Add/Change APN settings in AT&T galaxys4

akhamm82

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to set up my AT&T S4 for NET10 service provider. Everything was going fine until I needed to add/edit the APN settings so that I can use data and MMS. How do I make it so that the APN settings can be added/changed. Obviously AT&T has this blocked out. Thanks for any help. I am willing to learn and make changes, but I just need to know the steps and a way out if necessary so that the phone doesn't become a paperweight.

more info....
I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 SGH-1337. It is locked to At&T network but I am using it with the NET10 service provider which utilizes the AT&T network. I need to be able to change the APN settings for NET10, but when I go to the area to edit/add this information I cannot change any of the AT&T APN settings because they are greyed out and unchangeable. Will UNLOCKING my phone allow me to be able to change the APN settings?? I can currently make calls and texts on the AT&T network using the NET10 service. But, because I cannot change the APN settings, I cannot access Data or MMS.

I'm trying to figure out if unlocking is the right thing to do or if rooting is what I need to do. (But I haven't seen anything in rooting that would fix this problem)
Thanks

Last edited:

eyberz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I was able to edit my apn settings for straight talk (at&t sim) with a carrier locked at&t Samsung Galaxy S4. .. first go into settings-->more tab -->about device-->hit build number (grayed out) 5 times until you enter into developer mode--> after that in settings the connections tab hit more networks-->mobile networks-->apn setting and hit menu button and add the needed apn setting and hit save...I was able to get everything working including mms and 4g hspa+ with my at&t straight talk sim without rooting or anything except these steps.. works great! :)

Tiffany Bass

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi' thisworked for me. Settings, more networks, mobile networks, click access point names, then click the same button you use to get to settings....the button on the lower left then click on new APN and that should do the trick

eyberz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Name: Straight Talk
Apn: att.mvno
Proxy: not set
Port: 80
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MMC: 410
Authentication type: not set
Apn type: default,supl,mms
Bearer: unspecified

Use these apn settings for at&t straight talk sim.... talk text and data should all work perfectly :)...I have a at&t Samsung Galaxy s4 and was able to edit Apn settings without rooting or unlocking the phone. ..In settings in about phone hit build number 5 times to get into developer mode then you are able to edit the Apn settings.

D S2

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I did all you said to do and still i cannot access the web on my phone. All else works fine but the web does not .Only on wi fi can i use my phone ...i am about to toss this 600 dollar unlocked phone in the trash.

Mimi Reilly

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
you wrote: "apn setting and hit menu button and add the needed apn setting and hit save' I got as far as the Edit Access Point. I don't see a menu button. What am I missing?

Mike Woodford

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
anyone know how too convert a droid 4 to work with the straight talk byop thing? i bought the byop, and i rooted the phone, but it still does not let me change the apn or let me change the build. anyone have any ideas on how too do this?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
anyone know how too convert a droid 4 to work with the straight talk byop thing? i bought the byop, and i rooted the phone, but it still does not let me change the apn or let me change the build. anyone have any ideas on how too do this?
I think the byop only applies to GSM phones. The Droid 4 is a cdma phone only. Verizon does have some phones that are cdma but also have gsm bands. Unfortunately the Droid 4 is not 1 of them

Bev White

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
It didn't work for me. I got to developer mode but there was no menu button in the apn setting and it is still greyed out so I can't change anything. Does this only work on unlocked phones? I'm with bell canada