Galaxy S4 Voice Over on Browser and Gallary Selection

krhodes90

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I get voice alerts on very few actions. Currently they are when I use stock browser. It say,"page loaded" or "loading started" and with gallery "the check box is currently checked". I have tried everything to turn off. I can't seem to find the option for it. It'd rather annoying!

Also, I'm having a weird glitch with the Video application where the progress bar and play pause buttons won't go away, they just cover half of the screen!

mancothegr8

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Im so glad I found someone whos having the exact same issues. Thanks for starting this
Issues:
Voice alerts in the gallery "the check box is currently checked"
Video application menu and overlay wont go away once brought up

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I posted about this also. Driving me nuts. Voice over is off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

In Settings, under "My Device", click on Accessibility.

If you scroll down and see "TalkBack", see if that's turned on. Even if it says off, click on it and disable all the settings under it. That would be my guess as to why you're getting that voice feedback.

mancothegr8

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Tried this and it still does it... one of the frist things I tried. But thank you for the response.

In Settings, under "My Device", click on Accessibility.

If you scroll down and see "TalkBack", see if that's turned on. Even if it says off, click on it and disable all the settings under it. That would be my guess as to why you're getting that voice feedback.

Tiger3000

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem of annoying voice on Galaxy S4. Talkback is off and all settings under it is disabled.
Any idea or workaround out there ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I've posted this on other threads so I'm just gonna copy/paste here. hehehe but this is why you might have TalkBack doing it's thing even if it's disabled in the settings.

It sounds like you have the "TalkBack" function active on your phone. Try checking Settings, Accessibility Options to disable it. IF turning it off doesn't work, then you might have the "TalkBack" bug. What is this, you ask? Unfortunately there's a bug with TouchWiz (the stock Samsung launcher) that causes TalkBack to, well, talk back, whenever you install an app that uses the Accessibility functions of the phone (for instance, NoLED, LightFlow when you want it to configure notifications for certain apps, etc.) In some cases, the bug only turns TalkBack on but you can turn it off. In some other cases, no matter which setting you have, TalkBack won't shut up.

In case it won't disable with the options, you have three possible roads to follow:
1) Deactivate all accessibility options for apps that are accessing them (in Settings, Accessibility Options... just untick all apps that are there).
2) Switch Launchers. This is a TouchWiz-specific bug, so using a different launcher (like GoLauncher or Nova) should clear the issue and allow you to use all other apps. The downside? You lose TouchWiz-specific widgets.
3) "Freeze" TalkBack. You can go into Settings, App Manager, All tab, and find the TalkBack service. In there, you can select to Disable the app. It won't uninstall it, but it will prevent the app from functioning, effectively shutting your phone up.

dtom2444

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
I had Lightflow installed and no matter what I did to the Talkback service, nothing would shut it up. Ended up uninstalling Lightflow and thing finally shut up.

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sadly this is something I'm very aware of. It's a really bad bug in the samsung apps that checks for any app using accessibility and assumes it must be talkback, so starts speaking. You'll notice the issue only happens with custom samsung apps. If you want to read my "rant" about this, see from post 35 here: Forum | SAMSUNG Developers

Samsung are aware of the bug and say they have a fix coming.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i have this same exact problem and have NoLed installed.

I am using Chrome instead of the native browser. One half of the problem solved.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i have this same exact problem and have NoLed installed.

I am using Chrome instead of the native browser. One half of the problem solved.

I use Chrome and downloaded a custom Gallery app but they all such. Stock is better.

Either way, my phone is silent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Gene Bodio

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung browser (globe) is constantly talking.
I made Chrome the default browser and now it's silent.
Pretty sad! In fact, I've got 5days left to return the phone and that's what I'm going to do! I'd ask if any Android phones email sys can compare to an iphone but getting Android answers also lags far behind iOS answers.

las3153

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I finally got the voice off by disabling NoLED. As a matter of fact, when I went to turn it back on a notice came up advising of the bug that enables TalkBack. Thank you for all of your posts ... seeing NoLED in this thread gave me the epiphany. This has been driving me nuts!!!!

Tim Winningham

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I started getting same voice as you say here about page loading and page loaded and in gallery box is checked, It had just started after i installed an app called iphone notifications which allows your messages and emails, missed calls to show up like iphone, i went in settings under My Device and the down to accessibility and the you will see iphone notifications, I turned it off and my page loading voice etc. stopped, maybe you have installed a similar app that is causing it. hope this helps.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt