So I am brand new to Android, been Iphone since 2008. So far I am liking it a great deal and this site has been a big help with the transition. Thanks!

So using s voice to send a text message to my wife is giving me a headache. All her data is in my address book for her, and it worked fine the first day of use, now when I command "Send Message to Michelle Miles" it comes back and says no Michelle Miles in your address book. But if I say send message to Michelle it comes back and says which Michelle and it gives me her and all my other Michelles in my contacts?

If I ask s voice to find contact Michelle Miles it immediately finds her contact info????? I am using stock Samsung address book and imported my contacts from gmail?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.... this is a pretty important contact to have available.
    05-03-2013 12:53 PM
    I'm cracking up with this one too..

If is say: Call Natalie - "I couldn't find Natalie IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK who would you like to call"

But if I say....

Look up Contact Natalie - "I found Natalie in your address book" ... Brings up all of the contact details, but then you don't get the features of using S Voice by selecting the contact and not having it put automatically on loudspeaker!

What's going on!!

This happens with loads of my contacts!

Any help would be useful, it's the only thing if found buggy with the S4!
    05-05-2013 08:51 AM
    Same here, new S4! I can look up m wife, but once I say her name, it says can't find in address book! Drives me nuts!
    Same with friends......Call Marc.....won't do it........Look up Marc......yes there he is! FACEPALM!
    05-11-2013 03:54 PM
    I deleted all my contacts on the phone. Cleared my address book memory via settings. Then reimported them via my Google contacts. And now it works go figure.
    05-11-2013 05:24 PM
    Would you please describe the whole process a little more detailed I'd appreciate it.
    Did you manually delete all your contacts off the phone?
    And where do I find the options you said in settings?
    Thanks a bunch
    05-11-2013 07:04 PM
    Never mind I think I got it!
    Deleted all contacts from phone.
    Then went into manage applications and contacts and cleared cache etc.
    Then synced with google again under my accounts.
    Still have to test it.
    05-11-2013 07:10 PM
    Yep thats exactly how I did it.
    05-11-2013 07:14 PM
    Unfortunately didn't work on my device. Still getting couldn't find jerry or whoever.
    I'll try again. Glad to hear it worked for you though! Good job!
    05-11-2013 07:34 PM
    Thank you so much firedoug! It did work! and it works like a charm! Awesome you found out and shared it!
    05-11-2013 08:34 PM
    I take it when you deleted the contacts from the phone it won't be a two way thing and delete my contacts from the Google account itself.. I can't afford to loose them! I think I'll make a backup before I try it!
    05-18-2013 07:19 PM
    Unfortunately, doing this step deleted all my contacts out of Google. What did I do wrong?
    06-13-2013 03:05 PM
    Unfortunately, doing this step deleted all my contacts out of Google. What did I do wrong?
    If you are using google contacts and have sync enabled, deleting a contact from your phone also deletes the contact from your google contacts, there are synced. Add one there it adds here, delete one here it deletes there (synced). The way to do this and not lose your contacts is to remove your google account or whichever account you use for contact syncing and then add the account back to the phone. The contacts will sync once again on the phone and S Voice contacts issue should be resolved.
    06-13-2013 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply mhunter6378! Okay... so I removed both Gmail & Facebook because I had both syncing. That left no entries what-so-ever in my contacts--well... besides "me" of course--so I didn't need to delete anything. Went into Application Manager and cleared the cache for Google and Facebook. Heck... I even rebooted the phone. Then, I added back both Gmail & Facebook accounts, and joined all contacts that were in both. But... activating S Voice produces the same problem--when asking to look up a contact, it finds it just fine, but when asking to call or message, it says that contact isn't in the address book. Am I still doing something wrong?
    06-13-2013 04:31 PM
    No that should have worked. If you are up to it one other thing to try. Do the same ( remove accounts ) then go to app manager clear cache and data for s voice then disable it. Reboot and the re-enable s voice and lastly add your accounts back. If that doesn't work the only option left is a complete restore but bear in mind if you do a complete restore you will have to reinstall everything, starting all over like a new phone, can be time consuming. Post back with your results.
    06-13-2013 04:39 PM
    Woohooo!!! That did it! I did the first part of your reply... Removed Gmail & Facebook--which removed all my contacts again (this time without deleting them off of Google). Went to application manager and cleared data and cache for S Voice, then disabled it. I rebooted the phone and scared myself silly because I couldn't find the S Voice in the application manager to be able to re-enable it. On a whim, I scrolled all the way to the bottom of the list and there it was. Whew! Enabled S Voice, and re-added Gmail & Facebook. Synced all contacts. And voila! Asking S Voice to message or call now finds the contact in the address book. You're a genius, Mhunter! Thank you!

I should also mention that before my first post here, I had already disabled my Samsung account because I'd seen in some other post that it might be confusing S Voice. I haven't re-enabled it either. Don't seem to need it.

Thank you again, Mhunter!
    06-13-2013 05:44 PM
    Great! Glad you got it fixed.
    06-13-2013 06:06 PM
    Hi there,

I've noticed the contacts S Voice doesn't recognize are the ones on which I've marked a default number.

Is it the same for you ?
    06-17-2013 12:48 PM
    Hi there,

I've noticed the contacts S Voice doesn't recognize are the ones on which I've marked a default number.

Is it the same for you ?
    I did notice that as well. Many of my contacts have multiple numbers so I had those marked with default numbers assigned. In my case there was no consistency in which contacts S Voice would find and those that it wouldn't but many if not most of the contacts it couldn't find did have default numbers assigned. I don't know if this is the root cause of the problem or not. I do know that I removed the default assignments to see if it corrected the problem and in my case it did not. The only solution for me was to remove the account I had that synced my contacts, clear S Voice data, cache, then disable, reboot and re-enable S Voice and add my account back and sync my contacts. Seems more involved than it really is but in my case it worked. Hopefully someone will figure out the cause of this glitch. I rely on making hands free calls over bluetooth while commuting and much of day while working so this is a vital feature for me. For now all is well and it's working since taking this corrective action and I have not had to repeat this procedure so far.
    06-17-2013 01:37 PM