05-05-2013 11:57 AM
76 1234
tools
    5" screen. The S4 will sell more and thus have better community support. The option to add more storage and another battery if I should ever want to.

If the HTC One had a 5" screen my choice would be harder. But really the only thing I feel the One has over my S4 is better speakers. But then I thought about it and realized I don't often use the speakers. Primarily headphones or a jambox.
    I had a BlackBerry Bold 9000 back in the day. It had a great pair of stereo speakers. For a phone. As one reviewer put it, the sound was as good as any small table radio. The iPhone 3G and 3Gs and their crappy little mono speaker still outsold it by more than 10:1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2013 12:27 AM
    I wish EVERYONE on this (and all forums) would TURN OFF their annoying sigs..period. "Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software).

Who cares!!?? It's just wasting forum space IMO.

Please people, turn sigs OFF.
    I agree.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)
    05-04-2013 04:38 AM
    I am getting the S4 next week and this is why.

1.Updates and current OS version 4.2.2, I never trust HTC with updates and them shipping their "flagship" with 4.1.2 proves it. And in 2 weeks there will be a newer version of Android and they will be even further behind. Meanwhile Samsung has the S2 and S3 on Jelly Bean, huge problem for HTC. AC keeps saying there isn't that big of deal between 4.1.2 and 4.2.2, but there is and this just confirms HTC won't be pushing out timely updates as usual. Just wait and see.

2.13mp camera, 4 "ultra pixels" is not good enough. Pixels aren't everything but you need more than 4.

3. Removable battery and battery size/SD card

4. I could care less about the front facing stereo speakers. And I think it looks weird. I don't bump music from my phone speakers, I have nice headphones, home theater, computer speakers, car speakers etc. for that.

5. I trust Samsung more for support and their manufacturing. HTC could very well be done as a company if the One doesn't sell well, unless someone else buys them.

6. Some of the features on the S4 are pretty awesome such as air view, s health, gestures, not smart scroll though. HTC has Zoe.

7. Durability of the S4. I wouldn't worry if I dropped the S4, but I would cringe if I dropped the One. And I guarantee shortly we will see everyone complaining about scratches on the screen and body of the One.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Statusnone and satannik like this.
    05-04-2013 07:18 AM
    Well the gs4 is starting to become like the iphone but with different software uit same design. The camera is nice on the gs4 but jusy because the one has a 4 ultrpixel camera doesnt mean it doesnt take good photos. It has larger pixels and the pixels have multiple pixels in it from what I have read about the technology but could be wrong. Imo when the lg optimus g came out they had updates to correct issues within the first month. I would have chosen the gs4 but its to similar to the gs3 and I dont need all the air view and no touch gestures messing up and doing things I dont need it to do when I move my hands or look away. To me its just to much and itll slow the phone down. I agree samsung has good support and a good community but that doesnt make it a good phone. But with anything its all about what u prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Topgonzo likes this.
    05-04-2013 09:22 AM
    I went tj the carphone warehouse today to collect my s4, whilst doing so I hsd a quick play with the HTC One and cab honestly say I didn't personal ly like it. It was not as fun to play with the app drawer was kinda boring and sense 5 overall lacked anything unique. In very happy with the s4 and easily last on the 2 years wiyh this awesome device

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums
    05-04-2013 10:20 AM
    I remember how great the samsung infuse was, Haha not.

I returned my One and waiting for my S4 to arrive next week and my Infuse has served me very well. Doesn't hurt there are amazing Devs at XDA for the Infuse. I'm going to miss my old phone that switched me from my iPhone.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    05-04-2013 10:45 AM
    Well the gs4 is starting to become like the iphone but with different software uit same design. The camera is nice on the gs4 but jusy because the one has a 4 ultrpixel camera doesnt mean it doesnt take good photos. It has larger pixels and the pixels have multiple pixels in it from what I have read about the technology but could be wrong. Imo when the lg optimus g came out they had updates to correct issues within the first month. I would have chosen the gs4 but its to similar to the gs3 and I dont need all the air view and no touch gestures messing up and doing things I dont need it to do when I move my hands or look away. To me its just to much and itll slow the phone down. I agree samsung has good support and a good community but that doesnt make it a good phone. But with anything its all about what u prefer.

Look at a picture from the One and GS4 on a big monitor then you see the difference. You can't tell on a phone screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    brianphrack likes this.
    05-04-2013 10:46 AM
    expandable storage and geek factor of it being able to let me scroll with my eyes - JUST CUZ IT CAN.
    Hahahah I LOLd
    05-04-2013 11:33 AM
    At 1080p-1600p the difference is negligible. If you want high quality photos at higher res than that you really should be using a dslr.
    05-04-2013 11:35 AM
    At 1080p-1600p the difference is negligible. If you want high quality photos at higher res than that you really should be using a dslr.
    Think I've linked this comparison twice now, but if you really think its no big deal then you're either blind, or a heavy Facebook user who judges the quality of your images on a 4"+ phone screen.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com
    brianphrack likes this.
    05-04-2013 01:02 PM
    I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't believe I just read ANOTHER one of these threads! I'm never going to learn...
    05-04-2013 01:12 PM
    Look at a picture from the One and GS4 on a big monitor then you see the difference. You can't tell on a phone screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Well if u want to look at it on a big monitor then both will suck. Get a real camera for that. U can have a 20mp camera on a cell phone that takes crappy pics because the size of the lens and image sensor is so small. A standard 5mp camera that u coild buy for 30 bucks will beat any cell phone camera.

05-04-2013 02:40 PM
    I got my hands on a HTC One today and I don't like it. I mean one in my hands that wasn't tethered down in a store. Sense is no good. The speakers I weren't as loud as my brothers S4 and the girl at Best Buy agreed, the One just has a tiny bit of midrange sound to it bit that's it. So I'm totally unimpressed and convinced on the S4. Sense is the worst part they did not do a good job on the software and that's always where HTC has lacked, and its running 4.1.2. So I think HTC might be done as a mainstream competitor in Android. I think Samsung and LG are the top two now. Time will tell but mark my words.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2013 06:14 PM
    ^agreed

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4
    05-04-2013 06:19 PM
    I got the S4 because of removable battery, SD card slot and screen size. I like the look and feel of the S4 over the One when in hand. The S4 feels better in the pocket with the mire rounded corners...feels smaller.

Sent from my Sprint GS4
    05-04-2013 06:41 PM
    I did choose the hTc One but also bought the S4. Why?

According to my family & friends, I need help. LOL

Seriously, I love Super Phones. I see them more as Toy than a Communication Device which is why I upgrade every 4-6 months my S4 & One are my 20th & 21st. I have a separate accounts, I went with Bell as well because they offer mobile TV and I love NFL (Steelers fan).
    LOL. I bought both as well. I have a problem as well. LOL. Although it's a problem that I love.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD
    maryjane2300 and verks like this.
    05-04-2013 08:12 PM
    What made me "pick it up":
    To see the build quality, hear the speakers, see the screen and 468 ppi.. Well, The build is beautiful, the sound is full and lush, the fonts look awesome....

What made me "put it down":
    The bezel looked so wide on the sides compared to the S4.
    Not feelin', "Blinkfeed"... (AT ALL)
    Rummaging thru Sense, it felt like "Sense Light"...i missed a lot of the animations and fluff from Sense 3
    Of course i prefer removable battery & removable storage but had i been "blown away" i might've TRIED a device without those 2 things
    Camera felt like a "bare bones" camera
    Notification light seems more like a "spark" than a light (could it get ANY smaller?) lol

All in all its sure a pretty phone, but i just wasn't feelin' it somehow, didn't wow me one bit... Keep in mind, my Samsung S4 isn't without its lil issues either", it stutters, non working NFC tectiles, limited 9.3 mb storage (when i was expecting 12-13 mb range), and a few other lil niggles...

BUT the difference for me was, when i picked it up, i couldn't put it down , so it got to go home with me : )

BTC
    05-04-2013 08:54 PM
    Think I've linked this comparison twice now, but if you really think its no big deal then you're either blind, or a heavy Facebook user who judges the quality of your images on a 4"+ phone screen.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com
    You are right I am a heavy facebook user. I mostly just take photos of food and my cats(I wish I was kidding.) If I want nice photos I will bust out my dslr...its not like the s4 camera is worthy of my photo edit time.
    The difference is negligible at native resolution. I don't care about the 100% crop photos, a lot of us never use that.

Edit: Also the one's camera lightning fast. That is far more useful to me then big crops. Everyone if different, for me the camera isnt the dealbreaker.
    05-04-2013 09:08 PM
    LOL. I bought both as well. I have a problem as well. LOL. Although it's a problem that I love.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD
    I think if I bought both, my girl would kill me. I upgrade once a year as well, but that's only because I buy phones every other year off contract.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    05-04-2013 11:57 PM
    Removable battery was the tipping point for me. I use my phone way more than the average user because my job is a boring do nothing night job. The battery is great right now but from past experience batteries start degrading fast after a year of charges. Also because I have no wifi at work and a bad signal that pulls a lot of power even if it doesn't show on the battery stats

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 02:55 AM
    The only reason I'd get the HTC One over the S4 is its aluminum build (there's a couple other tiny reasons). Otherwise, the S4 is a win for me.

I always put a case on my phone anyway... the S4 is thinner & lighter... so with a decent case, it actually ends up being better (lighter overall & less thick with protective casing).
    05-05-2013 03:11 AM
    Much smaller usable display for apps on the One, but same size device. One is about 4.2" and S4 is 5" for apps.

No sd card on the One.

No replaceable battery

Those combined things means I would also choose the S3 over the One. S3 is still IMO a better overall device since has sd, battery options and a bigger usable display for apps.
    05-05-2013 08:29 AM
    ideally i would prefer vanilla android on nexu series of phones, but given that there is no new nexus on sprint i had to choose between the one and the s4. it was a tough decision, went back and forth a few times.

in the end it was s4 because of what a sprint rep said..'samsung has build a reputation these last couple years. they are more reliable than others in the android world'. i had also heard about htc delays in software updates. coming from a photon that was not supported for JB my decision was easier after this.

not putting down ONE, i liked that the Sense was light layer on android unlike TW which made the S4 look too busy and crowded if you know what i mean.
    but i have moved all S-Apps into a folder to hide them away and am trying to give my phone as much a vanilla android look as possible.

the plastic/polycarb doesn't look cheap at all as some have suggested. phone is light and thin and i will buy a case today to make up for that.
    05-05-2013 09:37 AM
    Statusnone, I also upgrade every year but I also have been successful in talking the wifey into taking my one year old devices! I use the upgrades for both lines! HEHEHE!!!
    She isn't at all techy and is more than happy with my old phone.

Cheers
    05-05-2013 10:21 AM
    Its funny how upset you s4 users get when someone says your phone isn't the best

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    That goes for people on all sides, not just S4 users.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-05-2013 10:35 AM
76 1234