this entire thread?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila likes this.
    05-03-2013 10:06 PM
    I remember how great the samsung infuse was, Haha not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    anon(5857879) likes this.
    05-03-2013 10:07 PM
    I remember how great the samsung infuse was, Haha not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Relevance to the thread? Christ on a cracker...

More on topic... I chose the S4 because (this is MY personal opinion, do not flame me for having a preference) I would honestly rather wake up EVERY MORNING to the Oakland Raiders kicker, Sebastian Janikowski, squaring off and kicking me straight in the sack then using HTC's software. Oh, and it seems Samsung grew a pair and put some pressure on the carriers (except Verizon, they're too busy bending their customers over) to release their updates in a more timely fashion than HTC.

Again, save your breath. I could give two ****s about which phone any one uses, I have my preference, and you have yours. Enjoy your night.
    05-03-2013 10:47 PM
    personally, the only points in HTCs favor were the look and so called build quality. While the look for some is a fashion statement, I think the S4 looks great and I ALWAYS use a case, so this becomes a moot point! While the "build quality" seems to be an important point for some, and the One body does look to be constructed very well, the S4 is manufactured quite nicely itself and there is MUCH more to a modern smart phone then an aluminum uni-body shell! I have yet to have ANY issue with case construction of any of the several Galaxy S series phones I have owned and their Polycarbonite shells, while this HASN"T been the case with HTC phones I have owned in the past!

This leaves me with pretty much everything else in Samsungs favor! It was a fairly easy decision for me and I wouldn't consider changing it!

High points for GS4:
    physical home button
    expandable storage
    removable battery
    bigger Amoled screen
    camera
    size and weight
    familiarity

One more note...much has been writen about the idea that all the software features on the S4 are just gimicks and no one will use them...I will suggest that Samsung loaded this phone with so many innovations with the idea that each owner would find 1 or 2 of these features to be useable and actually a "killer" feature they can't live without! For me, it is the sensitive screen! If you live in a cold climate and regularly have to remove gloves to use you device, this is a KILLER feature! Air gestures is also a great feature when you need to answer a call and your hands aren't so clean!
    I maintain that most owners will find at least one of these features highly usable and will find them neccessary in future phone purchases!

The HTC One looks to be an exceptional phone and I'm sure will make many owners happy, but the GS4 is also an exceptional phone that in my opinion has more going for it!
    Apple must be VERY nervous with these two great devices out on the market!

Cheers
    05-03-2013 11:01 PM
    This is an easy answer from my perspective. I've been using HTC products for years including my previous phone, HTC One X. There was two reasons why I decided on going with the Samsung S4 over HTC One; both reasons are based on my HTC One X. 1) Poor Update Schedule, why does the USA seem to always receive updates +5 months after everybody else? this is not a carrier issue. 2) Accessories. Are all HTC One devices compatible with each other across the world? I purchased an accessory directly from HTC's website, it says it works with AT&T HTC One X - it did not. Sorry. I'm DONE with HTC and could care less if the display is sharper than my S4- that's not important. Why would I spend the money on a phone when the manufacturer purposely renders it useless +5 months later? Samsung is still in process of pushing Jelly Bean to their older devices... my HTC One X is dead via OS updates or software patches. Don't mean to rant but it's the truth about HTC... Samsung USED to do this to their products a few years ago but they now continue to support the entire Galaxy Series newer and older devices.
    05-03-2013 11:09 PM
    5" screen. The S4 will sell more and thus have better community support. The option to add more storage and another battery if I should ever want to.

If the HTC One had a 5" screen my choice would be harder. But really the only thing I feel the One has over my S4 is better speakers. But then I thought about it and realized I don't often use the speakers. Primarily headphones or a jambox.
    05-03-2013 11:24 PM
    I have chosen the S4 to be my first android device as of 4/15
    I love the HTC One and it almost had me.
    1 thing decided for me.

4.2. vs 4.1.

I don't want to wait 6-12 months for HTC to get 4.2 I still don't undertand that about android. if you are releasing a NEW device, put the newest OS on it.
    If you can't release it with it, what would make me think you are going to get that update to me any time in the first year.

Besides, I won't be able to keep either for more than 6 months if I want Key Lime Pie. I will have to sell the S4/HTC and buy a new phone to get that update and not wait 18 months for it.
    GiantJay and satannik like this.
    05-03-2013 11:32 PM
    I ended up going with the s4 for one reason. Removable battery!!!!!!!! I love the one and I think it is an amazing phone. I really like the amazing speakers it has but I need my spare battery. At my job I don't have access to a plug so when, not if my battery dies I need a quick fix. To be honest if the one had a replaceable battery I would have gone with it.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
    05-03-2013 11:41 PM
    Here are *my* reasons:

1. SD Card
    2. Replaceable battery
    3. larger and better quality (see displaymate review if you don't believe me) screen with the same physical size (less space wasted on bezel)
    4. No apps give me 3-dot menu
    5. Higher resolution camera

Osho
    05-04-2013 12:09 AM
    Cuz of:

Da SD kardz.
    Remuvible batteree.
    Robble robble.
    Errrg.
    05-04-2013 12:20 AM
76 1234