So, why didn't you chose the HTC ONE but instead...

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish EVERYONE on this (and all forums) would TURN OFF their annoying sigs..period. "Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software).

Who cares!!?? It's just wasting forum space IMO.

Please people, turn sigs OFF.

Wasting forum space? What would you call this entire thread?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I remember how great the samsung infuse was, Haha not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Relevance to the thread? Christ on a cracker...

More on topic... I chose the S4 because (this is MY personal opinion, do not flame me for having a preference) I would honestly rather wake up EVERY MORNING to the Oakland Raiders kicker, Sebastian Janikowski, squaring off and kicking me straight in the sack then using HTC's software. Oh, and it seems Samsung grew a pair and put some pressure on the carriers (except Verizon, they're too busy bending their customers over) to release their updates in a more timely fashion than HTC.

Again, save your breath. I could give two ****s about which phone any one uses, I have my preference, and you have yours. Enjoy your night.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
personally, the only points in HTCs favor were the look and so called build quality. While the look for some is a fashion statement, I think the S4 looks great and I ALWAYS use a case, so this becomes a moot point! While the "build quality" seems to be an important point for some, and the One body does look to be constructed very well, the S4 is manufactured quite nicely itself and there is MUCH more to a modern smart phone then an aluminum uni-body shell! I have yet to have ANY issue with case construction of any of the several Galaxy S series phones I have owned and their Polycarbonite shells, while this HASN"T been the case with HTC phones I have owned in the past!

This leaves me with pretty much everything else in Samsungs favor! It was a fairly easy decision for me and I wouldn't consider changing it!

High points for GS4:
physical home button
expandable storage
removable battery
bigger Amoled screen
camera
size and weight
familiarity

One more note...much has been writen about the idea that all the software features on the S4 are just gimicks and no one will use them...I will suggest that Samsung loaded this phone with so many innovations with the idea that each owner would find 1 or 2 of these features to be useable and actually a "killer" feature they can't live without! For me, it is the sensitive screen! If you live in a cold climate and regularly have to remove gloves to use you device, this is a KILLER feature! Air gestures is also a great feature when you need to answer a call and your hands aren't so clean!
I maintain that most owners will find at least one of these features highly usable and will find them neccessary in future phone purchases!

The HTC One looks to be an exceptional phone and I'm sure will make many owners happy, but the GS4 is also an exceptional phone that in my opinion has more going for it!
Apple must be VERY nervous with these two great devices out on the market!

Cheers

scoutbb

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This is an easy answer from my perspective. I've been using HTC products for years including my previous phone, HTC One X. There was two reasons why I decided on going with the Samsung S4 over HTC One; both reasons are based on my HTC One X. 1) Poor Update Schedule, why does the USA seem to always receive updates +5 months after everybody else? this is not a carrier issue. 2) Accessories. Are all HTC One devices compatible with each other across the world? I purchased an accessory directly from HTC's website, it says it works with AT&T HTC One X - it did not. Sorry. I'm DONE with HTC and could care less if the display is sharper than my S4- that's not important. Why would I spend the money on a phone when the manufacturer purposely renders it useless +5 months later? Samsung is still in process of pushing Jelly Bean to their older devices... my HTC One X is dead via OS updates or software patches. Don't mean to rant but it's the truth about HTC... Samsung USED to do this to their products a few years ago but they now continue to support the entire Galaxy Series newer and older devices.

Last edited:

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
5" screen. The S4 will sell more and thus have better community support. The option to add more storage and another battery if I should ever want to.

If the HTC One had a 5" screen my choice would be harder. But really the only thing I feel the One has over my S4 is better speakers. But then I thought about it and realized I don't often use the speakers. Primarily headphones or a jambox.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have chosen the S4 to be my first android device as of 4/15
I love the HTC One and it almost had me.
1 thing decided for me.

4.2. vs 4.1.

I don't want to wait 6-12 months for HTC to get 4.2 I still don't undertand that about android. if you are releasing a NEW device, put the newest OS on it.
If you can't release it with it, what would make me think you are going to get that update to me any time in the first year.

Besides, I won't be able to keep either for more than 6 months if I want Key Lime Pie. I will have to sell the S4/HTC and buy a new phone to get that update and not wait 18 months for it.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going with the s4 for one reason. Removable battery!!!!!!!! I love the one and I think it is an amazing phone. I really like the amazing speakers it has but I need my spare battery. At my job I don't have access to a plug so when, not if my battery dies I need a quick fix. To be honest if the one had a replaceable battery I would have gone with it.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Here are *my* reasons:

1. SD Card
2. Replaceable battery
3. larger and better quality (see displaymate review if you don't believe me) screen with the same physical size (less space wasted on bezel)
4. No apps give me 3-dot menu
5. Higher resolution camera

Osho

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
5" screen. The S4 will sell more and thus have better community support. The option to add more storage and another battery if I should ever want to.

If the HTC One had a 5" screen my choice would be harder. But really the only thing I feel the One has over my S4 is better speakers. But then I thought about it and realized I don't often use the speakers. Primarily headphones or a jambox.

I had a BlackBerry Bold 9000 back in the day. It had a great pair of stereo speakers. For a phone. As one reviewer put it, the sound was as good as any small table radio. The iPhone 3G and 3Gs and their crappy little mono speaker still outsold it by more than 10:1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I wish EVERYONE on this (and all forums) would TURN OFF their annoying sigs..period. "Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software).

Who cares!!?? It's just wasting forum space IMO.

Please people, turn sigs OFF.

I agree.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the S4 next week and this is why.

1.Updates and current OS version 4.2.2, I never trust HTC with updates and them shipping their "flagship" with 4.1.2 proves it. And in 2 weeks there will be a newer version of Android and they will be even further behind. Meanwhile Samsung has the S2 and S3 on Jelly Bean, huge problem for HTC. AC keeps saying there isn't that big of deal between 4.1.2 and 4.2.2, but there is and this just confirms HTC won't be pushing out timely updates as usual. Just wait and see.

2.13mp camera, 4 "ultra pixels" is not good enough. Pixels aren't everything but you need more than 4.

3. Removable battery and battery size/SD card

4. I could care less about the front facing stereo speakers. And I think it looks weird. I don't bump music from my phone speakers, I have nice headphones, home theater, computer speakers, car speakers etc. for that.

5. I trust Samsung more for support and their manufacturing. HTC could very well be done as a company if the One doesn't sell well, unless someone else buys them.

6. Some of the features on the S4 are pretty awesome such as air view, s health, gestures, not smart scroll though. HTC has Zoe.

7. Durability of the S4. I wouldn't worry if I dropped the S4, but I would cringe if I dropped the One. And I guarantee shortly we will see everyone complaining about scratches on the screen and body of the One.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the gs4 is starting to become like the iphone but with different software uit same design. The camera is nice on the gs4 but jusy because the one has a 4 ultrpixel camera doesnt mean it doesnt take good photos. It has larger pixels and the pixels have multiple pixels in it from what I have read about the technology but could be wrong. Imo when the lg optimus g came out they had updates to correct issues within the first month. I would have chosen the gs4 but its to similar to the gs3 and I dont need all the air view and no touch gestures messing up and doing things I dont need it to do when I move my hands or look away. To me its just to much and itll slow the phone down. I agree samsung has good support and a good community but that doesnt make it a good phone. But with anything its all about what u prefer.

Ozzie_89

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I went tj the carphone warehouse today to collect my s4, whilst doing so I hsd a quick play with the HTC One and cab honestly say I didn't personal ly like it. It was not as fun to play with the app drawer was kinda boring and sense 5 overall lacked anything unique. In very happy with the s4 and easily last on the 2 years wiyh this awesome device

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember how great the samsung infuse was, Haha not.

I returned my One and waiting for my S4 to arrive next week and my Infuse has served me very well. Doesn't hurt there are amazing Devs at XDA for the Infuse. I'm going to miss my old phone that switched me from my iPhone.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Well the gs4 is starting to become like the iphone but with different software uit same design. The camera is nice on the gs4 but jusy because the one has a 4 ultrpixel camera doesnt mean it doesnt take good photos. It has larger pixels and the pixels have multiple pixels in it from what I have read about the technology but could be wrong. Imo when the lg optimus g came out they had updates to correct issues within the first month. I would have chosen the gs4 but its to similar to the gs3 and I dont need all the air view and no touch gestures messing up and doing things I dont need it to do when I move my hands or look away. To me its just to much and itll slow the phone down. I agree samsung has good support and a good community but that doesnt make it a good phone. But with anything its all about what u prefer.

Look at a picture from the One and GS4 on a big monitor then you see the difference. You can't tell on a phone screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
At 1080p-1600p the difference is negligible. If you want high quality photos at higher res than that you really should be using a dslr.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma