I am coming from an HTC Evo 4G to the Galaxy S4, and there were things that the Evo did that I can't seem to figure out how to get the S4 to do.

First, when looking at text on a page in portrait mode, on the Evo, I would simply double tap the page and the text would be zoomed in to an appropriate reading size. On the S4, when I double tap, it zooms, but barely at all. I usually have to flip the phone landscape or pinch to zoom to be able to read comfortably. Is there a way to make the S4 zoom in a little more when I double tap?

Also, on the Evo, when the text is zoomed in on, the text would re-shape to fit inside the zoomed in screen. On the S4, the text doesn't resize at all, and I have to scroll vertically back and forth to be able to read a line. That's also very annoying. Can that be fixed at all?
    05-03-2013 07:05 PM
    bump
    05-04-2013 09:44 AM
    What web browser are you using? I doubt you can adjust the zoom level on a double tap, however, you should be able to format the text to your screen, depending the browser, it should be in the settings menu.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    05-04-2013 09:58 AM
    Try either Firefox or Dolphin HD. Google Chrome and the stock Samsung browser don't do zooming and re-flowing of text very well.
    05-04-2013 11:12 AM
    Try going into the browser settings. Yours may vary a little, but on mine(jb 4.1.2) I can go settings<advanced settings, and theres an option for default zoom with settings for far, medium, and close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    05-04-2013 03:06 PM
    Oh and as far as text re shaping when you pinch to zoom, that's not going to happen on the stock browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    05-04-2013 03:09 PM
    I'm getting my S4 very soon and this would be VERY disappointing if there is no double tap to zoom (where the text will automatically re-align). So it seems like I won't be using the stock browser then...
    05-04-2013 03:13 PM
    Ok I want to be sure I am reading this right. If I am browsing the web using the Stock web browser and I double tap, the text doesn't auto zoom and FIT the screen?
    and that's in portrait or landscape?
    05-04-2013 08:04 PM
    Ok I want to be sure I am reading this right. If I am browsing the web using the Stock web browser and I double tap, the text doesn't auto zoom and FIT the screen?
    and that's in portrait or landscape?
    If you double tap it will zoom in barely at all so that the text is still inside of the viewing area. But the zoom when double tapping is so slight that it's almost like not zooming in at all. You have to pinch the screen to get any kind of real zoom going, and no, the text does not reshape to the zoomed in screen at all. You have to scroll vertically back and forth to read anything. It's very annoying.
    05-04-2013 08:40 PM
    Aren't there settings to adjust in Accessibility?
    05-04-2013 09:00 PM
    i will go to AT&T in my day off and see what it does when you zoom. if i works like you are saying. I will just keep my iPhone and give up on android altogether.
    i am willing to give up VVM, and haggle with email clients to get my email to work since there is no native email client.
    But good lord I am not giving up everything so that I can have a widget and "customize" a bunch of crap that doesn't even work.
    05-04-2013 09:29 PM
    Aren't there settings to adjust in Accessibility?
    Nope.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d
    05-04-2013 09:33 PM
    There should be a native email client.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-04-2013 09:36 PM
    Nope.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d
    Ouch
    05-04-2013 09:39 PM
    "There should be a native email client. "

there isn't. there is a Gmail app. but if you have yahoo, or any other type of email, you have to download some other app to take care of those accts. I have 8 email accts. 4 of them never would work on the galaxy S3 I tried for a week before taking it back.
    05-04-2013 09:41 PM
    "There should be a native email client. "

there isn't. there is a Gmail app. but if you have yahoo, or any other type of email, you have to download some other app to take care of those accts. I have 8 email accts. 4 of them never would work on the galaxy S3 I tried for a week before taking it back.
    There is. I believe you must be a premium member of Yahoo to get IMAP support, but the included email client supports the standard mail protocols.
    05-04-2013 10:36 PM
    After experimenting with several different browsers that offer text wrapping/reflow, I've decided on Boat Browser for the moment. I tried Opera for a bit and liked it okay but for some reason when I would click on a YouTube embed on some pages, it would only allow me to download it, rather than just give me the option to watch it on the YouTube app. I still wish the stock browser or Chrome would offer text wrapping though. Don't know how anyone can put up with not having it on their mobile browser.
    05-06-2013 06:25 PM